Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who else is close to quitting?

Go down 
+5
iirybackii
Arthainius
tuannaff
legendslayer
MortuoRana
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

Who else is close to quitting? Empty
PostSubject: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 8:50 am

I keept telling my self I'd quit once this game came out on iOS because I don't want to play with pay to play user from blood brothers. It took me months to get together a top of the line tier 1 team and a lethal(marcha, only to have iOS players by pacts and get a team on par with me and a better lethal. NOW Who ever is nowadays decided to bring back not only Marcus but the turret engineer too.

That last most may be the straw that breaks the cammels back, and it could turn my casual playing into not playing at all. Im sure plenty of other players are now VERY vlose to quiting so let put all our complaints togeyhere here so that maybe Marcus will read them and do something. If we stay silent no one will hear us and nothing will change.
Good job Dakota
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 9:13 am

+1 for your thread.

1. Getting lazy and recycling shitty characters
2. Getting lazy and not even putting art in for your new characters
3. Event rewards are worthless while pay-to-win packs are the only way to get the best lethal in the game.
4. Pandering to the iOS crowd at the expense of all others
5. Getting lazy and screwing up release of the Nether Gates event yesteday. How the hell do you accidentally initiate a disaster of those proportions in a production environment?
Back to top Go down
tuannaff
Rare
Rare
tuannaff

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 11:13 am

Quote :
5. Getting lazy and screwing up release of the Nether Gates event yesteday. How the hell do you accidentally initiate a disaster of those proportions in a production environment?

oh, that's new to me. more info plz? Shocked
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 11:58 am

tuannaff wrote:
Quote :

oh, that's new to me. more info plz? Shocked
they started the neither core raid yesterday instead of pvp, but if you went in the neither core the game crashed if you hit an empty space or go the event info
plus it also said there was 3 days left to the event and people had their teams of allies back with ranks and points everything
Back to top Go down
tuannaff
Rare
Rare
tuannaff

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 12:09 pm

lol, sounds like they restore test db but on production db insteads Twisted Evil guess i was sleeping at that time.
Back to top Go down
tuannaff
Rare
Rare
tuannaff

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 12:10 pm

btw, thanks for the info Mort cheers
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 1:07 pm

it was a ios test that should have had an announcement for . COMMUNICATION with the players would imminently resolve almost all problems people have with the game. RE-Releasing content as the exact same artwork will never be a smart decision. Could have easily made 2 min of lore about marcus making a return blah blah with some different artwork and people would have completely different opinion.

Sad I understand new changes are tough but these are very small changes that should have been put in a test group or simulated environment to see its inevitable failure.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 1:07 pm

Putting a shitty Lethal out was exactly the point.

That way, you get the regular Android crowd moaning and groaning so they won't play the event, allowing the iOS crowd to get more traction in the event and get them caught up with us.

My concerns lay elsewhere.

It's been said before how similar this game is to gambling or a slot machine (I forget which analogy was used now) and whoever said it was right. The problem I have with this is that you never know when the house is manipulating said slot machine (i.e. bogus proc rates that seem to occur on streaks higher than 15 or 20, point boosts only occurring at the beginning of low-end streaks so you don't get the higher points without burning through mags or ps, etc.).

Personally, I've always suspected some manipulation occurs and you the conclusion I've arrive at is that you just have to be OK with it and remember it's only a game.

That said, I'm probably not going to spend over $20 on this game per event from here on out. It's just not worth it, especially with the incoming iOS/BB crowd. It may even end my brief stint with mobile gaming altogether. Frankly, it's consuming a lot of aspects of my life that were freed up to do other things.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:05 pm

^ all was well said except for the thing about marcus, hes still my favorite lethal

I'll give Dakota 2 events... if they show no signs of changing i'm done! I have a whole speech prepared and everything.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:12 pm

then why arent you trading me your marcus for 300 res worth of shit
Back to top Go down
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic
Edwardgrc2

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:36 pm

^Mort probably they read your comment or someone else about bringing back Marcus again in a event. Smile. I guess dakota is watching this forum 24/7.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:44 pm

Arthainius wrote:
How is a bad evo golem, a burnfrost, 12 Eve, and 20 ps worth 300 resources?

