Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Introduction!!! ^_^

Go down 
+6
heptathlete
Arthainius
mamoncrief
Fresh-Fil-A
Zoar1984
exagerratedff
10 posters
AuthorMessage
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ Empty
PostSubject: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 11th 2014, 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,
Someone (Heptathlete?? ^_^) suggested me to make a proper introduction here in Crdnl Enclave. I said I'd do it after the PvP event and now here I am, saying "HELLLLLO!!!" to whole FF world.. ^_^. I'm sort of happy going person so please kindly excuse me if you are allergic to some bull****s.. I've been playing FF for 6 months now and reading this forum for about 2 months.. I played out of Singapore though I was originated from a country called "Burma".. It's being called "Myanmar" now (majority wouldn't have any idea what sort of alien nation it is).. Very Happy No worries.. My head came out between the shoulders like you do and I tried my best to speak & write in English to communicate with the rest of the world.. ^_^ My apology for my poor English.. (we are very poor in vocab especially).. Anyway I wanted to say "Thanks!" to the person who created this forum as well as those helping around.. It's really useful.. Appreciate it!
Oh!! Btw.. What's meant by 8/50? Character got enhanced with 50Cs after final evolution? Any other terms other than this? Caz I always see Arth advertised in trading post.. Thanks in advance.. ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 11th 2014, 2:37 pm

Welcome.  The term 8/50 means someone had eight copies of the Rare v1 version of a merc, then properly leveled and evolved them.  Then finally added 50 crystals to this evolved version.  It's kind of the most "common" way to make a good merc without using lots of crystals.
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 11th 2014, 10:13 pm

Thanks for the clarification.. I guess 100 Cs enhancement is enough to produce a great merc.. If one got too many extras, can enhance on the weakest ability (e.g Def for maidens) and/or the specialized one.. I'm not so sure about 50points would make a lot difference.. But for that we've to spend 300 more Cs... Anyway here's not to discuss about C enhancement.. Glad to have you guys around.. Thanks again..

Min
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 11th 2014, 10:32 pm

Welcome in the first place, but crystals DO mean a lot. A Siren that's POPE ( 8/400 ) will be worth TONS more than a ghetto / PE Siren as POPEs are quite rare. Siren might be worth around 80 AC where a POPE Siren could go over 140 AC. Depends on which merc you use the crystals.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 12th 2014, 1:50 am

Bienvenidos a la forum.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 12th 2014, 12:18 pm

exagerratedff wrote:
Thanks for the clarification..  I guess 100 Cs  enhancement is enough to produce a great merc.. If one got too many extras, can enhance on the weakest ability (e.g Def for maidens) and/or the specialized one.. I'm not so sure about 50points would make a lot difference.. But for that we've to spend 300 more Cs...  Anyway here's not to discuss about C enhancement..  Glad to have you guys around..  Thanks again..

Min

Your English is better then many people's English here in US and hell if you ask the British none of us speak it correctly hahahha.

Ya a lot of times I will just to the 50 crystal at end for 8/50 but it its really good merc I pope their important stats. This is called a 8/240 usually then there's toons like Frozen Golem or almost all Ls where you want to pope all their stats with crystals. Ls are easy though only 100 crystals. True pope mercs have 8/400 and a siren maiden, incin, golem, basically tier 1 or higher I always pope .
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 12th 2014, 12:39 pm

Welcome aboard Min. Glad you stopped by. On the wiki and a few other places you should be able to find some index (data dictionary, glossary, etc.) for many of the commonly used terms.

When you are trading make sure what you are buying is what you are expecting. Especially if it is beyond the first evolution of the merc. As Art indicated above, many pick and choose what crystals are used on a particular merc. I've heard stories of people buying a POPE, OPE, PE, etc. merc from someone, only to find out that the stats aren't quite right.

