Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone Still Play WoW???

Go down 
+3
lginn2003
Arthainius
Ravendill
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

Anyone Still Play WoW??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 10:03 am

Like the title says...I know there are many ex-WoW players on this forum, but are there any that still play?

I used to raid pretty hardcore for about 2-3 years...started like a month before BC came out. Raided hardcore up until Cataclysm came out. I was a pretty mean Troll Hunter for the first couple of years, then transferred to play with a RL buddy and became a Dwarf Hunter.

I enjoyed my times end-game raiding, but just got too busy and couldn't get back into it once I fell behind too much by not playing Cata and MoP.

Anybody still out there playing and enjoying the new expansions?
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 10:16 am

They lost 14 % of player base last quarter. Its a dieing game.
Back to top Go down
lginn2003
Rare
Rare
lginn2003

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 12:39 pm

I use to play a orc hunter in bc and cata, but when mop came out i stopped playing halfway as WOW consumed to much time, and I do not have time anymore. College is more important.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 12:54 pm

I am sad to see WoW go out the way it did. It was a titan, standing for everything an MMO should be in a time of crappy grindfests, shallow quest spams, pointless wandering, and getting slaughtered by horribly animated pixelated scorpions.

I wish that the age of big budget quality subscription MMOs was not already at a close, but money from micro transaction games is just too lucrative for a company to ever consider putting out a subscription game again, and hope to get even remotely close to the same sort of following that WoW had.

There are days when I honestly consider renewing my accont, or starting a new one all over from square one and play again. But with a wife and baby on the way, I just have to come to terms with the fact that the age of WoW, like the age of good alternative rock, has past.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 1:37 pm

I have a whole bunch (like over 10) of 60 day prepaid time cards that I have left from when I stopped playing that I never got to use. If you want one, let me know and we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 2:05 pm

Nah, it's not a money issue, it's a time issue. I don't know how to play a game like WoW casually. I'd start new character, and the next thing I'd know it would have been 4 days without sleep living off of mountain dew and cheap pizze, and I'd be at the level cap in a ranked raiding guild crushing end game content.

My wife wouldn't know what hit her haha.

Back in he day I claimed dozens of realm firsts and narrowly missed out on a few us and world firsts. I think it is better i just stick with Fatal Frontier for now Smile
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 3:19 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 5:52 pm

Trading wow time lol. Give ya 30 PS for 60 days worth lol
Back to top Go down
lginn2003
Rare
Rare
lginn2003

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 9:30 pm

I agree wow takes up a lot of time with taking 4 to 6 classes each semester in college it hard to devote time to wow. So I moved to league of legend but still takes a lot of time in that game as well.
Back to top Go down
gameremporer2
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 10th 2013, 9:36 pm

I have stopped playing about 6 months ago. really enjoyed the game especially mop. the old lady and my buddy still play though and they are very satisfied with the current "patch" if you will. Hellscream goes over the big end and they are both loving it.
Back to top Go down
blandquick
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 7:45 am

I had a job situation that let me play a lot. When I quit, I was proud to say I was the guild leader and raid leader for a top 40k guild. We raided two times a week. I was known on my server as the best casual guild.

I hated MOP. It was everything I hated about the game. The best part and worst part was making my team. The recruitment process was endless. It was exhausting and felt like a full time job on top of my job of coaching my raiders, raiding, and the logistics of running a guild.

To be fair, the game lost a lot of shine when my friends I PVP'ed with quit. I have the old school field marshal title Smile

In response to the question, my hardcore friends tell me it is terrible and they are quitting or close to it. On the other hand, some of the casuals I knew really like MOP. I am told it is a cross between Pokemon and harvest moon....which I hate. PVP is more broken than ever. My gladiator friends marvel at how unbalanced it still is. Now I feel like trolling the AJ forums now lol!

I like the game and thought it had a great run...but it is showing its age and all things come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 8:43 am

sounds like I ended on a fairly good note by stopping after LK when I did! I miss raiding and downing end game bosses every once and a while, but I don't miss the time commitment to doing it.
Back to top Go down
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon
AlakhaiVaynard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? EmptySeptember 14th 2013, 11:39 am

I still play, very casual raid guild, but we are in the top 6k or so of guilds in the US (top 15k in non-asian realms), and about 5th or 6th on our tiny ass realm. Raid about 6 hours a week split over 2 days.

I think it is definitely targeted at a different market now than it was when I started, but I think my life has changed in ways that has kept the game interesting for me. When the game came out I was a college student and I was in a hardcore raid guild, 4 or 5 nights a week, top 100 worldwide.

Now I've got a full time job, wife, and kids. So the fact that years of experience and a little tenacity can allow me to play 3 or 4 nights a week tops, and only raid on 2 of those (run a dungeon or do some random quests the other times) is awesome. And the fact that I can jump into stuff on a dime with Raid Finder / Dungeon Finder and get something done is nice.

I don't know that it is fair to say the game is dying just from losing subscribers, they have a very large tidal pattern around patches and expansions. I think the entire **idea** of an MMO with 10 million subscribers is outdated though, so I definitely think the subscriptions will keep slowly dropping but I think it has another 2 or 3 years left easily.

But it is definitely a different game than it was, if you told me what it was you liked before I could tell you if that was still around haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Still Play WoW???   Anyone Still Play WoW??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Still Play WoW???
Page 1 of 1