Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proc Rates - keep em honest

Go down 
+2
mamoncrief
mrpug
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrpug
Rare
Rare
mrpug

Proc Rates - keep em honest Empty
PostSubject: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptySeptember 30th 2013, 2:37 pm

It's clear there are battles in PvP or Tower or moments in raid where something is fixed and the your team takes a nose dive. While we understand Dakota has to earn cash, this can't be good for the long term health of the product. Take a look at recent "quitting" or "playing less" posts and you'll usually see something along the lines of "got tired of the proc manipulation" as part of the reason for leaving.

The problem is that you (Dakota) are either not transparent about lowered rates but players can see it.

Raid  
- What I don't get is that it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. You can have normal proc rates throughout the event (neither higher on the first few days, nor lower on the later) and just offer higher savage multipliers or better savages; spenders will still have an advantage. This doesn't disrupt balance (savages become useless after raid, player investment in raid teams isn't diminished) and keeps things honest.

Tower
- Rather than have that fight where suddenly the enemy all procs, your team doesn't, and bingo you lose 5 ERK, why not add some variety to the enemies so that merc deaths happen at a steady rate. For instance, you can have the equivalent of a Deadeye Doug or Katie or Shield Spider but just keep the proc rates fixed and honest. This would actually make the most boring event interesting and almost puzzle like, so that players have to mix up  their team comps to get through tower runs.

PvP
- There's also absolutely no need for shenanigans here. Why? Because Dakota has statistics of what teams perform the best in PvP and Dakota chooses the matchup. If you want to level the playing field, give higher ranked players harder matchups... but Proc rates don't need to be touched. Keep fights honest.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptySeptember 30th 2013, 2:50 pm

I agree with you, especially on pvp. Why they play around with proc rates when they already have a perfectly level playing field boggles my mind.

The other ones are obnoxious, and I just wish they were up front about it. All they have to do is put on their event page "All procs reduced by half for the event, but savages still get full proc rates!" and that would be that. It's the trying in vain to be shady about it that pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptySeptember 30th 2013, 4:16 pm

I would be happy if they made a note: "Less proc rate with non-savages" already, even though it still doesn't justify their actions, they would at least be honnest.
Back to top Go down
Loveff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Agree   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptySeptember 30th 2013, 4:32 pm

Fresh-Fil-A wrote:
I would be happy if they made a note: "Less proc rate with non-savages" already, even though it still doesn't justify their actions, they would at least be honnest.
Yes if they create this note, people would consoder buy more salvage packs.

Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptySeptember 30th 2013, 4:44 pm

as I suggested in my comment haha
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptyOctober 2nd 2013, 9:52 am

I cant help myself but i think rates are fine and its only about luck/badluck and personal subjective feelings.
Did any1 try to make systematic table of their fight (lets say at least 100)?
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptyOctober 2nd 2013, 11:41 am

I think Aces did something like that a few towers ago when he first started using the "new" account.

Aces, any insight?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest EmptyOctober 2nd 2013, 11:54 am

A table isn't really needed, those in the top 25 are doing so many fights- literally thousands upon thousands- that when patterns start to emerge you notice them. Like for me, my pattern for all out damage dealt to raid bosses is 8 mil, 8 mil, 14 mil and repeating, with randomly interspersed super highs ~35 mil and super lows ~5 mil that are both pretty rare. This pattern resets on each boss and has a give or take of ~500k damage.

I don't need a table because this is how I have been hitting for 48 hours now, with very very little exception.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proc Rates - keep em honest   Proc Rates - keep em honest Empty

Back to top Go down

Proc Rates - keep em honest
Page 1 of 1