Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PvP Squad Discussion

Go down 
+23
Nivaiq
tuannaff
Marcus the Merc
edluv1
sphynx187
zombiedave2010
coronach
iirybackii
Edwardgrc2
MortuoRana
mmllaneza
socrates
Jett-Lagg
BLUEKNIGHTMARE
TurboTalon
Dukekiwi
valorsoul
Aosterstrand
-Zzz
Mudflap
smirch0
ZeionHitman
legendslayer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 1st 2013, 2:04 pm

The blue buff stacks, and the def buff is decent. Two or more blue bot procs will absolutely kill any chance of any ATK based fams doing damage to you (as long as they dont have a buffer like Mordeo or Golem). So keeping two or more blues in your lineup is a good choice for easy wins if you come up against a team like that.

For WIS based procs, they aren't so great. I had 3 blue procs, giving me an extra 30k def. Auto-attacks were pathetic, hitting for only 500 front-to-front. However, a siren proc still did 16k damage to my whole team, wiping me out. Down from 24k+ but still deadly. Similarly, a Burnfrost proc was still hitting for 14-17k damage. So, apparently DEF only affects WIS based skills up to a certain point. When facing the upper tier teams, you are better off keeping only 1 or 2 bots in for the AGI buff alone, and not relying on the DEF buff to make you unkillable.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 13th 2013, 8:15 pm

More of my ramblings if anyone cares...

I've been testing out Hanzo in PvP for the past couple days, and I think I found a decent niche for him. I've been wanting to trade him away for a Jackson for better team synergy, but perhaps he isn't as bad as I first thought. My current lineup is Bluebot - Golem - Golem - Golem - Hanzo v2 in M formation. Hanzo's skills are very hard hitting if they proc, so putting him in the back row makes sense as they still 1-shot anything they hit. His attack is great, but he cant 1-hit anything from the back with an autoattack. Putting him next to a golem fixes this, as with the golem buff he can 1-shot most anything front and middle with an autoattack. Finally, putting him in the back row increases his survivability and chance to proc a skill.

If the other team doesn't have an agility buffer, my blue bot gives me a 70% chance to get 9 hits/procs in before the other team even gets to move. It's pretty much an auto-win against anything that doesnt have a Fista or Jackson.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 14th 2013, 12:01 am

Good for you legend. It's rather hard to make a team that can 1 hit KO even when your character doesn't use its skill.

I rather like the team I was finally able to put together although its very different from the one I originallyhad planned out.
My current team is incinerator-mordeo-marcus-2000u-sam(13590 agi)
And is Extremely effect when both my mordeo and 2000u buff

My original plan was to build a team incin-mordeo-golem-mordeo-incin
But I could get enough blazes so I switched it to icin-mordeo-golem-mordeo-turret
Then I got an offer of a Marcus and 2 OPE burnfrost for my golem so I took it so my team then changed to
icin-mordeo-marcus-2000u-burnfrost (rather not say what I traded my turret for)
Then just Friday I got my 13590 agi Sam for 20 powershots (not sure if it was a good deal lol)

And now im ready for pvp
after the testing I've done with my team I've decided I can measly go 21 win streak single shot with my ATK/AGI hybrid team

Plus I never finished off my other mordeo so I have lacertos to trade 1:1 for its agi equivalent or 2:1 for the agi equivalent to golem

Oh my God this is long...
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 9:07 am

Ya that's a pretty solid team with good synergies for both ATK and AGI. It should destroy anything but top-ranked teams.

Nice snag getting marcus + 2 BF for a golem too.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 10:09 am

Actually I just went through a 30 win streak with out going AO
of course I avoided the 2000u-golem-clauss-golem-2000u teams
But other than that there was a lot of incomplete teams and really bad teams when I was being pared up with at 30 wins
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 11:39 am

I've gone two 30 streaks in a row now using only single shot. Has to be a personal best for me.

