Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Introduction

Go down 
+12
heptathlete
bspervy
Amerame
DaedHead8
KvHulk
LuckyDevil
TechnicalSpartanism
ucantseeme
legendslayer
Devildriver
danthepirate
FatalFrontierDev
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

Official Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 1:40 am

Hello All,

I am making this account to remove the communication gap for the FF members. I am new to this forum and would be checking it regularly for your feedbacks. Currently I am sensing a loads of heat. But lets make FF a better place for all of us  cheers.

Lets start with the addressing of JSON issue. Quick headsup! JSON will be publicly available again soon.  bounce
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 1:48 am

I think you are going to struggle to get people to believe that you are a legit account until something you says comes true, or maybe you do something like make a post on the face book page under the FF Facebook account.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 2:10 am

danthepirate wrote:
I think you are going to struggle to get people to believe that you are a legit account until something you says comes true, or maybe you do something like make a post on the face book page under the FF Facebook account.

I'm pretty sure struggle won't be the case here  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
Devildriver

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 2:20 am

i dont believe ur a dev if ur r y dont u enlightened us on wot we had a boycott over and when was boycott
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 2:59 am

You mean the one where leader of different clans had a list of requirements. Nah! That would be too obvious, as it was discussed on so many platforms Razz. Instead, let me give you a sneak peek on the upcoming Lethal Reward.

Epiphany, A Light Gatherer v2

Skill1: Great Recall
Revive and fully restore HP of adjacent familiars.

Skill2: Epiphany Power rally
Pre-battle, deal ATK damage to 4 random enemies and sometimes weaken them for 1 turn.

HP: 14001
ATK: 13900
DEF: 15000
WID: 12500
AGI: 12700

Enjoy! Now wait till it gets live. Meanwhile I'll be checking out this forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
Devildriver

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 3:24 am

FatalFrontierDev wrote:
You mean the one where leader of different clans had a list of requirements. Nah! That would be too obvious, as it was discussed on so many platforms Razz. Instead, let me give you a sneak peek on the upcoming Lethal Reward.

Epiphany, A Light Gatherer v2

Skill1: Great Recall
Revive and fully restore HP of adjacent familiars.

Skill2: Epiphany Power rally
Pre-battle, deal ATK damage to 4 random enemies and sometimes weaken them for 1 turn.

HP: 14001
ATK: 13900
DEF: 15000
WID: 12500
AGI: 12700

Enjoy! Now wait till it gets live. Meanwhile I'll be checking out this forum. Wink
 didnt answer my question did u just basic info any player could give also any player could make up mercs. i asked a easy question to see ur response. ps wot is WID is that a new stat type
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 5:06 am

Right...so let's pretend you are a dev.

Not sure who would want to spend res to win that L based on the skills.

Also, some pretty mediocre POPE stats:

15671.08 15562 16750 14050 14266
Back to top Go down
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
Devildriver

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 5:32 am

danthepirate wrote:
Right...so let's pretend you are a dev.

Not sure who would want to spend res to win that L based on the skills.

Also, some pretty mediocre POPE stats:

15671.08 15562 16750 14050 14266

woh dan u must b dev to
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 5:41 am

Well I might be...you never know...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 6:57 am

Just assume he might be, and ride it out. Its not like you need to tell him your passwords or anything.no harm either way.
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 7:27 am

I was just bored. As I said in my first post we won't know until something that was claimed turns out to be true or false.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 7:35 am

Welcome, FatalFrontierDev. I'm willing to go out on a limb and accept everything you say at face value. That being said, I'm definitely looking forward to getting access to the JSON again so we can bring the Wiki back up to date! If you have any questions or concerns about the technical side of making it available or consuming it, I'm your man.

