Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP  Empty
PostSubject: Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP    Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP  EmptyApril 30th 2013, 1:18 am

This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads, but I'm not sure the devs have seen this, so I'll stick it here too.

Please, just be honest about the proc rate decreasing or becoming outright non-existent during higher streaks when using single attack.

When you have FOUR squad members with 70% buff rates who have been proc'ing through 26 matches and then suddenly ALL FOUR stop buffing around match 27, we're gonna know that something is up. The chances of that happening IN ADDITION TO having your opponent's ENTIRE squad proc (which has happened multiple times to me and other players on here) are so insanely small to happen even once, let alone multiple times, that people are going to start saying something (and they are).

So if something is up, then fine, at least just be honest and say, "as your streak increases your proc rate will drop, unless, of course, you use full-auto (because that's what you want us to do, spend the ammo, isn't it?)."

But the worst thing you can do is to pretend like there's nothing amiss. All that will do is piss players off into thinking the house has rigged the games and they'll eventually get frustrated with this obvious ploy to use full auto and quit playing. So, either fix the algorithm to show a steady drop-off in the proc percentage instead of the instant precipice you have now (and then mention this in a description on the info page so everybody knows to expect this nonsense), or just fix it so the precipice and/or steady decline just disappear altogether and let us win the match because we chose the right squad. When I'm running a 2000U, 3 Mista Fistas and a 400 crystal Lockdown, I shouldn't lose to some scrub team because you've made it so none of my four 70% buffers proc.

That has to be one of the biggest trolls ever to pull out in a game.

/rant.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP    Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP  EmptyApril 30th 2013, 1:53 am

...and it just happened again. This time at match 15.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP    Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP  EmptyApril 30th 2013, 5:44 am

I have beenin your shoes man. Extremely mad about the proc rate at high win streak. Thats why alot of us have set up teams with buffers that can kill in max 2 rounds with just auto attack. But yea at around 24-27 i stop procing to and ill switch in heavy atk/agi toon over buffer with no damage proc.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP    Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP  EmptyMay 13th 2013, 5:45 pm

Got a brief response back, but it looks encouraging:

Hello,
Thanks for the detailed mail explaining your concern, and not jumping to conclusions that we are manipulating things behind the scenes. I can assure you we aren't intentionally adjusting proc rates. We intend that they perform as advertised to the users.
Having said that, I will forward this to the dev team and have them look and see about the areas you point out.

- FF team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP    Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP  Empty

Back to top Go down

Full disclosure of proc rate as your streak progresses through PVP
Page 1 of 1