Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

evoing mercs

Go down 
+3
Fresh-Fil-A
mamoncrief
souperbean
7 posters
AuthorMessage
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 2:31 pm

How do you all choose which characters to keep and which ones to sell off.

I've got 6 green snots, will have about 4 Dianna's and 8 fiery guys.

any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 2:40 pm

To level or not to level, that is the question.

It always boils down to time over gain.

99% of the time if you just want gain, it is better to sell them as r1's. For instance, people were spending 25 x 8 = 200 res for one pe F9. They will NEVER sell for that much, so even though it's still a 100 res merc they are losing almost 50% of their investment.

Even if a event R is only worth 1 or 2 res it's still better to sell it as an R than build it and try and try and sell the epic for 16. I did that with gyro, and I have yet to sell my POPE gyro for 20 res, even though I have it up almost constantly.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:08 pm

Fiery guys won't sell for a whole lot since it's a boss that EVERYBODY can capture for 1 BE each or, with some luck, for a Mind Eraser like I did. I don't see this merc going for more than 1/2 AC each, since the A4z Bull Drone is much better in Raid etc. than this guy will ever be ( and A4z Bull Drone goes for 1/2 AC each ). The event rare is a mini-Battlemaster though which might be worth something. It has a lower modifier but has ~same stats as Cannonback Battlemaster. Great mid-tier merc and might still be usefull as backrow for higher tier players.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:47 pm

Yup essentially the point of my longwinded meandering post is that if a merc is something you will use, build it. If you want to make some scratch off of it, then don't.

Or you could be obsessive compulsive like me and build everything and become a huge hoarder haha
Back to top Go down
fozziev
Rare
Rare
fozziev

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:48 pm

I resemble that remark mamon...hence why im running out of resources lol
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:50 pm

Haha don't follow me down the path to the dark side! in the end you just have piles of silly mercs that no one wants hahaha
Back to top Go down
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 12:29 am

Thanks guys. I've been kinda hording also. Thinking it new so I must have it. So in your opinions though snot vs Diana. Either one better to make PE? I already have a cannonback and 2 gyros for backup (kinda). I thought the lucion would be nice because of the 5 random wisdom hits. Would you say it's better than a televangelist? I also have 2 F-9's. Anyone see any holes?
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 1:27 am

F-9 MARK will obv do better than Tele, multiplier of F-9 is higher on a very high AGI which will make you go before most other mercs, only faster mercs are Daddy LongGuns etc. Also the Lower ATK on Ally Death is very usefull. Lucion probably doesn't kill on each hit like F-9 does so you should just try switching them a bit, see what the best combo is.

Grtz
Fresh
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 2:16 am

Depends on what type of event we are talking and the sort of squad setup you are thinking of. Also, are all the mercs going to be unbuffed?

Eg. F9 will be way better than a Tele on the middle row, but if you want to hide the Tele on the back row, the Tele would probably do better then the F9.

Lucion has a higher damage % but spread across more hits vs a Tele. If you were to buff a Lucion so it is a 1 hit KO, it would definitely be better than a buffed Tele. But, if your Tele was doing 1 hit KOs unbuffed, then the Tele would end up being the better choice without buffs. Also more hits means more dmg lost to the def of the opposing mercs.
Back to top Go down
dohnson69
Rare
Rare
dohnson69

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:37 am

I built a pope wis and agi lucion thinking it was going to be a great wise merc but it doesn't kill anything. Just a little damage and doesn't always hit five, sometimes 4 or 3. So I sold it asap so I could get a decent amount. But like mammon I tend to build everything I get and then usually end up not getting much for it or not being able to trade it at all.
Back to top Go down
bspervy
Rare
Rare

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:52 am

I usually build with 200 crystals if i think it's a useful merc for me (e.g. Rail Gun Rider) and i don't plan to sell, 400 crystals if i think it will be a top tier merc over the long run (e.g. F9). 8 x 1 without crystals for most tower bosses (maybe adding some shards here and there) for collecting purposes and sell everything else asap without leveling or evolving it. Works for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

evoing mercs Empty
PostSubject: Re: evoing mercs   evoing mercs Empty

Back to top Go down

evoing mercs
Page 1 of 1