Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.

Go down 
+6
edluv1
DaedHead8
MortuoRana
Arthainius
tuannaff
Blade X
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade X
Common
Common
Blade X

I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. Empty
PostSubject: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 12:34 pm

First off I'd like to say I love this game. Downloaded it for the free 25 mobacoins for one of my other mobage games. Found myself playing this game way more than the other. Great graphics, intriguing story line, and enjoyable events (except I dislike the PvP events, most likely do to my high lvl but low rarity monsters).

My number one question is: I have over 2 million in game cash and don't know what else it's for other than fusion, evolution, and enhancing. Can't spend it at the shop or exchange it for mobacoins and it's almost impossible to find someone looking for cash in exchange for their monster. Also the things listed earlier that use the cash, need only minuscule amounts in comparison to my amount banked.

Is this the same for everyone else or am I missing something?

Second: In order to make a fully evolved monster 100%, do I have to put in 10 of each crystal into each individual target and source? Ex. Take a 3 stage evolution monster: you'd need 4 v1 monsters to make the 2 v2 monsters need to make the v3 monster. Would I need 70 of each type crystal to make the 100% masterpiece or would that be overkill on crystals?

Third: I fully lvled up 2 different peices of a CXB monster, when I went to evolve them, (combine the peices) I witnessed a skill decrease in the targets skills berfore the 10% of the sources skills were transfered over. Why did it do that and does it do that with every target monster at its highest lvl during evolution.

Finally and this is more of a suggestion to the designers of the game: Why can't we bargain with a person that's trading a montser, or as the person setting up the the trade, set guidelines to what he's willing to take in exchange for what he's offering? It could just be me, but when I go to set up a trade I'm not sure if I'm asking for to little or to much, which limits my trading power and ability to complete a trade. Ex. I've seen people asking for 50 ammo cases for a Rare v2 monster or like 10-15 crystals each for agility, wisdom, strength, etc. for just a Rare v1 not evened lvled up 1 lvl. That's on the high end and on the low end, they'd ask for like 1 crystal for a Rare v2 monster with a decent skill.
Back to top Go down
tuannaff
Rare
Rare
tuannaff

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 12:50 pm

lazy answerer:

1. cash: you don't miss anything. cash is almost useless in this game.

2. evolution: normally ppl aim for PE (perfect evo) and OPE ( over perfect evo). there's POPE too, but really almost nobody cares.
PE: you need 8 n1 of the mob, mean 8 pieces of R* to make an EP****. the material must be at max lv to get max bonus, the seed can be at any level at point of evo (but eventually you will need to lvl them up as well, so just lvl all 8 R* to lv 70 at start.

s1: (R*+R*) (R*+R*) (R*+R*) (R*+R*)
s2: (R**+R**) (R**+R**)
s3: (EP***+EP***)

OPE is PE, but crystalized. each mob can use up to 50cry (10 of each types). 50 cry on the final product is most effective way. you can try OPE200 and OPE400 too but not recommended for newbie.

CBX ones are exceptions: they can only evo 4 pieces instead of 8 pieces.

3. skill lv decrease at evo is normally (mostly from R**->EP***) as skill of EP normally better, so the developers think ppl should spend more to lvl up skill. that's my guess, though.

4. well, this's long to explain. but the point is: Dakota doesn't care how ppl trade. all they care is how to make ppl spend more $ on pacts.
Back to top Go down
Blade X
Common
Common
Blade X

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 1:19 pm

Figured as much as far as spending actual money. I find it crazy that people spend roughly $1 for 100+ coins. Don't get me wrong I've paid for the 5 man formation and the 100 mobacoins for first and only time recruit that you get when you first start the game, but to spend all that money to hit the final tier for each and every event that comes out is retarded or their just retarded rich. Thanks I know I'll have more questions later just can't think of any right now.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 7:05 pm

The seed needs to be max not other way around. Always do your evolve with at least 8/200 or in rare case of the CXB bots 4/200. This insures that when fighting other teams that have same fams as you that your not getting beat by the build.

Also theres a huge difference in value on the auction house between OPE fams and below PE fams. Example : under PE golem v2 worth 25-30 res where as the ope 8/200 worth around 150-200 res.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 7:16 pm

By your example a PE golem would still be at least 8in1 or havr enough crystals to be PE
And if your trading ope golem for 200 resources then id still say a PE golem is worth around 100

Any one stupid enough to trade a PE golem for 20 is just really dumb

^^dont get confused by ope though
It is considered ope is its stats are better than just an 8n1
So if PE stats are 12000
Its considered ope even it its stats are 12001
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 7:19 pm

I typically build up two perfect EP***s and feed them both 50 crystls, resulting in 8n1/100c fams. They do pretty well, I've still yet to see a mutant faster than mine. I know they are out there but they are rare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Blade X
Common
Common
Blade X

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 7:37 pm

As I said in my initial post I am a total noob despite my lvl. I just barely started getting into the whole trading aspect of thethe game. You guyt are confusing me with all these stats. I don't quite understand the difference between OPE and POPE. I don't understand what you mean by 8/200, 8n1. Is "seed" aka for source? What does "fam" stand for? There's an auction house?
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 7:46 pm

8n1 means you used 8 one star creatures (all leveled to the max) to make 1 four star creature.

If someone says 8n1/200 or 8/200, that means they used 8 creatures to make 1 and they used 200 crystals in the process.

