Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overpaying for mercs?

Go down 
+5
Arthainius
legendslayer
dohnson69
Fresh-Fil-A
bspervy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bspervy
Rare
Rare

Overpaying for mercs? Empty
PostSubject: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 3:13 am

Seeing a Blood Widow Queen on X for about 100 res for some days now and as I am tempted like 10 times a day to maybe buy it I was wondering if anyone else feels like overpaying for a merc just because of the art or because you like it for whatever reason.
And if though what were the reasons when you were willing to do so and what merc could lead you in temptation?
Could easily get a POPE F9 for what is asked for the Blood Widow Queen which (at least in my opinion) by far outshines her. Still I am hovering over the “Accept Offer” button several times a day thinking shes still solid and while she has some flaws compared to newer mercs she's so much cooler. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 4:33 am

When FF drops the nerf-o-hammer again, she'll be worth a lot. Untill then the only thing you're buying is a 3 res merc ( same skill, lesser stats, forgot name ). If you're rich enoug, sure, if you're saving for something you should let it go. Smile
Back to top Go down
dohnson69
Rare
Rare
dohnson69

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 8:30 am

I wouldn't pay that for her. Way overpriced!
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 8:35 am

For us old timers, she represents an era of the game where the developer could be trusted, the players were friendly, and she was undisputed Queen of the game for a long long time. More of a trophy merc than one you would actually use, especially if you can afford her.
Back to top Go down
dohnson69
Rare
Rare
dohnson69

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 9:12 am

True . guess I'm just not that old. At least to the game lol
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 12:01 pm

I remember it was like who had the most bwq hellcat or Santa wins
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 12:03 pm

Marcus the merc was so nasty when he came out. Titanfist is worth 3x what he was on first day of sales
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 12:42 pm

lol time to start a "reminiscing" thread

Anway, back on topic, if you really must have her, try counter offer him 50. See if it goes. As far as play goes, you are getting a beefed up mecha horde, which as was already mentioned, sells for about 4 res for a PE. She is pretty much has no use at all in a squad in the current meta, so is purely a trophy piece. So if you got the res to blow, and want to own an artifact, then it's your call.
Back to top Go down
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 1:41 pm

Tried 60 and got her almost immediately. Waaaay overpriced but still worth it. Wink
Looks a bit "meh" in the middle of my POPE F9/Archangel but still i will run her for at least one pvp event.

13818 agi is 661 higher than wiki, guess that means shes a solid build as well.
Broke now but happy. ;p

Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 1:48 pm

Run her next to an Incomplete CXB-2000U (E3) for a decent agi boost (the mod on an E3 is 37.5% vs 25% for an E4 version) and when she procs anything without a DEF buff will be hurting!

I need to get my hands on a Jackson or two so I can bring back the good ole days of 3x BWQ surrounding 2x Jacksons.... ahhh, the good ole days. Of course 13.8k AGI is fairly slow by current merc standards, but the Jackson agi buff should help a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 2:46 pm

^ E3 only buffs Self & Adjacent though.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 3:40 pm

^ only reason I don't have e3
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 3:40 pm

Actually I think blue vulture ope is still better
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 3:46 pm

Too bad there are only a handfull out there, don't think many people felt like leveling all Uncommon v1's and leveling them into a good evo.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 3:49 pm

Arthainius wrote:
Actually I think blue vulture ope is still better

You mean WASP?
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 3:58 pm

Speaking of Blue Wasp (and sorry this is off topic), does anyone know the her PE stats? I can't seem to find her on the wiki.
Back to top Go down
dohnson69
Rare
Rare
dohnson69

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 4:03 pm

Around 8600 I believe 91some for pope
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 4:41 pm

Mines 8963 wis I believe. And its a wasp. 40% mod.....I don't even even use it lol
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 4:42 pm

But to me its worth 50+ being that its 4k+ agi/def
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:04 am

Cannonback & Canis led me down the road, & the Blue Bot finished the job (right before the great nerfing). Would have likely done it for F9, but I was already deep into Archie.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 12:55 pm

Guess I killed another thread ... So nobody else have overpaid for anything?

REALLY?!?!!! Not even the stuff I sold you? heheheh. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 1:33 pm

Master of overpriced mercs: Arthanius. He'll offer 300 res for a Golem and try to sell it for 450, haha.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 2:19 pm

It works for him. Have you seen his line up lately?  cheers 
Back to top Go down
paintballer58
Epic
Epic
paintballer58

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 2:52 pm

legendslayer wrote:
For us old timers, she represents an era of the game where the developer could be trusted, the players were friendly, and she was undisputed Queen of the game for a long long time. More of a trophy merc than one you would actually use, especially if you can afford her.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:16 pm

i just traded an odin for katy kong v2 im wondering if i made good choice
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:20 pm

If you regret it, I'll trade my odin for the katie to cover it up Smile

Or if you ever decide to get rid of her, hit me up, because she is one of the few that I have wanted but never been able to track down. I think a lot of her copies got lost in the retired player purgatory.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:26 pm

ya shes is hardly ever seen. next to hc shes obvious proc win but do i want to sacrifice the ability to turtle . gues i could turtle one side then rampage the other. Helio V2-Katie Kong V2-HC-MORD-Canis ?
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:28 pm

the fact alone that mamon wants it almost at the very instant i post about it makes me now know it was good trade lmao
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? EmptyDecember 12th 2013, 3:29 pm

oh hah i didn't see how long it had been, I was doing my rounds lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overpaying for mercs?   Overpaying for mercs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Overpaying for mercs?
Page 1 of 1