Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013

Go down 
+7
NastyMrG
legendslayer
ZeionHitman
MortuoRana
liamspencer
bwjoejr
Marcus the Merc
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcus the Merc
Developer
Developer
Marcus the Merc

Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 8:04 pm

Hi All,

First off, I want to thank this community for all of its support over Fatal Frontier's lifetime. The creators and administrators of this forum and the FF Wiki have done a great service supporting the game, and I truly appreciate it.

Now, I know you all have some questions about the game, and the direction it will be headed. So, lets get the most obvious question out of the way: "What is Dakota Interactive?" and "What happened to Gameview Studios?"

Gameview Studios LLC. was a small mobile game development studio, fully owned by DeNA Co. LTD. Its doors have since been closed, and the rights to Fatal Frontier have been taken over by Dakota Interactive. Dakota is not owned by DeNA, but we will continue to use the Mobage social platform.

Dakota Interactive consists of former Gameview employees, including myself. Our goal is to continue running Fatal Frontier, and take it in the direction that we feel is best for the game and its players.

The period of transition between DeNA and Dakota is taking a bit of time, which is why the current Infinity Gates Event was delayed for as long as it was. We are still in the process of working out all of the kinks that are caused as a result of this type of transition, so please excuse us if there are a few delays here and there.

A prime example of this is the next Region Expansion. I'm sure that most of our more hardcore players have completed the 4th Region by now, and are itching for more. Unfortunately, it's going to take a while before we get our art pipelines up and running to the point where we are ready for something like that. But, it will be coming eventually.

We're working our hardest at Dakota to get Fatal Frontier to be the best it can be. We've introduced features like the Nexus to make the Infinity Gates event more interesting. More features are coming - some of which you have been asking for a while now.

Please keep your feedback coming, and make noise when there are bugs that are inhibiting your experience. We notice when our users are unhappy at Dakota, and will do the best we can to make your experience the best we can. We also apologize for any delays regarding Customer Support e-mails. This is also a due the transition between DeNA and Dakota.

Thanks again for all your support.

Yours Truly,
Marcus the Merc
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 8:37 pm

Thank you for the post Marcus.

I am glad to hear that with the closing of Gameview that we did not lose Fatal Frontier. It sucks that they had to close their doors, but I am happy to see where Dakota is going to take the game.

First question I have is: Does Dakota Interactive only have FF right now or is there other games?
Second question : What email for feedback do we use now or is it the same?

That's all I have for now, Smile. We all appreciate the time you take as well as the other FF dev members to post on our forums.
Back to top Go down
liamspencer
Rare
Rare
liamspencer

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 9:58 pm

^echo bwjoe's comments.

Thank you for the communication and your role in such an annoyingly addictive game.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 10:24 pm

Oh ok
I didn't think many people where unhappy at Dakota interactive

Im perfectly fine with waiting a little bit longer between events
it is easier to play it casually and do stuff with friends in real life
not just haunching over a little phone screen trying to play it lol

Oh wait! I don't know if you'd answer it but
I have a lot of friends who use Iphone and see me play this and they wana know
If fatal frontier will ever come out on the apple market?
Back to top Go down
ZeionHitman
ZeionHitman

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 10th 2013, 11:23 pm

Very happy that you posted on this forums marcus! I know you guys will do a good job. Also +1 Bwjoe post.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 11th 2013, 9:25 am

I'm actually excited at the prospect of Dakota taking over. Getting the game out of the hands of DENA is a step in the right direction, as we can all see the writing on the wall with what will happen to FF if they continue to chart the course just by looking at Blood Brothers. I look forward to seeing what cool new features your team brings to the table (hint: more map regions in and of itself won't be a huge draw, but new formation rewards for completing those regions are very anticipated!).

I wish you guys the best of luck in your transition and assumption of duties. We will do our best to grow the community and provide a welcoming atmosphere for new players.
Back to top Go down
NastyMrG
Developer
Developer
NastyMrG

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 12th 2013, 2:27 pm

MortuoRana wrote:
Oh ok
Oh wait! I don't know if you'd answer it but
I have a lot of friends who use Iphone and see me play this and they wana know
If fatal frontier will ever come out on the apple market?

Our official response:
youtube.com/watch?v=yoy4_h7Pb3M

^ (New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.) Sad
Back to top Go down
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 13th 2013, 3:42 am

Best of luck to the Dakota team, Marcus ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fr0stg0d
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 13th 2013, 6:29 am

Hmmm.... worried?
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 13th 2013, 10:56 am

AtomicHermit wrote:

does that mean you're not going with the team? are you a DeNa artist?
Back to top Go down
shariakugan64
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 13th 2013, 1:57 pm

Hey, I can't start up the Fatal Frontier app. I opened it this morning and then it just stopped working. Now every time I try to, it just sends me back to my dashboard. I have tried re-installing and also turned off my phone and turned it back on. I also used the last advice to clear the .ngmoco folder and restarting the app but that was no good either. It says that my SD card is full or not accessible when it is clearly empty. I also already tried reformating it. Please help...
Back to top Go down
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 14th 2013, 4:22 am

Ravendill wrote:
AtomicHermit wrote:

does that mean you're not going with the team? are you a DeNa artist?

Nope, I was the original line artist, before the game was even launched, right upto a few weeks ago. But I am not a part of the new venture. But it will always be special to me, because of the real awesome team. Me, CXB ( he is a real guy, and a fantastic Artist ) and Marcus, were the three guys that started it all.

So thanks a lot you guys, for supporting us and now I hope you guys will continue to support Marcus and his new team. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 1:10 pm

Is that a good or bad thing that you're not part of the team anymore?

Either way, thanks for all the great artwork and amazing things you did for the game.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013   Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fatal Frontier Developer Update 4/10/2013
Page 1 of 1