Also, the upcoming lethal looks solid but slow, which is fine since it's prebattle proc doesn't need to be fast to fire and its primary skill makes it more of a support merc than offensive. I'd be more than happy to get my hands on one! (And don't you think I deserve one for all my hard work with the wiki and json and forums? Wink)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 7:44 am

Hes not bread, no need to butter him up. Lol
Back to top Go down
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
Devildriver

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 9:47 am

sharkguy wrote:
Just assume he might be, and ride it out. Its not like you need to tell him your passwords or anything.no harm either way.
i just wanna troll like this guy is  Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 9:50 am

Are you referring to me, sir?
Back to top Go down
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
Devildriver

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 1:04 pm

sharkguy wrote:
Are you referring to me, sir?
no the ff dev
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 1:56 pm

Who knows? Benefit of the doubt is free.
Back to top Go down
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
Devildriver

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 2:54 pm

sharkguy wrote:
Who knows? Benefit of the doubt is free.
u can only go from experience and in mine this aint a dev to many red flags for me
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 11:50 pm

legendslayer wrote:
Welcome, FatalFrontierDev. I'm willing to go out on a limb and accept everything you say at face value. That being said, I'm definitely looking forward to getting access to the JSON again so we can bring the Wiki back up to date! If you have any questions or concerns about the technical side of making it available or consuming it, I'm your man.

Also, the upcoming lethal looks solid but slow, which is fine since it's prebattle proc doesn't need to be fast to fire and its primary skill makes it more of a support merc than offensive. I'd be more than happy to get my hands on one! (And don't you think I deserve one for all my hard work with the wiki and json and forums? Wink)

Glad to hear that legendslayer and the efforts are much appreciated. Once the JSON thing is finalized I would be sending you a PM Smile.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 11:53 pm

sharkguy wrote:
Hes not bread, no need to butter him up. Lol

Or maybe as an admin he might have seen my email address. Which is obviously the official FF email address.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 11:57 pm

So if I created an account with an official contact email address of Google, does that then mean I am an employee of Google?
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 8:50 am

Dan, if you can get an email address with @google.com at the end, then yes, I would be happy to believe you are a Google employee! Specifically since that is their internal email domain, and completely separate from @gmail.com. Likewise, if you can somehow get a @dakotainteractive.com email account, I would be willing to go out on that same limb and believe you were a Dakota employee.

I can vouch that FatalFrontierDev does indeed have an official @dakotainteractive.com email address associated with his forum account.

That being said: Welcome, FatalFrontierDev. Feel free to browse around the forums and get a feel for things. I would suggest that you pay close attention to the Suggestion Box forum as it is a great place to get some new ideas or find info on bugs. I'm sure a lot of our users would be more than happy to expand upon their ideas or bug reports if asked, so don't be shy if something interests you.

I do want to mention that a lot of our ('our' meaning the FF elite teams community such as Pirates, FFF, Wretched, etc) do our team coordination and high level merc theorycrafting discussion on a private messaging platform because we had been burned so bad in the past by the Devs reading our public posts here and nerfing things ruthlessly. As such, a lot of the 'professional players' are still a bit hesitant to share much here on this forum. You definitely have your work cut out for you if you are aiming to restore the trust of the player base. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 9:04 am

Well regardless of intentions or identities, I just want to say welcome to our lovely forum.
Back to top Go down
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon
ucantseeme

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 4:25 pm

This could really be an awesome development for us all (no pun intended). Hopefully we can all work together and get ff back on track as it is still my favorite mobile game.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 5:56 pm

Aiming for better FF and healthy userbase is the reason I am here for. I would try my best to go through all suggestions. And you all are welcome to share you thoughts, be that a new merc or a new feature. I affirm any action taken is for the improvement of FF. Just ping me if you feel like talking or have any doubt. I will make sure to get things cleared between us. Wink
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 6:41 pm

Ok. I'll stop being a massive downer.

I misread the skill on the merc and didn't realise it was pre-battle, which does make it interesting.

My comment about email addresses was in hindsight not well thought out.

