Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement

Go down 
+4
JoDaHo74
danthepirate
Zoar1984
heptathlete
8 posters
AuthorMessage
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement Empty
PostSubject: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 16th 2013, 11:20 pm

Gang,

Here's my feeling on this new wrinkle - Yuck!

If I don't have a lethal-stacked squad and I'm trying to win based on the characteristics of my opponent's squad, when I have to fight both the 1st line and the 2nd line, those "second stringers" create an unknown variable I can't possibly evaluate.  If the system is going to force me into fighting both lines, I want to see what I'm facing to evaluate "Should I stay, or should I go NOW".

Waa!  Not fair!
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 7:10 am

In general, I don't like the full squad battle. My main issue is that it forces XP onto my leader-and I don't want to level my leader. Plus it also appears that when second tier mercs roll up to the front line, they have a chance to proc. I saw opponents Giga roll up and proc doing zero as there were no remaining adjacent squadmates. Thus I would be happy to see this function go away.
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 8:34 am

I'm not really a fan of the unwanted lvling of the leader either. I am not sure how that will affect my matchups going forward so I guess we will see.

I think the safest bet is not to put any support type mercs in the second row.

I thought it was going to turn out quite bad for me running the 3 man and a lvl 61 leader, but the teams I am facing don't seem to have much depth to their bench, so it seems to be working out.
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 9:15 am

whats the advantage of not leveling ur leader?
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 9:59 am

the good side of double line is the possibility of some heavy outplay. You should forget having solid buffs on backrow, not gonna happen. But you should put heavy hitters with low agi in the back. Cause their turn order is determined by the merc in front of them. Also with a lot of strategy and a bit of luck, you could negate opponent nukers (fista busting a proc to kill only 1 big rig left alive, only to have jade come from behind and cut his mohawk in half) There are a few more possibilities, but I am too tired to write it all down. Put your minds to work Smile
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 10:00 am

Jodaho the advantage is having a free PS/AC anytime you want it, you just lvl your leader. That is how I did all my nexuses.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 10:18 am

I would vote up both posts above me if I could.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 17th 2013, 11:13 am

i figured that was the case re: low level leaders....wasn't sure if your leader's level influenced whether lower or higher level pvp opponents spawn.
Back to top Go down
paintballer58
Epic
Epic
paintballer58

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 20th 2013, 5:54 am

yea i think ur matched to teams with similar overall stats and leader level

and as for the full squad battles? im indifferent. the only merc in my back row is my leader and ive yet to experience ne difficulty clearing both enemy lines.

ive yet to see ne1 use back row to its full advantage also...sooooooooo

idc Smile
Back to top Go down
dansilveras
Rare
Rare
dansilveras

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement EmptyJuly 21st 2013, 11:29 pm

I love it in blood brothers but here not so much it's because the buffs are so powerful compared to BB. You could have someone like Titanfist V2 come in from the second row and he wouldn't have the damage to be able to hit through a blue buff.

List of people I would use back row
- Mista Fista
- Frozen Golem V2
- Siren
- Eve
- Pretty much any Wisdom Fam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement   New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement Empty

Back to top Go down

New PVP format - opinion on the double line enhancement
Page 1 of 1