Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old characters worth this much ??

Go down 
+4
Arthainius
heptathlete
KainHighwind
AtomicHermit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

Old characters worth this much ?? Empty
PostSubject: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 2:12 am

Hello,

This is more of an inquiry and also a surprised observation. ( this may be a rant, so apologies for that)

I rarely play the events, as my current game takes up more of my time and I don't want to leave allies hanging during an event by becoming a Sir-Leech-a-lot.
Despite that, I still collect or finish characters builds that I find interesting.
I posted a V3 Mordeo (OPE) which I had since the beginning, for a V1 Corporate Bouncer. And I got a ton of very interesting and surprisingly generously counter-offers for it.I even had a 25 ammo canister and 15 brain eater offers. Before I could look at those offers, someone took up my offer and gave me a lvl99 trade.

Same for the V3 Bullet Betty that is up for trade for two V1 cyclops. Some ridiculous, but mostly very good offers for such old mercs.

So here are my befuddled questions, how come people are offering me these ridiculous offers for such old cards and are they really worth that much ?
Or is it just a nostalgia thing ?
So by this logic my OPE+ Burnfrost and Siren Madiens must be worth their weight in gold. Or are they paper weights just like my Black and Blue CXBs ?

Curious. Smile
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 7:27 am

People are definitely still hunting Mordeo. He is still one of the best buffers in the game. Heck if I would have saw the trade I would have made an offer too.

Siren and Burnfrost still have value as well. Don't trade them lightly. I am sure some of the more experienced guys can give you a more exact value of what they are worth, but siren is still scary as hell to come across in PvP and Burnfrost still have some of the best raid damage for a Wis based team.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 9:34 am

AtomicHermit wrote:
Hello,

I posted a V3 Mordeo (OPE) which I had since the beginning, for a V1 Corporate Bouncer. And I got a ton of very interesting and surprisingly generously counter-offers for it.I even had a 25 ammo canister and 15 brain eater offers. Before I could look at those offers, someone took up my offer and gave me a lvl99 trade.

Same for the V3 Bullet Betty that is up for trade for two V1 cyclops. Some ridiculous, but mostly very good offers for such old mercs.

So here are my befuddled questions, how come people are offering me these ridiculous offers for such old cards and are they really worth that much ?
Or is it just a nostalgia thing ?
So by this logic my OPE+ Burnfrost and Siren Madiens must be worth their weight in gold. Or are they paper weights just like my Black and Blue CXBs ?

Curious. Smile

Hermit: Yes on all counts. We have some "Bone Collectors" that want to have 1 of everything, some newer players that would be overjoyed to have any of what you mentioned over the detritus that still gets pushed out of the packs, and people that like the graphics of those chicks & the lizard man.

Dang, I wish I had seen your Mordeo, but if you are interested in tossing your Sirens, I'd be happy to send something bright &shiny your way.

PM and we can chat.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 12:42 pm

Mordeo and Golem are still amazing buffs.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 1:11 pm

I would trade for a Siren-the reason is I never got a chance to get one.
Back to top Go down
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 11:22 pm

Thanks guys, it is a bit weird for me that I don't know which mercs are valuable or not. It has been over a year since I left GV. And just for clarification, SM and BF were just inquiries. I have no intention of giving up my mercs just yet. I plan to keep playing till the end ! Smile

I may not be regular, but I have no intention of quitting.  
Also on another note, I am glad Golem is still going strong, he was a pain in the ass to draw and get the colouring right. oh, I am looking for a 1* Cyclops, if anyone has one for trade.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 28th 2014, 8:16 am

Golem is absolutely one of my favorite artworks in the game. Major kudos!
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 28th 2014, 9:09 am

In regards to Mordeo, it's not just nostalgia, it's the fact that his buff remains one of the best. With no new characters coming in to take his place, he is still extremely sought after!

Had I seen your offer up, I wouldv'e taken the enforcer trade without having to think much on it lol
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 29th 2014, 11:54 am

Atomic, I burned through 300 of my bronze and silver cells trying to pull a bouncer to snag that v3 Mordeo with no luck. Someone got a sweet deal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyApril 29th 2014, 7:20 pm

that was very good deal
Back to top Go down
LuffyDMonkey
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyMay 23rd 2014, 10:30 am

You should have post earlier before you trade off your char.
Back to top Go down
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? EmptyMay 23rd 2014, 1:06 pm

Like I said, I had no idea my old characters were worth anything more than nostalgia value. Now I know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old characters worth this much ??   Old characters worth this much ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Old characters worth this much ??
Page 1 of 1