PE stands for Perfect Evolution and means 8n1 with no crystals, OPE stands for Over Perfect Evolution and means 8n1 with anywhere between 1 and 399 crystals, POPE stands for (I think?) Perfect Over Perfect Evolution and means 8n1 with 400 crystals. I personally think 8n1/400 should be PCE: Perfect Crystal Evolution, but POPE sounds cooler than PCE, which sounds like an illegal street drug.

This is a great thread that will teach you everything you need to know about crystals and evolution: https://fatalfrontier.forumotion.com/t172-evolution-and-crystal-guides
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare
edluv1

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 9:48 pm

I would take a golem for 30 res. I don't think his stats are that critical, as long as wisdom and defense are higher than kill Claus.
Back to top Go down
dokesh123
Epic
Epic
dokesh123

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 9:55 pm

i would take any amount of golem v2 for 30 resources anyday of any year of any month.
hell ya, i will take v1 golem for 30 res anyday of any year of any month.... Very Happy
i think art made some typing mistake up there
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 12th 2013, 10:57 pm

DaedHead8 wrote:
POPE stands for (I think?) Perfect Over Perfect Evolution and means 8n1 with 400 crystald.

It dosent have to bee 400 crystals
It could just be 80 of the same crystals
So what zzz used to do was make an 8in1 character and only add AGI crystals to it so I WOULD be the faster one possible
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 12:06 am

8/240 .... unfotunately many people who play the game currently still dont understand what PE, OPE, and POPE truly mean.... PE is a perfect evovle 8*1 , OPE and POPE is refering to just the crystals used in the PE evovle.... TBH dont try to understand it reading these posts cause a couple comments are wrong.. not pointing them out for the sake of being friendly...

just go to http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Fatal_Frontier_Wiki to learn what you need to know about the evolves. You can also see the max stats/ PE stats of all the current epics and lethals.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 4:31 pm

MortuoRana wrote:
DaedHead8 wrote:
POPE stands for (I think?) Perfect Over Perfect Evolution and means 8n1 with 400 crystald.

So what zzz used to do was make an 8in1 character and only add AGI crystals to it so I WOULD be the faster one possible

Oh I see. So an 8n1 with 400c is PCE then? Or something else?
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 6:36 pm

Tech yes but you really only need the agi to be maxxed . 8/240 Gets the job done
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 6:38 pm

#1 way to win is make sure you attack before the other guy.
Back to top Go down
Blade X
Common
Common
Blade X

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 6:56 pm

MortuoRana wrote:

Let me see if I am understanding that statement correctly. The first 8 R* only get the total of 80 AGI crystals, which is each monsters max of 10 crystals. Then all of them are evolved to their next respective form till your at the final evolved form, R****. This R**** still has the 10 max AGI crystals. It's then given the rest of it's crystals.

In relation to one that was given all its crystals during it first form of 8 monsters, it would be weaker in all other stats except AGI, which would be equal. Am I correct? If so that wouldn't be considered an 8n1/400 POPE. It would be considered an 8n1/120 OPE.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 7:01 pm

Arthainius wrote:
Tech yes but you really only need the agi to be maxxed . 8/240 Gets the job done

What exactly does POPE stand for?
Back to top Go down
dansilveras
Rare
Rare
dansilveras

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 7:43 pm

POPE is 400C you basically crystalize all 8 R* then you combine them at max levels. This is the easiest one to do.

240 OPE however gives you a guy with about 6 less stats in for your guy compared to a 400c version and just maxes the main stats for the guy along with agility. This is due to the diminishing returns. Honestly I would look at the fatal frontier page or the BB one they have a pretty comprehensive guide.

In addition you can actually use less crystals to make max stats and that's due to the rounding of the decimal in stats. It's pretty complicated but you can basically due 398 crystals and get a POPE Fam.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 8:14 pm

NPE = Near Perfect Evolution = close to PE, there is no definite %evo that I know of
PE = Perfect Evolution = 8/0-8/50
OPE = Over Perfect Evolution= stats > 8/50 = 6/300* - 8/399 (* I'm not sure about the actual minimum range for OPE it is different for each merc)
POPE = Perfect Over Perfect Evolution = 8/400

I would define/specify an 8/240 evo as "POPE AGI" or w/e stat you are maxing

The terminology is stupid (I did not come up with them). PE came to mean 8/50 evolutions in the early stages of BB/bbrpg.com before trading was implemented and crystal seeded evolutions were unheard of. "Over Perfect" and "Perfect Over Perfect" were built upon the already existing definition of PE. NPE is subjective and not very definitive.

It is best to specify evo's with the x/xxx system so that the number of cards and crystals put into the build are clearly specified. But be careful because many people still evo improperly and put crystals in the wrong order.

And yes as dan mentioned above you can attain POPE stats using anywhere from 70-80 crystals/ due to the game rounding up decimal stats upon evolution in some cases
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 10:37 pm

This game is tricking me into doing math! Mad
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 13th 2013, 10:55 pm

Wait till you start having to get into Combinatorics to determine the chance that all of of your characters should have procced (or lack thereof). It gets really complicated fast!
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. EmptyMay 14th 2013, 12:17 am

^ ive left that one alone as I kno the numbers will just piss me off. im just glad i went to a atk/agi based team . Not having to rely on my 30% (unknown %) proc rate has been nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.   I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a lvl 95 noob with a bunch of questions.
Page 1 of 1