Running an AGI-based Mixed 5 formation with:

2000U - 2000A - Mista Fista L1 - Hanzo L1 - Deadeye Doug L1 (Just leveling him up for now)

DD really plays no current role in winning for me, but I'm not sure who I should put in his place once he's a 99'er. Choices are:

a. 2000H (he's pretty under-utilized by a lot of people, but when he procs and lowers the opponent's defense, he makes the chance of a 1-hit victory very likely, especially when you have Fista and Hanzo.

b. Another 2000U (let's face it, we all feel that 70% proc rate can feel a bit low sometimes so another would hopefully guarantee at least one of them going off)

c. Mecha Horde (nothing special, but an AGI-based 6-hitter could make sense (low HP though makes him low on the list of choices)

d. Incinerate ("I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter..." [am I the only one who gets that old Prodigy song stuck in their head when he procs?]. Strong HP and a decent AGI makes him a pretty good survivor.

e. Burnfrost (she's WIS-based, but always seems to proc for some reason. Sometimes more so than my 70% guys)

f. Maybe just another 2000A (like Mecha Horde, kinda boring)

g. Mammoth or Spectre. Just because I want to troll a little. clown
Back to top Go down
coronach
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 12:35 pm

Now there is no need to think about PVP, sorry but after some improvement PVP is soooo boring.
Just hit 3rd 30 streak in a row, without even one challenging opponent, didn't hit even one opponent with L's. It destroys all my motivation to improve squad, to get better merc.

First streak Sir - UM - Blue - Inc - Burn
Second one Sir - Blue - Inc - Blue - Burn
Third streak Sir - Blue - Inc - Yellow - Burn

Week ago I have some satisfaction when I defeated better squad, I had to combine mercs, mix with reserve to suit better actual opponent. Now it doesn't matter... Just pick first and attack. I just can't meet descent opponent, so for me it changed to worse.

Without threat of defeat it makes no sense, especially my squad is far beyond "top" teams

Oh, and my auxilary/storage account with amazing squad of: RAM - Blue - 100A - Cold v2 - RAM, just hit second 30 win streak in a row...
Back to top Go down
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 12:47 pm

Im in same boat mate, I have a L in my team and the hardest team I came across in a 30 streak was a um-mord-um-golem-um. Everyone had very low fams all the time so it was a breeze, if it stays like that the next event will b a walk over!
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 12:53 pm

You should give me one of your Fistas then, Dave; make it a little more challenging for you. tongue
Back to top Go down
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 12:54 pm

Got rid of him ages ago its still too easy Wink
Back to top Go down
coronach
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 12:58 pm

zombiedave2010 wrote:
... if it stays like that the next event will b a walk over!

Yeah, for everyone with every crappy team....
Back to top Go down
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 1:01 pm

Yeh it will just be another 'who has the most ammo/money' competition
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 1:19 pm

I can't find any challenging teams either. I'm trying to test out different chars and formations but all I keep getting is horrible horrible teams. I think I saw an L once in the last two days. Looks like they may have tweaked the matchup algorithm to turn PVP Events into Tower Events That Use Ammo. If no one ever loses in pvp any more, then more players will be tempted to spend $$ to buy ammo cans to compete for top 20. At that point it becomes a giant grindfest with no strategy or swapping or tactical team choices and sucks all the fun out of it.

Will have to wait and see if it holds true, but if PvP has become just another tower with cans, it may very well be the last straw for me and this game (albeit a very big straw).
Back to top Go down
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 1:29 pm

+1 to that bud
Back to top Go down
TurboTalon
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 1:51 pm

I think it's good they're at least trying to fix PvP. Last event it was almost impossible to get "fair" match ups. I think they also are trying to fix it so that people like Ash can't open a new account and kill all the newbs using a 3 man team of L's.