If you are not certain, either stop the trade, ask for assistance from someone, or ask for clarification of the stats and do some homework before completing the trade.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 1:38 pm

Hi Arth & hept,
Thanks a lot for the explanation and patience. I usually try to browse into a player's profile during/after PvP and if lucky, I could see the stats of the merc.. Then I'll take photo of it and compare to another one.. After a few rounds I can roughly guess what are the good stats for a particular merc.. But those were for old days.. Now I have this forum and great giving hands like you guys.. Information is just a blink of an eye.. ^_^. appreciate it big time and thanks for praising regarding my English.. It was just a very basic one.. I've to try it out to prevent unnecessary deportation in foreign countries.. Heeee... ^_^

Min
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 1:42 pm

What's funny is how many illegal aliens we have in US that we say we dont want even when they pay taxes....yet we won't let convicts move out of the country... wouldn't it make more sense to do the opposite?
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 1:54 pm

Hmmmm... It's quite tough for me to comment on this.. I have a poor knowledge regarding US law for the immigrants.. I did stay in Utah for about 3 months.. I've seen lots of asylums.. Not really sure why US Gov kept letting them in even when they can't settle those homeless/jobless locals issue.. I have no offence on foreign immigrants to US nor US Gov if one happen to read this.. Just an opinion.. Peace.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 1:57 pm

Dude I've done everything I possibly could for the US and it always seemed like what we were doing wasn't right ...... I'm just a citizen of the world. I hold no more allegiance to anyone.
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 2:37 pm

It's the first time I've came across the term "citizen of the world".. I love it.. I'm sort of speechless since I, myself left my motherland 17yrs ago to study abroad.. Anyway it's like "keep moving forward".. Let's hope things turn out to be better the next day no matter what..
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 2:39 pm

btw.. if I want some suggestions on team formation for the raid, where should I post? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 3:19 pm

There's a lot of raid squad threads. My suggestion is choose wis or atk based damage and figure out squad from there. Primarch/ultramutant teams are cheap but if you want top 15 gotta buy savages. Raid is their money maker
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 3:23 pm

exagerratedff wrote:
It's the first time I've came across the term "citizen of the world"..  I love it..  I'm sort of speechless since I, myself left my motherland 17yrs ago to study abroad..   Anyway it's like "keep moving forward"..   Let's hope things turn out to be better the next day no matter what..  

Maybe one day our paths will cross. I soon will be leaving US to travel for a bit. Maybe take up mercenary work (foreign volunteer lol) lmao
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 11:23 pm

Thanks Arth.. I hv a few more questions.. Sorry about that.. saying about WIS and ATK damage, should it be pure WIS/ATK team or mix? I guess running pure ATK/WIS team will need just 1or2 buffer for the whole team.. But majority of the buffers like that are quite weak I think.. a mean whole team buff..
And I notice that you didn't mention about AGI base.. Not suitable for raid?

Again.. My apology for disturbing u guys..

Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 11:26 pm

Arthainius wrote:
exagerratedff wrote:
It's the first time I've came across the term "citizen of the world"..  I love it..  I'm sort of speechless since I, myself left my motherland 17yrs ago to study abroad..   Anyway it's like "keep moving forward"..   Let's hope things turn out to be better the next day no matter what..  

Maybe one day our paths will cross. I soon will be leaving US to travel for a bit. Maybe take up mercenary work (foreign volunteer lol) lmao

Yup! Who can say. If you hv a chance, you are most welcome to visit Asia.. ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 1:50 am

AGI used to be the best for Raid overall, but since they nerfed all those mercs ( making everybody buy their savages to play top 20 ) it doesn't have any buffers anymore and is quite useless. Those CXB-2000U's and CXB-2000A's used to go for 100 res +, while you can pick them up for 10 AC now. ( Don't do it, lol. )
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 2:09 am

Hi FFA..
Thanks! If not troublesome for u, can you explain the term "nerf" in this game? I mean what was meant and how it effects on mercs.. And is there got any place where I can check which mercs were being nerfed? Sorry for the trouble. Thanks much in advance..

Min
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 4:28 am

Best way to describe it, is when you take your dog to the vets for the "snip" performance is never the same again and becomes a shadow of their former selves! Wink =D
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 4:47 am

^_^ Seems like its a bit d1fferent from what I've expected.. I'm confused!! LoL So I should check out with vets for the list? Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 11:59 am

Haha Smile basically mate they hugely reduced the modifiers from the AGI buffers, so mass buffing in raid and pvp became a wasted slot and a huge decrease in damage done by ALOT of peoples teams.

