Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks

Go down 
+2
TurboTalon
legendslayer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyMarch 21st 2013, 1:38 pm

The following tutorial describes how to access the game JSON data through Bluestacks. (Note: This was done on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit)

1. Download and install an Android File Manager app on Bluestacks (I used the simplistic ADAO File Manager found here http://download.cnet.com/Adao-File-Manager/3000-2064_4-75681692.html_

2a. Open the file manager app and navigate to the /sdcard/.ngmoco/{latest time-stamp folder from your recent update}/ directory
2b. Copy the bb_game_data.json file from this directory (no this is not a typo, it really is called bb_game_data)

3a. While still in the file manager app, Navigate to /mnt/sdcard/bstfolder (this is where bluestacks connects to your public documents folder in the windows file system)
3b. Paste the previously copied file (This copies the file to your computer)

4. Navigate via your computer to the C:\Users\Public\Public Documents folder and you will have your bb_game_data.json file

Optional:
5. Download and install a JSON Viewer program to easily read that info. I use JSON VIEWER from http://jsonviewer.codeplex.com/

That's it! Enjoy your new JSON data!

Edit: To pull figure images from the GV servers, use the following links (substituting the character ID for the {ID} field)
Figure: http://prod.na.fatalfrontier.gameviewstudios.com//DownloadContent/common/card/figure/{ID}l.png
Boss: http://prod.na.fatalfrontier.gameviewstudios.com/DownloadContent/common/card/boss/10361l.png

Last edited by legendslayer on May 10th 2013, 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TurboTalon
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyMarch 21st 2013, 3:05 pm

Ohh thanks for posting this. Bluestacks confuses the shit out of me and now I can pull it from there instead of having to plug my phone in.

Make sure you paste the json in /mnt/sdcard/bstfolder/PublicDocuments

OR

/mnt/sdcard/bstfolder/Documents

Second one is faster to navigate to in Windows js
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyMarch 30th 2013, 2:09 pm

i clicked the link above and it seems to be broken, it take you to the first site then when you click download and it redirects you then it says the requested url was not found on this server
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyMarch 31st 2013, 6:58 pm

Wow you're right. Google Play store took the Adao File Manager app down. Any file Manager app will do though, so find one that works for you. As long as you can browse your phone's file structure with it, it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
kokojie
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyJune 27th 2013, 12:15 pm

What is this used for?
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyJune 27th 2013, 1:31 pm

Primarily for discovering new mercs that have been added to the game. It has their stats, skills and damage modifiers that we use to get a sneak peak at what we'll be seeing in the upcoming event.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 11:27 am

In the latest update, Dakota has moved the location for their json file. It's now in the DATA directory which requires your phone to be rooted to view....

Android/data/com.mobage.ww.a873.fatalfrontier_android_Android/cache/.ngmoco/some crazy alpha-numeric string
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 11:35 am

I was able to view the DATA directory by using the on-board file management software on my RAZR M while connected to my computer.

If viewing requires rooting by others, I'd be happy to periodically post/email the JSON.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 11:40 am

Thanks sphynx. If you use my FF JSON Parsing tool, you can just pull directly from their live servers so you can avoid that messiness all together: http://www.m-webs.com/FF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks   Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: JSON via Bluestacks
Page 1 of 1