So, welcome to the forum FatalFrontierDev and I guess we will find out within the week when Gates start.
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 4th 2014, 8:03 pm

I'll believe it when I see it, but I suppose it would be cool to see that you care
Back to top Go down
LuckyDevil
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 5th 2014, 11:39 pm

The idea of getting Json back is huge. The fact they are making an effort to again work side by side with the players is to our advantage. There have been many great ideas talked about but no one who would listen. This is our chance to help mold this game and make it better. 95% of emails get no/generic responses....if this guy can provide better than 5% response rate I will be happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
KvHulk
Common
Common
KvHulk

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 6th 2014, 8:37 am

This forum is filled to the brim with suggestions, tweaks & complaints from many users over the past 12-18 months. No one has listened. No one keeps the user base in the loop. Maybe, Just maybe you should head over to the suggestions sub forum and do your own research and then come back and ask the players anything you don't understand.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 6:06 am

Hey guys. FF JSON is available again! I have shared the necessary info to update wiki with legendslayer. Enjoy your next SD event. See you all around. Smile
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 7:37 am

Confirmed!

Official Introduction 10700l
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 9:20 am

God damn, I neglect the forum for a couple of days and this happens! What an awesome turn of events. Welcome FFDev, thanks for giving us the JSON back!

Hey Legendslayer, any chance you'll be doing event specific threads again? Those were my favorite part of the forum back in the day....
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 9:51 am

DaedHead,

Ideally I would like to find someone interested in being an active part of this community to pass the leadership torch on to. Someone who can make event threads and keep the wiki up to date. My interest in this game won't last forever, and I would hate for things to slowly die out because there is no one at the helm.

So to answer your question: yes I can make event threads again. But I don't want to be the only one that everyone relies on.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 10:19 am

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Epiphany,_A_Light_Gatherer_v2

She's a beast! Check out those skill mods and proc percentages! Better offload your soon-to-be-obsolete Crdnl Hardened Shields now! I'm betting that this is going to be a hard-fought event where Dakota makes a shit-load of money.
Back to top Go down
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 10:24 am

she's indeed quite ridiculously overpowered
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 10:57 am

LegendSlayer,

I get where you are coming from, nothing lasts forever. I'm not your guy though. I spend enough time playing/reading about/thinking about this game and I have my own projects that don't get enough time as it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 11:04 am

Thought as i have nothing to do i might try to add the mercs from the past events.
But while i learned how to grab stats via your parser just a few days before the JSON data was gone i somehow can't figure out again how i did it back then. Wink

PS
Ooh, and thanks for bringing the data back FFDev. Wink
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 11:25 am

FatalFrontierDev wrote:
Hey guys. FF JSON is available again! I have shared the necessary info to update wiki with legendslayer. Enjoy your next SD event. See you all around. Smile

One step in the right direction. Thank you!

Tons of suggestions in this forum. Just take an afternoon and troll through some old posts.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 9th 2014, 11:38 am

Now that it has been about a week, I assume that you have reviewed most of the posts here on the forum.  From those posts, I'm sure that you now have a list of the issues/comments/suggestions raised by your player base.  If you posted that list here, along with Dakota's proposed solution/resolution, we could all review it for accuracy and any omissions.  That way when you go back to the team, you have a solid list with perhaps even a sense of priority on where to start.  That way we can turn this game around sooner rather than later.

One last nugget of advice-constant, transparent communication here on the forum is required to bridge the gap between Dakota and the players.  If you've just popped your head in to say hello and then you go radio silent, that's not going to be good for building up trust again.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 5:10 am

I understand this place is heated with Dakota's decisions and you guys are much frustrated. Before you guys haphazardly jump to conclusions and stuff, I advice you all to be patient. There are so many things in pipeline that other things might take time to get into roadmap. I am trying to read forum regularly. But for a quick response on a feedback, contact us directly at fatalfrontier@dakotainteractive.com. I hope we are on same page here. And if you still have anything to discuss, mail us or PM me Smile
Back to top Go down
KvHulk
Common
Common
KvHulk