I hope it gets a LITTLE more challenging but definitely not back to how it was before!
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 2:00 pm

^This is way worse than it was before. If they can't implement a nice linear matchup system they need to at least revert it back to they way it was. I have 'faith' that they wouldn't start a pvp event with the current matchmaking system tho so they are probably tweaking it

The combo of pact L's and easy pvp matchups make this game pretty pointless
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 3:35 pm

It is way too easy now. My previous personal best was a 15 win streak. Fight 16 usually had 3 top tier teams (zzz, medinforlife, etc.) and I died crying like a baby.

But, I knew how strong my team was compared to the competition. I have 2-30 streaks now, and it is not nearly as fun or anxiety inducing.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 4:39 pm

nope, just farming ammo now.... hopefully they'll kick it up once the pvp event starts
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare
edluv1

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 8:59 pm

I haven't lost since the last PvP event and I am leveling two eves or keymasters in my squad at a time. If this turns into a PvP tower I'm done with this stupid cell game
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 9:24 pm

yea.. if it just turn into a
"lets see who's gonna spend the most money"
im done too, but i'll probably give my account to my friend
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Merc
Developer
Developer
Marcus the Merc

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 10:24 pm

The PvP logic isn't final. We're tweaking it for the best user experience, not as a cash grab.

-Marcus
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2013, 10:49 pm

Thanks for the input Marcus Very Happy i didn't mean to offend with what I said if, if I did
Back to top Go down
tuannaff
Rare
Rare
tuannaff

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 5:41 am

oh, so that's how i got 3 30-streaks in last 2 days. well, it does make the pvp kinda boring, but meanwhile it also gime me good recovering times Very Happy

not much to complain about it, until they start the pvp event
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 8:25 am

Marcus the Merc wrote:
The PvP logic isn't final. We're tweaking it for the best user experience, not as a cash grab.

-Marcus

Thanks for the update, Marcus. I was holding out final judgement because I know you mentioned playing with the algorithm previously. The matchups are fine for early streaks, but should probably match up more closely with your squad power and/or your pvp title after you hit streak 12 or higher. I was still getting squads missing a member or sporting weak rares all the way through my 30 streak. Just my 2 cents from my 4 solid days of pvping.

I'll try and lurk in the Wiki chat this afternoon in case anyone wants to discuss findings and feedback in more detail.

Also, while you are tweaking, PLEASE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CREDIT PILES ON EMPTY TILES! I can never seem to find pvp because there are so many wasted tiles with credits on them.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 2:20 pm

legendslayer wrote:
Marcus the Merc wrote:

-Marcus

Also, while you are tweaking, PLEASE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CREDIT PILES ON EMPTY TILES! I can never seem to find pvp because there are so many wasted tiles with credits on them.

Huge, huge +1 on this.

Hitting these tiles with tiny credit amounts is pointless, even to noobs just starting out. You should just reward them at the end through caches.

That said, if you're insisting upon having them, don't place them on all the levels, just the lower levels so the rookies who still need them can find them in the easier, earlier levels. Leave the higher levels empty.

I've only been playing since the end of February and I have 3 million credits so I can only imagine how many guys who have been playing longer must have. I certainly don't need anymore (unless you're going to come up with some kind of credit conversion system that will allow the purchase of rez through credits; wishful thinking, I know).
Back to top Go down
Nivaiq
Rare
Rare
Nivaiq

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 2:44 pm

I have a lot of credits. Enough to buy a rocket, blast to a new planet and perhaps buy a chalet.

I was matched up with bossHustler on my 13th streak. Eek moment. But overall the match ups have been ok. I hit 30 streaks and I'm not complaining lol. Towards the end I saw a mixture of Um, golem, incinerate, the odd lethal and widow. Pretty fair considering my team is quite similar minus any lethals Sad . Makes a change from fighting top tier teams at 6th streak and getting floored that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
dokesh123
Epic
Epic
dokesh123

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 3:11 pm

U people... Stop complaining n farm up ammo as much as u can before they put the 6th streak lethal match up again
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare
edluv1

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 4:38 pm

Who wants to grind PvP? This makes obtaining stronger teams meaningless. Don't get me wrong, I like crushing opponents and laughing when they try to go all out, but you don't need an pe siren to beat team with a single crap eco ultra mutant.

