Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FF JSON Parser ONLINE

Go down 
+4
heptathlete
Arthainius
aceslifebegins
legendslayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

FF JSON Parser ONLINE Empty
PostSubject: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 4th 2013, 9:46 pm

UPDATE: I was able to migrate the parser to a new web host, so it is available once again! However it only uses LIVE data now.
NEW LINK: http://www.m-webs.com/ff/

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone still using my custom-built FF JSON parsing web page that it will be shutting down sometime in the next day or two. I can no longer afford to keep renting that virtual machine, and had to cancel my renewal. Sad day.

On the off chance that someone has a windows machine that supports ASP.NET 2.5 or later and wants to host it for me, I'd be happy to send you the files.

Last edited by legendslayer on August 7th 2013, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 4th 2013, 10:29 pm

No worries man thanks for the access and it gave me something new to learn. Much appreciated.

Plus Ryback was starting to make me do everything hahahaha Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 4th 2013, 10:33 pm

Thanks for all you've done for game Legend Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 4th 2013, 10:33 pm

^^
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 2:13 am

Legend, are you seeking a server on a host somewhere, or something like a desktop with a dedicated connection to the net? Drop me a note with the details.

Gang, let's see if we can figure out how best to keep this utility available to the forum. Has anyone approached Dakota to see if we can drop it onto one of their servers?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 2:18 am

Tragic to see such an awesome tool be lost. I wouldn't be where I am today without all the hard work of those at the wiki. And I know that Parser was a large part of that. I MAY be able to find a server for it (or sneak it on to my server at work, I'm a boss) depending on the size.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 2:34 am

^^ awesome suggestion
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 4:27 am

Amazing things happen when we work together. Competitive Collaboration at it's finest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 10:36 am

I had it hosted on a dedicated Virtual Machine i rented for another project (that I had to shut down). I have my personal web space but it only supports ASP.NET 3.5 and lower, whereas the FF JSON Parser was built in .NET 4.0 (no I can't build it to be backward compatible unfortunately). I'm looking at upgrading my personal hosting to be .NET 4.0+ compatible so I can run it there.

It doesn't need any fancy server hardware or dedicated connections. The only thing it really needs is a home that supports ASP.NET 4.0+. I assume only a small number of people actually use it, so the bandwidth requirements are probably negligible.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 10:43 am

Is there anyway you could post the files on this forum for download?
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 11:16 am

I went ahead and initiated a request to upgrade my account so I can host it again. It may take anywhere from 1 to 72 hours (good ole Go Daddy).

In the meantime, I'm happy to make the deployable available to anyone that wants it. I zipped it up and uploaded it here:

http://m-webs.com/ff/ff_json_deploy.zip
Zip file: 8MB
Unzipped: 24MB

On this note: does anyone know where they store the local 'bb_game_data.json' file on your phone? It doesn't appear to be saving to the same location as previously since the new update. I can't find where to extract the json anymore! Ahh!
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 11:38 am

on my phone: Android/data/com.mobage.ww.a873.fatalfrontier_android_Android/cache/.ngmoco/some crazy alpha-numeric string
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 12:35 pm

I got my tech support guy coming in later this afternoon, and I'll admit that I know absolutely nothing about computers. Should I ask him about our servers and if we could host it, or do you have it covered Legend?
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 10:06 am

Update: I have it online once again at my new host. Just in time for the new event. Check it out at http://www.m-webs.com/ff/

Shameless plug: also feel free to use M-Webs Interactive for any of your web or app design needs Wink
Back to top Go down
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic
Edwardgrc2

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 10:28 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 10:54 am

Ugh i see the L they added. Won't have to worry about anyone wanting it if she is tower L

Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 10:56 am

FF JSON Parser ONLINE 11854011-65FD-43D0-A175-9169B8865E45-5380-000005AF6B005121_zps77916f33

The new L added. Ummm chained spirit 2.0 it looks like
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 1:01 pm

Legend- Do you run that M-webs server?
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 1:18 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
Legend- Do you run that M-webs server?

Ya, it's the public front-end for my occasional business venture. I need to update it, but I haven't had much time since I started my new job last fall and had to take a break from my projects to put food on the table and pay rent.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 2:16 pm

Cool stuff. I have been considering renting out some server space for personal projects as well. If I ever get to that point, I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 9th 2013, 4:55 am

Legend, you should make this update into a new sticky for the new & improved JSON parser.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 10th 2013, 2:14 pm

Legend, should we have a new section / sticky for testing theories?
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 10th 2013, 9:45 pm

What do you mean: testing theories?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 10th 2013, 10:23 pm

Like if you eat potatoes your poop will float. Those kind of theories.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 10th 2013, 10:43 pm

Serious thread derailments initiated........ lol
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 15th 2013, 3:26 pm

For example yesterday I saw someone whining about his siren dropping from 35K to 25K. I don't know if it was because of the event, or Dakota is messing with the performance numbers on the back end, whether it was only during the event, was only during the nexus in the event, was only when siren was paired with , etc.

Sorry, many years of coding, testing code, and trying to break someone else's code warped my mind. LOL. When I see someone post an observation like the degradation of siren's damage, my testing hat gets put on to see if I can assist in rooting out the underlying cause.

Hence my suggestion for a Testing thread / sandbox.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 15th 2013, 3:42 pm

Yeah nothing in the JSON was changed on her so not sure. I'm thinking it was the mercs we were facing in the event
Back to top Go down
Nimey
Rare
Rare
Nimey

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE EmptyAugust 15th 2013, 3:46 pm

Yeah the mercs get a little tougher every event. 2 tower events ago my EVEs were 1-shotting all mercs. Last tower event they had a small amount left after the nuke and this event around 1/3 to 1/2 of their health was left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF JSON Parser ONLINE   FF JSON Parser ONLINE Empty

Back to top Go down

FF JSON Parser ONLINE
Page 1 of 1