Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help

Go down 
+3
legendslayer
-Zzz
Lanseal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help Empty
PostSubject: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyDecember 30th 2012, 2:18 am

Dear jedc24,

This forum, quite frankly, looks hideous, and the style could be swapped out for something that is much more functional (larger buttons, the color scheme is red (?) and doesn't match the blue theme of Fatal Frontier, etc.). The red text on black background is also hard on the eyes. The occasional dark blue text on black background is an even greater offense.

Really it just looks like some theme from whatever this Ensidia Gaming is got copy-pasted. It carries no meaning and is inappropriate (perhaps immature too, since red-black styling gives off that 12 year old adolescent feeling).

I understand that whoever made this was probably looking to make a fatal frontier board so that such a place actually existed in the first place, but I can tell you right now that just the look of this place drives off a lot of any people looking for a Fatal Frontier forum because it looks (1) completely unrelated and (2) cheap.

I have experience managing a forum as an admin that averages a few hundreds of visits a day. It's of, ahem, an adult nature, so I am reluctant to share it publicly (I would be willing to PM it). So I'm offering my services here to reorganize and redesign the forum. Naturally that means that I would require admin privileges.

Sincerely,
Lanseal
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyDecember 30th 2012, 3:47 am

And that's also not to mention that the title for the forum home says, "Final Frontier". This isn't Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyDecember 31st 2012, 6:55 pm

I like the idea

Have you tried contacting Jed in game? He doesn't appear to be active anymore
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyDecember 31st 2012, 8:15 pm

If that's the case I'll probably make one once I have the time. That would be some time after Jan. 9 when I have a big test.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 5th 2013, 7:05 pm

Keep us updated on how that works out. It would be nice to have a decent FF forum that we could start advertising properly and bringing the community together with.
Back to top Go down
jedc24
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 9th 2013, 3:41 am

I was at my family's for the holidays. This look is just a basic template. I would change it, but you have to make sig's fr the buttons and stuff too, and I only barely know how to make simple banners, let alone the other things needed. I tried changing that final frontier thing awhile ago, I thought I fixed it, but I guess not. Where exactly did you see it again?
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 9th 2013, 6:58 am

jedc24 wrote:
I was at my family's for the holidays. This look is just a basic template. I would change it, but you have to make sig's fr the buttons and stuff too, and I only barely know how to make simple banners, let alone the other things needed. I tried changing that final frontier thing awhile ago, I thought I fixed it, but I guess not. Where exactly did you see it again?

It's the title for the main page. I'm still asking for admin permissions, since I feel like I could at least find a better template and would probably be more familiar with how things work.
Back to top Go down
jedc24
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 9th 2013, 1:24 pm

This one looks a bit better, except for the black bars after some of the topics. I added you though, so you could check them out if you want.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 9th 2013, 10:27 pm

Just got back from my PCAT (Preliminary 88 Percentile Composite). Now I can start working on other things.

I'm far more familiar with Zetaboards. I'm not too familiar with Userboard.

The new theme makes more sense, but the background harkens to an ugly Atari era, and you still have a typo in the title (Fatall Frontier?)...not paying any attention to detail, are you?

On that note, how do I access the Admin Control Panel?
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 9th 2013, 10:36 pm

Its looking better, keep it up. Wish I could help, but I better with hardware over software.
Back to top Go down
Medinforlife
Rare
Rare
Medinforlife

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 9th 2013, 10:47 pm

Well, I am a media and fine arts major. I can whip up a decent banner when I am home and settled. I have been out of the country for almost a month now. Will be returning soon
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 1:25 am

Medinforlife wrote:
Well, I am a media and fine arts major. I can whip up a decent banner when I am home and settled. I have been out of the country for almost a month now. Will be returning soon

The banner on their Facebook page is already quite good. I would have already replaced it if I knew how to access the Admin CP. As for the background, this, from the wiki, is a million times better than this fake snow powder.
Back to top Go down
jedc24
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 11:10 am

There is an "administrate forum" button down on the bottom of the page. The wiki just shows up with a plain white background on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 8:51 pm

Boom. Took me about an hour to figure everything out. Changed the banner, background, and made a few forum improvements such as more posts per page since page changing is an absolute B.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 8:58 pm

Looks much better

Now how about forum avatars Laughing

But seriously thank you guys for your efforts
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 10:17 pm

-Zzz wrote:
Looks much better

Now how about forum avatars Laughing

But seriously thank you guys for your efforts

You just go to: Profile>Avatar
Back to top Go down
Dukekiwi
Epic
Epic
Dukekiwi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 10:58 pm

how do we get avatars from in game though?
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 11:00 pm

Just added Quick Reply.

For in-game avatars, you'll either have to go to the Wiki, or screenshot your game, then crop the picture and do any additional photo editing that you want. I tried keeping the background of my Sneakie transparent, but it just shows up as an ugly white background instead. So I filled it in with black instead via Magic Wand tool in photoshop.
Back to top Go down
Dukekiwi
Epic
Epic
Dukekiwi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 10th 2013, 11:42 pm

guess this will do 4 now
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 11th 2013, 12:17 am

Yikes that's ugly.

Take this: http://imm.io/SqHN (made in a minute in Pixlr Grabber in Google Chrome)
Back to top Go down
Dukekiwi
Epic
Epic
Dukekiwi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 11th 2013, 12:37 am

much better now i just need to find character i really like
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help EmptyJanuary 11th 2013, 4:30 pm

My paint skills are Ledgend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help   Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Redesign Badly Needed - Offering Help
Page 1 of 1