Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bugged Mercs - Dev response

Go down 
+9
Arthainius
Zoar1984
d1fferent
KainHighwind
mamoncrief
spanisheyez
Fresh-Fil-A
legendslayer
sphynx187
13 posters
AuthorMessage
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Bugged Mercs - Dev response Empty
PostSubject: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 2nd 2014, 3:56 pm

Below is my email to Dakota followed by their response:

Good afternoon (CST - USA) Fatal Frontier developers.

I have been enjoying Fatal Frontier ever since October of 2012.

Lately I have noticed that a few of the cards don't seem to be operating like they should.

Of particular note are Lilith Serpentine (skill front-row damage appears to be the same as back-row), Bulletstinger V2 (skill does not appear to be 200% of ATK), and Overgrown Colossus V2 (ATK buff does not appear to be working at all).

I understand you are busy with multiple projects and that troubleshooting is somewhat of a headache.

However, if you do see fit to investigate, I would appreciate any insight, explanations, or fixes that come of it.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate the efforts you have invested to make Fatal Frontier a fun gaming experience.

Sincerely,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for speaking up. Skill Issue regarding "Overgrown Colossus V2" mentioned by you is fixed now on "Android version" only. Hopefully you will not encounter any issue on this now. You will find an update on iOS version in a few days.

There is no issue with skills of "Lilith Serpentine" and "Bulletstinger V2" and these are working fine.

Keep enjoying Fatal Frontier.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 2nd 2014, 4:10 pm

Yes, the skills for Lilith and Bullet stinger are 'working', just not working correctly or even as advertised. The amount of negligence that they get away with is astounding. Oh well, trade them off and move on, they will most likely never be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 2nd 2014, 8:20 pm

Indeed. Quite disappointed that they even lie about it, well, not that I expected more of them.
Back to top Go down
spanisheyez
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 3rd 2014, 12:42 am

I have been hearing people say their Bulletstinger is bugged. I have 2 lvl99 Bulletstinger v1s and the skill appears to be working properly for me.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 3rd 2014, 6:29 am

The skill works fine, it's the damage that's incorrect. Appears to be only 100% Modifier in battle while it should be 200%.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 3rd 2014, 9:09 am

right, the E3 is 200%, while the E4 appears to be 100%
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 3rd 2014, 12:47 pm

Just like e3 blue bot still buffs 75% whereas e4 was neutered. Its for raids, they wont be making another incin any time soon, and bulletstingers mod would be almost as strong.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 3rd 2014, 1:05 pm

I sent a similar email to them with damage figures for the Bulletstinger based on the last raid event showing that its ability was more like 150% instead of 200%.......still have not gotten an answer yet.
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 11:40 am

Bloody frustrating, wish I hadn't pumped so much res into getting the stingers made, would of been able to afford my 1st L by now if I didn't get 2 of them..
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 3:31 pm

So does this mean that I should just 50cc my Bulletstinger (PE, 6n1) and call it good? Shouldn't this e3 version do more than the e4 modifier? Man, another merc to add to the "keep it at the e3 level" list because it's nerfed/bugged.
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 6:02 pm

I don't know zoar, anyone tested the dmg difference between them? Actually has numbers?
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 6:59 pm

Last raid I compared numbers with someone and there was such little to no difference between E3 and E4 damage wise IIRC. They are in a thread around here somewhere. Imo, if you are just using it for raid, go with 2 E3s but obviously with any other event the extra stats of the E4 in other areas will be more beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 5th 2014, 11:10 am

so basically if they are working as intended then Lilith should be worth more as she can attack from any position with front line stats...and bullet stinger isn't worth shit? basically sums it up?
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 5th 2014, 11:11 am

and ive tried using two colossus to chain buff and they still hit like my little sister so i dont know if they were truly fixed.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 5th 2014, 1:15 pm

Close, but Lilith hits from any position with BACK ROW stats. As we saw when she was getting out-DPSed in the front row by Keymasters back in the day.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 5th 2014, 2:15 pm

Yeah, keep Lilith in back row and her damage should be fine. Regarding Bullet... meh, one of the biggest fail of devs. And they even tried to get real money for it.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 5th 2014, 9:28 pm

legendslayer wrote:
Close, but Lilith hits from any position with BACK ROW stats. As we saw when she was getting out-DPSed in the front row by Keymasters back in the day.

thats what i mean you get those good stats no matter where you need to put her. nice for teams that use 3+ buffers
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 10:08 am

Three Kings weaken def doesn't work, and (R1s at least) are incredibly weak.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 2:37 pm

Arth: I recent picked up a second Overgrown Colossus myself because I was missing one buffer for raid. I tried one on either side of a Diana, and she hit the same as being buffed by a single Overgrown Colossus. I can confirm that they are actually buffing now, but it seems auras do not stack with other auras.

Guess that means the best way for me to set up my raid squad with the mercs I have is...

Leader - Overgrown Colossus - Prawn - Primarch - Prawn
Bulletstinger - Overgrown Colossus - Prawn - Primarch - Bulletstinger
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 18th 2014, 7:50 am

Can anyone explain me the mechanics behind effect? I have pope burnfrost and one weaker but still with 16.2k WIS. When both receive buff from same tigrey, the pope BF hits for over 200k damage but the other one for only about 120k when insanity procs. How can 700 difference in wis cause almos 2x higher ability damage?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 18th 2014, 6:57 pm

PvP stat modifier + all out x5 stats on raid boss?
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 19th 2014, 6:58 am

mamoncrief wrote:
PvP stat modifier + all out x5 stats on raid boss?
It happened in the very same battle. So this cannot exaplin it. But i've done more tests and found it it was not matter of stats but position. Still I have no clue what is wrong:
Im running W formation, lets define W as : 1\2/3\4/5 where 1,3,5 are front liners.
The conclusion from my 'research' is that merc in position 1 is not doing the same damage as merc in position 5 (he does quite a lot lower damage). Is it just me?
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 19th 2014, 3:36 pm

JoDaHo74 wrote:
Three Kings weaken def doesn't work, and (R1s at least) are incredibly weak.