^i don't understand what you mean edward

Last edited by MortuoRana on April 20th 2013, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic
Edwardgrc2

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:45 pm

^That they brought Marcus back. Thats what im saying.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:48 pm

Oh, if Dakota is watching this forum how come they keep messing up the game?
Back to top Go down
dokesh123
Epic
Epic
dokesh123

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:49 pm

Hey mortuo, what about ur determined aim to rank top 50 without spending any $. Have u done it yet?
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 2:58 pm

Uhmm... best I've done was 36 with the help if zeionhitman in the banshee raid but I can't remember if I dropped some money on that event
Back to top Go down
Ash-PvP
Uncommon
Uncommon
Ash-PvP

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 4:32 pm

I have already quit, they really fucked me off with this stupid event!... not only have they wasted my time and others time.. they greatly devalued Marcus and they also re-released an event rare!?!

it just shows how much they care about there old player base. it also shows how much effort was put into this event =/

rule of thumb never re-release a lethal or event rare.. it should not need any more explanation then that.

Whats next more blood widows??

fuck this game
Back to top Go down
Ash-PvP
Uncommon
Uncommon
Ash-PvP

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 4:35 pm

Oh and 1 more thing i never spent a penny on this game.. top 10 player every PvP event.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 4:51 pm

Holy shit! Some sap (im guessing iOS user) justicia took my PE 8in1 ironsight warlord 50c for 30 ammo cans
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 5:05 pm

legendslayer wrote:
+1 for your thread.

1. Getting lazy and recycling shitty characters
2. Getting lazy and not even putting art in for your new characters
3. Event rewards are worthless while pay-to-win packs are the only way to get the best lethal in the game.
4. Pandering to the iOS crowd at the expense of all others

I try not to be completely negative and only complain, so along with my concerns about the game, I am going to offer suggestions for fixing the above problems.

1. There is already data in the JSON for new epic and lethal characters which I assumed were going to be the event rewards. USe those instead.
2. Upload the right art. Pretty simple fix.
3. Swap them around. Make buyable packs be decent (like Mac Ragged) and the event rewards be the best (like Fista). This will promote more competition will still giving paying players a good character
4. Cater to your core group of gamers, the ones who care about the game. All they want is a better, richer, more balanced game which will inevitably draw in more players who will also profit from your hard work.
5. Communicate with your player base about something as game breaking as the Nether Core iOS test.

Please take these solutions with a grain of salt, and do what you can to salvage this non-optimal situation you've put everyone in. Do the right thing: make Jawbreaker and Dick and Jane your event rewards and watch the ammo sales soar through the roof.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 7:58 pm

MortuoRana wrote:
Arthainius wrote:

OPE GOLEM is bad evolve?

12 eve at 5 res each is 60+20ps+BF 8/100 (120) + OPE GOLEM V2 (100 res) thats what i figured....
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 8:19 pm

Arthainius wrote:
MortuoRana wrote:
Arthainius wrote:

OPE GOLEM is bad evolve?

12 eve at 5 res each is 60+20ps+BF 8/100 (120) + OPE GOLEM V2 (100 res) thats what i figured....

you told me the stats to the golem was

those are not the stats of an OPE golem, the golem i traded you was OPE
I already told you no and I told you what I'd want to get my marcus
So instead of making a big deal about it on a thread next time Pm me
Back to top Go down
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic
Edwardgrc2

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 9:29 pm

Someone took my PE Big Rig v2 for 15 cans. Guess IOS players are buying stuff in the exchange.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 20th 2013, 10:46 pm

i wonder if i could trade off my lacertos for 30 resources a pop...
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 21st 2013, 5:04 pm

Another relatively new annoyance: any time you swap screens for a few seconds to check a text message or something, instead of just instantly swapping back to the same spot you were at, it now takes forever to reload the app from the ground up and boot you back to the home screen.
Back to top Go down
Eros1986
Rare
Rare
Eros1986

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? EmptyApril 21st 2013, 9:43 pm

^+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who else is close to quitting?   Who else is close to quitting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who else is close to quitting?
Page 1 of 1