Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FF Data Tool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

FF Data Tool Empty
PostSubject: FF Data Tool   FF Data Tool EmptyApril 9th 2013, 2:08 pm

Since taking over the WIKI after OKRedleg, I've been trying to keep all the new characters up to date manually. It's too much work, so I decided to automate some of it. As such, I drafted up a custom JSON parser specifically for digging through the FF JSON and put it up on the web. I would like you guys to test it out for me. I will be adding more functionality to export wiki templates in the future, but this seems like a decent start. It calculates all PE*8 stat values on the fly and makes some of the data more user friendly.

Fatal Frontier JSON Parser: http://68.71.138.209/fatalfrontier/
Current Version: 1.1

How to use:
- You can either browse to upload your own JSON file to parse, or use the default one i uploaded with it (currently from 4-8-13).
- Can also USE LIVE JSON button that grabs the latest game data directly from the server (only use this if the current version isn't up to date, as its slower)
- Currently contains both characters and skills
- You can sort most columns by clicking on the column header
- You can filter some columns by typing in the filter box at the top of the column
- You can EXPORT the characters list to Excel or CSV via the buttons at the bottom
- Click on the TEMPLATE button on the far right to generate text that you can copy-paste directly to the wiki to create the character.
- Click on the IMAGE button on the far right to fetch the character image from the FF servers so you can save it and re-upload to the wiki

Using this information, you can create/update characters on the wiki as desired. Please let me know what you think and leave some feedback. Thanks.

Last edited by legendslayer on April 10th 2013, 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TurboTalon
Rare
Rare

FF Data Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Data Tool   FF Data Tool EmptyApril 9th 2013, 8:27 pm

That is really awesome! Much easier to look through. Is there a way to get the images from the cards folder? I couldn't figure out how they were assigned to characters.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

FF Data Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Data Tool   FF Data Tool EmptyApril 10th 2013, 2:29 pm

Excellent suggestion, TurboTalon. I took your suggestion to heart and added an IMAGE button for each character that fetches the image from the server so you can save it and then re-upload it to the wiki as needed.

Also: Major update to version 1.1:
- Added a TEMPLATE button that produces a text template you can copy-paste into the wiki to easily add a new character.
- Added a USE LIVE JSON button that grabs the latest game data directly from the server (only use this if the current version isn't up to date, as its slower)

I added a great walkthrough for creating new characters in the wiki in a blog post here: http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:LegendSlayer/FF_Data_Tool_-_Easy_Wiki_Updating

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

FF Data Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Data Tool   FF Data Tool EmptyApril 10th 2013, 7:34 pm

damn dude that is awesome. I just got my ruby script to work to make the templates for all the fams also jsut have to upload them manual. about to place them in a google share doc soon.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

FF Data Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Data Tool   FF Data Tool EmptyApril 17th 2013, 3:03 pm

Updated with the latest JSON data and ironed out a few bugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FF Data Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Data Tool   FF Data Tool Empty

Back to top Go down

FF Data Tool
Page 1 of 1