I finally had a shot at a lethal this pvp, I placed 33 at the blaze event and didn't have internet access 3 days.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2013, 5:03 pm

dokesh123 wrote:
U people... Stop complaining n farm up ammo as much as u can before they put the 6th streak lethal match up again
That's what I've been doing, im up 230 mags since the last pvp event Very Happy and i have plenty of macro cells to level up skills
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 17th 2013, 1:47 pm

It looks like today's fix has adjusted the pvp matchmaking to facilitate more difficult (or closer matched) battles. After the patch I have not seen nearly as many weak rares or NO TITLE opponents. Will do my best to test and take notes of the overall feel and matchups.

Another change in today's patch is that all buff/debuff skills are now 70% max proc rate. This makes these characters even more useful, and I suspect we will start seeing more of them on teams.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 17th 2013, 3:23 pm

So my PE giga-primarch is actually worth something now?

And mordeo is now cool once again.
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare
edluv1

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 17th 2013, 6:44 pm

That's why my golem buffed every match... Brings the bots back down a nnotch, but should make some interesting battles.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 17th 2013, 11:43 pm

sphynx187 wrote:
And mordeo is now cool once again.
Screw that noise the mordeo has always been cool
Just cause its not some God like 2 move Titan of frozen water dosent mean he's not useful

But does this also mean their buff went down from 100% wis to 70% wis
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 17th 2013, 11:45 pm

it's still at 100% wis for buffs besides the cxb series
Back to top Go down
MarcoDoess
Rare
Rare
MarcoDoess

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 18th 2013, 4:25 am

When does the event start FFS? screw that "soon" i would like to know the exact time!
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 18th 2013, 9:00 am

MortuoRana wrote:
Screw that noise the mordeo has always been cool

Yours may have been, but my idiotic 4in1 and lost utility in my A team after he could be replaced with fams that did more damage.

That being said, my 4in1 God of frozen water is great, I just wish I had made a 6in1 and not traded away my "extra" 2 bots.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 18th 2013, 9:06 am

I ran into a team last night with Blue Bot - Fista - Fista - Fista - Blue Bot. Needless to say I passed on that one, but that's a pretty scary team. Right up there with bossHustler and his 3x Fista, 2x Jackson squad of death.

I'm seeing a lot more buffers in high end teams now. Even slow characters can move before your foe if they get agi buffed, so it opens up a lot of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
markmolina777
Rare
Rare
markmolina777

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 19th 2013, 1:22 am

this is some of what i seen in pvp ive been running siren mord odin um incin um i got to say from lvl 21 up in streak odins saved my butt and sirens covered him taking out 2 lethal squads my pe incin didnt want to proc so i tried ope burnfrost she didnt proc so now im going siren mord odin um um and no problems procin ran the streak to 30... um teams runnin with that new guy with decap hes garbage he died before he procced every team with a sam i ran through they didnt proc.. umm the upper tiers running blue bots i think agi build is better i won those fights.. siren procd 4 times from 24-30 so shes a must if u dont have lethals and this was all single shot fights.. every team that had a eve she didnt do anything so i hoped this has helped a little pm if anything
Back to top Go down
markmolina777
Rare
Rare
markmolina777

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 19th 2013, 1:29 am

i understand i said agi build is better and that blue bot procs agi and def but i still think hes a liability thats why i chose to run mord instead of him and mord for me procd everytime
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 19th 2013, 8:53 am

Now that Mord procs 70%, he's much more reliable. Before, the 70% proc rate of blue bot was far superior.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 19th 2013, 8:56 am

That's why I run both mordeo and 2000u in an Atk/Agi hybrid team, although if neither buff then im.in trouble and can only hope my incinerator or Marcus use their skill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP Squad Discussion   PvP Squad Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PvP Squad Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2