Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Savage Pack results

Go down 
+8
sphynx187
mamoncrief
DaedHead8
Thalstin
heptathlete
iirybackii
Zoar1984
legendslayer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

Savage Pack results Empty
PostSubject: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 11:05 am

I decided to go all out this event and buy savages for my attempt at a lethal. I wanted to document my results for the record to give players an accurate report on what they can reasonably expect when dropping money for savages. Here are my results:

Total Money Spent: $300 USD
Total Savages:
 - Lucent: 6x R1, 6x R2, 0x E3, 0x E4
 - Stallion: 4x R1
Total Ratio: $18.75 per merc, or roughly $50 per E4 savage (R2 + R1 + R1 = E4)

Breakdown by Pack:

• Guaranteed Savage pack (300 mobacoin each): Can only get once, and it gave me a Lucent R2.
  • Circular Packs (4,600 mobacoin per round): I did three rounds. Each time I only got junk other than the guaranteed r1 Stallion at the end. At $46 per round, it comes out to $138 for 3x R1 stallions. Ouch.
  • Savage Pack 11 (3,000 mobacoin each): Did this one once. Got a single R1 Lucent and the rest was junk
  • Savage Pack 18 (5,000 mobacoin each): Did this three times. $150 spent got me 5x R1s, 5x R2s, and an L1 Boom Boxer.
  • Marauder Coins: After purchasing all of the above, I had enough savage coins to buy a single R1 Stallion from the marauder shop with a some left over.

Analysis:
Outfitting your team with savages is not cheap. Even after the two 'free' event savages from points and finishing the 5th zone, I will only have enough mercs to build 6x Lucent E4s and a ghetto evo Stallion E4. Another $50-100 could probably get me enough to snag the last two mercs. Dakota is making an absolute killing on these mostly worthless savage packs that you will just throw away after the event anyway. The price points and merc results are ridiculous and should be reviewed by the BBB imho. Anyway, some players may have better or (gasp) worse results than me, so take it all with a grain of salt. I hope I've shed some light on the subject for those of you thinking about buying savages (or other promotional merc packs) in the future.

Good hunting.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the information-good stuff. Well except for the cost/merc you ended up with...
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 4:03 pm

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous that the E4 Epic savages (7190 ATK) have significantly less attack than the R4 rare savages (7877 ATK) when both have ATK based skills.... whatever Dakota is smoking when they make these decisions, I really want to try some.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 4:32 pm

That's an expensive lesson, legend. I think I preferred my method of just buying my 2 pre-nerfed Fistas and using those to get all the L's I wanted for free.

Ah, the good old days.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 5:05 pm

^^ and how much did those fistas initially cost you ryback?
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 5:08 pm

Thanks for the intel in the game of "packs" legend. Since the event savages have a big multiplier, it's not like you would 8-in-1 them anyway, so $300 for a full squad of savages doesn't sound like lots of cash to go after the top ring. Remember devildriver's accounting from PVP, that way way beyond $300.

Unless you play for free, then any $$ are too many.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 5:15 pm

$250 a piece. Which I made back when I passed them on to _______????? ::insert dramatic music::
Back to top Go down
Thalstin
Rare
Rare
Thalstin

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 5:32 pm

My experience with savage packs have been (and have been buying them since they were introduced) is to always go for the normal savage packs. (Soldiers of the Dome) in this event.

The recently introduced ones with increased lethal+savage chance + marauder coins is for those who want to try also getting lethals on the way and should be prepared to pay more.

With 150-230$ worth of mobacoins depending on your luck, you can get stuff to make 9 E4 savages with normal savage packs which is like 25$ at most for an E4.

And I agree, what an outrageous cost for stallion. Nice skills but getting 8 R1 for a PE means 36800 mobacoins, roughly 350$.

And no guarantee that we won't see it in veteran cells two weeks later, what has Dakota been thinking?
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 5:39 pm

MONEY ... MONEY ... MONEY...

That's what they've been thinking.

@Legend - check PM
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 7:03 pm

Wouldn't Legend save more time and effort just buying $300 worth of AC? The shop says 10 cans + 7 mags for $10. So that would be 300 AC + 210 Mags. Thus perhaps that would only be one copy of the Lethal...
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 8:38 am

Great thread! Good info from both Legend and Thalstin. I'm still probably never going to buy a savage though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 10:00 am

Zoar1984 wrote:
Wouldn't Legend save more time and effort just buying $300 worth of AC?  The shop says 10 cans + 7 mags for $10.  So that would be 300 AC + 210 Mags.  Thus perhaps that would only be one copy of the Lethal...

Sure, but I think his thesis was the "value" of buying the packs and what were his results. If the objective was the Lethal, yes your route is more certain. If it was to get savages for the event, there's only one store in town that sells them - the little "d" saloon.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 2:37 am

Anybody else take the plunge and pony up some real world cash to try their fortune at the roulette wheel, better known as buying packs of savages?

