Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello & Goodbye

Go down 
+8
mamoncrief
duavae
DaedHead8
Fresh-Fil-A
Zoar1984
blandquick
aceslifebegins
heptathlete
12 posters
AuthorMessage
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 3:49 am

Everyone,

It has been a pleasure getting to know you over the last several weeks & months. Effective immediately I am ceasing all game activities.

Zoar, Duavae, Hatch, Mamoncrief, Eros, and others that I may have some outstanding trades or loans: I can no longer honor those obligations as my wife of 20 years has laid down the gauntlet and unequivocally stated, "it's her or the game". I apologize to all of you as my intent was to honor those transactions and continue growing my team and the camaraderie amongst the forum community.

I have reinstalled the game numerous times and tonight was her final uninstallation. We have been drifting apart over the last several months of an extended period of unemployment. I dare not reinstall the game again as I have been failing her and myself.

Aces, I pray your treatment protocols are successful. My efforts to be active in both the FF forum community and the real world have not. As such I must step away from the game and find some gainful employment that pays the bills.

I've had numerous roles over the years, with degrees in Finance & Information Systems and several professional credentials (PMP - Project Management Professional [PMI]; CSM - Certified Scrum Master [Scrum Alliance]; PCLP - Principal Certified Lotus Professional [IBM]; ITIL-F - Foundations of Information Technology Infrastructure Library [EXIN]. Having delivered successful projects and products for Fortune 500 corporations, private companies and non-profit organizations, my most recently my work has focused on business processes, master data management, big data, taxonomies and information ontologies, and axiomatic designs.

Perhaps the team at Dakota is hiring? I believe they could use a Product Owner for this game, a delivery / deployment manager, a process improvement champion, and more. They have my credentials from my game ID if they are interested.

Otherwise, it's time for the fat lady to sing and the curtain to fall. Hopefully my efforts to shift the paradigm within the forum from vitriol during the network failures earlier this summer to the competitive collaboration that TFB & FFF manifested in this last tower event shall continue unabated.

Post to the thread if you are interested in staying connected. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

Carpe Diem & Godspeed

H
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 4:16 am

Would def like to stay connected man. I understand your reasoning and wish you the best. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Frank
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
blandquick
Uncommon
Uncommon

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 5:00 am

Check your pm.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 8:17 am

heptathlete. This is unfortunate. I guess I understand but I will send you a PM. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 8:18 am

Meaning you still have your Moba account and all the resources etc., only uninstalled the game. That means there might be a time you'll return ? Very Happy

Grtz
Fresh-Fil-A
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 10:17 am

Part 2:

Here's my best guess on account balances and proposed balancing actions:

I need to exchange ammo for shots (5 ammo for 10 shots), can be one's & twos, not the entire amount from any one source.

Euphoric: Doesn't look like I'll be getting that Particle from you.  Please release him so that someone can use him on their squad.
DONE
Mamoncrief: Owe you 15; still have your Canis v4; drop a trade with junk and he's back to you.
Zoar: I'll catch the 2 trades you set already for your 4 mammoths.
DONE
Duavae: Owe you 5; still have your Oathbreaker v2; drop a trade with junk and she's back to you.
DONE
Hatch: Owe you tons; still have your Big Rig v2; drop a trade with junk and he's back to you.  Also, have 2 poorly evolved Eve v4's that I pray address the rest (bionics, gyros, etc.).
DONE
Eros: Owe you tons; I have 10 ammo, trying to dilute it to 5 ammo and 10 shots so the shot balance is clear and the ammo balance is much smaller; also drop a trade for 2 Ulfr and that should address the rest.
DONE
Aces: No words or gifts could express the gratitude I feel about having crossed paths in this forum.  May we again, either above ground or afterwards.

Everybody else: Sorry but no further trading shall occur. The general store has closed. Only caveats:

Trades for ammo to address balances with Eros, Hatch & Aces.
Currency exchanges to address balances with Eros, Hatch & Aces.

All the best to you and yours,

Patrick

Last edited by heptathlete on August 18th 2013, 6:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 10:41 am

Good luck and I hope to see you around on the Fatal Frontier Forums in the future !
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 10:52 am

You owe me nothing man but a email addy so we can stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 11:21 am

I'm sad to see you go dude but it sounds like you've got your priorities straight. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 11:49 am

Not really, Daed; but trying to get there. Slept on the floor last night. And we'll see where it goes. Right now I need to restart being present in her life and going to church, again.

Aces: check your PM.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 11:52 am

Women, always something wrong with them. Having to sleep on the floor just because somebody plays a game, where is the world going to. scratch
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 11:53 am

Theres nothing there
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 12:00 pm

Just finished Aces. Had to wipe some tears from my eyes to see the screen clearly.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 12:45 pm

Yeah i hate when my house gets all dusty Smile
Back to top Go down
duavae
Epic
Epic
duavae

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 18th 2013, 5:13 pm

I am sorry to hear that bud, keep the oath or trade her for some res so you can balance your other accounts, I don't need her, look at it this way bro, get a awesome job that pays well then you can come back and play in your spare time. or at least come have a chat on the forum, best of luck for your future endeavor
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 19th 2013, 1:54 am

Sorry to see you go man. Just started to get acclimated here, and you were one of the people that I figured would be around forever. Good luck finding work, and if you ever do come back, I think that you have garnered enough good will and honest trades around here that I would guess there will ALWAYS be a competitive team waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 19th 2013, 8:35 am

Sorry to see you go, but real life always takes priority. I hope you can repair the bond with your wife and find a baller job soon!

Hell, maybe once you find a good job, you'll be able to play at work like I do Very Happy

Good luck in whatever you do.
Back to top Go down
Eros1986
Rare
Rare
Eros1986

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 19th 2013, 12:53 pm

Crap, I had no idea you were leaving for good. But yes, real life does come first. It's obviously more important to reconnect with your wife, so please don't even worry about the game for now. I hope you get a great job soon, then you could always come back to play casually and we'll be here man. Sending you a pm.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 19th 2013, 12:57 pm

I hate to here were losing another good player. Hope things get better for you
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 19th 2013, 2:46 pm

Well if any of y'all know of some gigs in need of people, drop me a PM.  Still lurking ... very clandestine services kind of gaming ... Suspect

Got to uninstall again before I shut down for the day ... again.
Back to top Go down
Nimey
Rare
Rare
Nimey

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye EmptyAugust 19th 2013, 4:13 pm

Bah, sad to see you have to leave as you're one of the few that make the forum very lively. Good luck on your path to finding a job and bringing back harmony into your relationship. Drop by sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello & Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello & Goodbye   Hello & Goodbye Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello & Goodbye
Page 1 of 1