In terms of who is better now out of ATK & WIS you would have to check with the big boys, I think ATK is doing well but they are adding to the WIS arsenal often, this new lurker could be very good!

And generally if you really want to hands down pwn raid then you will need to dig deep and buy savages to keep up and get the Mvps on bosses!
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 12:27 pm

Let's not forget the WIS buffer they gave away at Thanksgiving. If that ever becomes tradeable, a full or hybrid WIS raid team might be worth running (50% pre-battle chance to 40% buff of a max POPE WIS of 16292, which is 6517 added to WIS of ALL squadmates).
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 1:16 pm

Yea very true mate, they'll most likely pull a stunt like they did with shellstinger, then "break" it like him too..!
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 1:25 pm

Well..  Got the picture now..  ^_^..  I'll setup 3 diff squads then.. ATK, WIS and ATK/WIS mix..

6 Burnfrosts + 2 Cyborgs + Vulture IV-C + Jade. DONE! LoL!! ^_^

Anyway thanks a million guys for your time & patience..
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 1:26 pm

That's just for WIS team.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 2:44 pm

Min: the term "nerf" comes from the kid's toys. Remember the foam toys that are branded as "Nerf"? And how little damage can be done even swinging as hard as you can?

That's where this term originated ... or so I believe. So when a merc is "nerfed", the damage that can be generated using that merc is throttled back - in some cases to an almost unusable level.

Some mercs have been nerfed and still remain viable. I can only imagine how strong Hellcat would be now if she hadn't been nerfed long ago ...
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 5:01 pm

hellcat's atk proc was nerfed from 300% wis damage (14k wis) to all to 200% wis damage to all. If she buffs her own wis (still 100%) then her proc is an unstoppable OHKO on all, before the nerf even if she didn't proc that was true. She wasn't hit nearly as bad as fista. Buff went from 100% to 25% and atk proc went from 300% to 175%. Hanzo was made pretty useless (now just pray for him not to proc ever), as was nocturnal telepath as a stand alone lethal. He is still wicked strong in large groups so he can daisy chain his own buff, but by himself he is pretty much useless.
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 5:15 pm

Oh!  well..  shame on me.. I came from a poorly developed country back then..  I didn't experience most of the western products when young.  And I'm already an adult when I left there..
Still being a bachelor I really don't have a chance to come across those kids' stuffs..  Sorry for my lack of knowledge..    

Anyway I'm now in FF with u guys..  At least I wasn't too late on this I guess..  ^_^
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 5:23 pm

Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ <a href=Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ Bc11" />

This is how it was before Hellcat was nerfed.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 8:23 pm

^So when I saved that picture I noticed it was called bc11.png, are there 10 more of these? Please say yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 9:47 am

Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ <a href=Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ Teddy_10" />

This is the only other one I have. This is what it was like before Mr. Fista was turned in to Mr. Magoo.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 12:52 pm

Is Teddy Roosevelt fighting Big Foot?

Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 12:56 pm

Ok I found the gallery filled with epic awesomeness.

For all the glee filled boys and girls-

http://sharpwriter.deviantart.com/gallery/#
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 2:37 pm

Clinton was the best among all.. equipped with RPG.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
urs4mine
Uncommon
Uncommon
urs4mine

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 3:40 pm

@exag do you have line messaging app on your phone? If not download it and pm me your id and I'll add you to the 2 chats we have set there. It's nice cause you can have real time convo's and makes the little bit of trading that does go on here a little faster.

Welcome to the community cheers 
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 5:35 pm

@urs.. of course I do.. it's "pharrjuku" which will be the same as IGN... ^_^
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 16th 2014, 5:49 pm

Oh yeah I see you around in game all the time, good squad bud.
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 17th 2014, 8:31 am

^_^ yup!! thats why I've mentioned before.. the only human being among priates, cartoons n robots.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 18th 2014, 1:58 pm

you should have done you ign as the same as forum... we never know if were talking to complete noobs on advice or people who actually comprehend what were saying lol.
Back to top Go down
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ EmptyJanuary 19th 2014, 10:13 am

yup! my bad.. I'll make one then.. ^_^! or can I change the ID?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Introduction!!! ^_^   Official Introduction!!!    ^_^ Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Introduction!!! ^_^
Page 1 of 1