Kings multiple hit on it's second skill doesn't appear to work on the bosses either. Unless that "feature" only works on normal toons and not bosses.

Argh!
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 20th 2014, 12:06 pm

caya, noticed that before as well. While I was leveling my 2 F-9 MARK 3's up to lvl 99, I could see that my F-9 MARK 3 in position 5 hits for ~5k more damage than my position 1, even though I was running W-formation. If it was like 1k damage, I'd understand, but this is a big difference.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 20th 2014, 12:42 pm

Fresh: sure it's beyond the range limits? Most forget that the multipliers have a variance (e.g. 100% - 200%, or other ranges). Could be an acceptable window if one goes off at 110% and the other is 190%.

Might need to revisit the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 20th 2014, 2:01 pm

Both hit the mid lane of opposit team, same merc ( was leveling them, playing vs. those Bug suckers ) so my numbers are correct.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 20th 2014, 2:15 pm

So then, is a variance of 5000 points within the range for the skill on the merc? And are they the same level (e.g. both level 37, or two different levels)?
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 20th 2014, 2:26 pm

It cannot be variance because its always like that. At least in my case. Merc in first position from left hits for much much lower compared to middle one and the one on right. I wonder if more people experience this for W formation.
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 21st 2014, 11:00 am

Common for dmg to be 5-10k different...watch multi hitters vs raid boss. Take incin for example....on 1x ammo, depending on buffs, incin proc can be anywhere bt 40-60k dmg per hit.
Back to top Go down
markmolina777
Rare
Rare
markmolina777

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 21st 2014, 5:05 pm

thats the way it is ur damage goes up from left to right ur mercs on the left will hit for less then middle and right the only difference in W form is the middle merc can be double buffed
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 21st 2014, 6:00 pm

markmolina777 wrote:
thats the way it is ur damage goes up from left to right ur mercs on the left will hit for less then middle and right the only difference in W form is the middle merc can be double buffed
Aha, so its not a bug but a feature of the game. Should have been written somewhere though. And quite stupid too imho. Is it like that for every formation?
Back to top Go down
markmolina777
Rare
Rare
markmolina777

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 21st 2014, 7:28 pm

yes it is caya ur mercs will hit like that no matter the formation
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 9:15 am

Ive been experimenting by swapping kennedy and titanfist bt pos 1&5 in W buffed by 14k wis primarch and i must agree. Pos 5 hits for more dmg than pos 1
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 9:20 am

That is the first I have ever heard of that. So if that is the case then my raid formation should be this...

Bulletstinger - Primarch - Prawn - Overgrown - Leader
Bulletstinger - Primarch - Prawn - Golem - Prawn

as opposed to....

Leader - Overgrown - Prawn - Primarch - Bulletstinger
Prawn - Golem - Prawn - Primarch - Bulletstinger

I have been keeping the Bulletstingers on the end so that if the weaken procs on their last hit, my leader or the Prawn gets a big hit. But if the left to right thing is true, then I suppose I should have my high damage dealers all the way to the right?
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 10:13 am

I used stingers same way but what happens to bleed or poison damage if stinger skill works? The diff between top left and top right is ~5k on 1x vs raid boss. I would wxperiment... you will prolly notice that it doesnt make too much diff in overall dmg to boss....
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 10:34 am

KainHighwind wrote:
That is the first I have ever heard of that. So if that is the case then my raid formation should be this...

Bulletstinger - Primarch - Prawn - Overgrown - Leader
Bulletstinger - Primarch - Prawn - Golem - Prawn

as opposed to....

Leader - Overgrown - Prawn - Primarch - Bulletstinger
Prawn - Golem - Prawn - Primarch - Bulletstinger

I have been keeping the Bulletstingers on the end so that if the weaken procs on their last hit, my leader or the Prawn gets a big hit. But if the left to right thing is true, then I suppose I should have my high damage dealers all the way to the right?

So, why not have all the Prawns in the front buffed by the Primarchs, and the Golem between the Bullets? One of the fixes was that similar skills finally stack and don't strip others off, correct (bleed, poison, weaken, burn, etc)?

Prawn - Primarch - Prawn - Primarch - Prawn
Bulletstinger - Golem - Bulletstinger - Overgrown - Leader

Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 11:10 am

Yes, every debuff now stacks, but that is not what I am trying to get around. The reason I was saying put the Bulletstingers to the far left is because of the whole left does less damage than middle and right. Since the Prawns put out more damage (and have a higher modifier since bulletstinger is broken), shouldn't they prioritize the far right postitions? I had the Golem between Prawns because it buffs slightly more than my pack Primarchs, but not all that much so he would probably be better to put with the Bulletstinger to benefit more from a weaken proc.

Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response EmptyJanuary 22nd 2014, 11:44 am

OK, but the buff from the Colossus goes away when he goes down, so why not put him where I suggest or between the Bullets, since they are the step-children in your setup?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugged Mercs - Dev response   Bugged Mercs - Dev response Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugged Mercs - Dev response
Page 1 of 1