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:23 am

FatalFrontierDev wrote:
I understand this place is heated with Dakota's decisions and you guys are much frustrated. Before you guys haphazardly jump to conclusions and stuff, I advice you all to be patient. There are so many things in pipeline that other things might take time to get into roadmap. I am trying to read forum regularly. But for a quick response on a feedback, contact us directly at fatalfrontier@dakotainteractive.com. I hope we are on same page here. And if you still have anything to discuss, mail us or PM me Smile

I believe you asked us, the playerbase, for suggestions, comments, issues etc. Some of us replied. Others sent PM's and some of us asked you to go to the suggestions sub forum and read up so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves. And this is the reply we get?

No, I don't think we are on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 12:36 pm

Too much has happened in the past to be forgotten in such a small period of time. I wonder if this is an act to get people paying for the game again.
Also, I won't be sharing anything on this forum anymore because Dakota simply uses everything they can against us, weither it be strategies for certain events or uses of mercs. When a merc has potential, it gets nerfed to the ground. 'FF Dev', maybe you should tell your collegues to stay THE FUCK OFF OUR LETHALS after we've spent so much money to get them. ( Totally not aiming for Mista-Fista, Nocturnal Telepath etc; hint hint hint ?? )

So, everybody, open up your arms and welcome our newest member.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 1:04 pm

FatalFrontierDev wrote:

A roadmap? Yes!!!! Now are you willing to share anything in specific - like maybe what's slated for the next release?
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 11th 2014, 7:45 am

heptathlete wrote:
A roadmap?  Yes!!!! Now are you willing to share anything in specific - like maybe what's slated for the next release?

Forget 'the next release'... how about a comprehensive overview of the current state of the game and your long-term plans for making it viable again? Another game that I play called Legacy of a Thousand Suns has a dev team with VERY good relationships with it's players. They put out a monthly STATE OF THE GAME forum post going over everything good/bad/ugly/future with the game. It's very well written and very informative. Please check it out and perhaps you could do something similar? Link to the post: http://www.legacyofathousandsuns.com/forum/showthread.php?19230-State-of-the-Game-July-2014

Take some notes and try to emulate their level of communication and responsiveness. It has served them well, as the game is over 4 years old now and still going strong (translation: still very profitable)!
Back to top Go down
KvHulk
Common
Common
KvHulk

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 15th 2014, 8:20 am

So, That was a brief visit.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyJuly 15th 2014, 10:39 am

KvHulk wrote:
So, That was a brief visit.

You scared him / her off with your imposing green visage.  affraid 

hehehe ...

Maybe there's nothing to share about the recent update (40140709) and it was only to get us excited that we have the JSON data back.  scratch 

Time will tell ...
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyAugust 25th 2014, 1:12 pm

SO, he's gone? lol
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptyAugust 25th 2014, 1:15 pm

I sent FFDev a PM asking if he was real, he said yes, and so I sent him another inquiring about a concern of mine on July 13th, it went unanswered.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 5:49 am

TechnicalSpartanism wrote:
I  sent FFDev a PM asking if he was real, he said yes, and so I sent him another inquiring about a concern of mine on July 13th, it went unanswered.

We are trying our best to work with you guys. Sometimes for us devs, it's impossible to check forum daily. It is requested to please send your feedback and suggestion on "fatalfrontier@dakotainteractive.com" for quick response.
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 9:48 am

FatalFrontierDev wrote:
TechnicalSpartanism wrote:
I  sent FFDev a PM asking if he was real, he said yes, and so I sent him another inquiring about a concern of mine on July 13th, it went unanswered.

We are trying our best to work with you guys. Sometimes for us devs, it's impossible to check forum daily. It is requested to please send your feedback and suggestion on "fatalfrontier@dakotainteractive.com" for quick response.

Check it daily? It had been a month and a half, and even tho you were here today to see it, I received no PM lol. I'm good tho, no need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction   Official Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Introduction
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next