What was your experience?  Better or worse than Legend's?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 4:09 am

I spent:

One trip through the circle pacts- Cost: 4600 mobacoin, Drew: one lucent queen r1, guarenteed stallion

Two of the 18 merc +2ps and 10 mag packs- Cost: 10,000 Mobacoin, Drew: 1 r2 Lucent Queen, 3 r1 Lucent Queen, Junk and more Junk. Seriously, I just discharged about 90% of the mercs I got from this, it was a profound waste of money.

Three of the "Soldiers of the Dome" 10 packs- Cost: 8,100 Mobacoin, Drew: 5 r2 Lucent Queen, 1 r1 Lucent Queen.

Total Cost 22,700 Mobacoin ~ $215

My final Raid Line up

E4 Sav- E4 Sav- E4 Sav- E4 Sav
Leader- Stallion r1- hellcat=golem-Incin

Damage hits around 32 mill all out.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 4:19 am

I would not say 32 mil all out is as you put it "a profound waste of money". Did you have something else that generates that damage which would have saved you the $215?

I'm sure you have a stacked squad even without the savages M.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 5:06 am

actually hellcat is what saves me the extra hundred dollars. If I had seen thalstins suggestion a bit earlier about staying away from the merc + lethal pacts I would have spent even less. But with hellcat in the back row buffing stallion for the all atk buff and the golem to chain to the incin I can deal very high damage without buying all 9 savages. I won't do as much as an all savage team, but it is worth the money savings for me.

When hellcat buffs stallion and golem, incin procs for twice the proc damage of a savage, so essentially I use three spots (hellcat-golem-incin) to make up for 2 savages.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 2:23 pm

So is the appeal of winning the L in the event a variation on the "King of the Mountain" theme?

Why not spend the cash on the res (AC, PS, BE) and just Buy the merc you want? Especially when you are spending the money anyway. Buying the mercs via direct trade removes so much of the "uncertainty" that buying the packs inserts into the process.

I just don't understand the obsession ...  scratch 
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 4:24 pm

On a similar topic of savage packs: Event Cells.

I'm sitting in first place right now, have gotten umpteen hundred coins so far, and just popped the 150 i had after that grueling raid boss slot. Not a single R->E savage yet. Seriously, I think the last time I actually got a non-uncommon savage from event cells was the Wasp/Vulture event. Does anyone else think they removed the R savages from event cells? Or is my luck just horrible?
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 24th 2014, 5:18 pm

Your luck is on par with mine.

Aside from the splicer event when they f-ed up the drop rate, my best luck was a single pair of black arms from CXB event. Better to save them to use post-event.
Back to top Go down
Akkabane
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 3:00 am

i got 2 uc1 out of 60 cells - just enough to build 1 r4 with the two you get for free. In the last events I also was rather unlucky. Never ever got an r1 from an event cell.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 4:09 am

This after noon I used 400 cells.... nothing, nothing, nothing and more nothing.

Not a single R savage, a few UC savages (like 3).
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 8:34 am

Cashed in 200 more event cells this morning as well. I got 2 UC savages and a fug bug or two. Why even bother with them at this point, dakota?
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 10:55 am

^^ which one legend - the UC savage or the fug bug?

Maybe they are anti-nerfing the fug bug ... would be about right from those characters.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 11:05 am

I actually meant why even bother with event coins. If i can cash in well nigh over 1500 and not get a single helpful (or marketable) merc.

The fug bug was the high point of my pack-opening extravaganza!
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 26th 2014, 1:47 pm

High point ???

That's really sad. I guess the silver lining / good thing is now you have a pile of credits to use for XP boosts for the next 6 months ...
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 27th 2014, 10:34 pm

At this point, I have cashed in 130 blood cells with the following results (not counting junk uc's):

- r1 Hissing Fug Bug
- r1 Rogue Assault Mech
- r1 Ironsight Gunsmith
- r1 Ironsight Gunsmith
- r2 Executor
- uc2 Exopriest (savage)
- uc2 Exopriest (savage)
- r4 Exobishop (savage)

Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 28th 2014, 5:48 am

I cashed a couple hundred in and got one of the UC savages. Nothing else I remember...so yeah.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyFebruary 28th 2014, 3:41 pm

The highlight of my cells was a 1 star oathbreaker......best thing I have pulled since the splicer event, and I not just talking about event cells.
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results EmptyMarch 3rd 2014, 1:49 pm

Wasn't for savages, but I've just opened 320 novice packs (which I used to have the best luck with) and received a shocking mutt (discharged) a dual gunner2 (discharged) and a tig2^.

I'm level 162 I believe, and maybe it's just coincidence, but when I was a lower level, I would get much better pulls out of these packs.

I couldn't believe I literally got nothing worth keeping. The tig will stay just because it wasn't a 2^ rare, but it will probly just sit there doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Savage Pack results   Savage Pack results Empty

Back to top Go down

Savage Pack results
Page 1 of 1