Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mammoth: Love it or Hate it

Go down 
+5
bwjoejr
zombiedave2010
-Zzz
LtButtstrong
sphynx187
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Mammoth: Love it or Hate it Empty
PostSubject: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 3:40 pm

I have only seen about 2 Mammoths in PVP so far, and I gotta say they didn't do too well.

I am surprised, since the exchange rates for mammoths are dang near crack-pricing. You would think they could walk on water for the prices being asked.

So, are mammoth's value only to turn around and trade? Do you see a spot in your A or B line where it could reasonably fit?
Back to top Go down
LtButtstrong
Rare
Rare
LtButtstrong

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 3:50 pm

I think their high price is at least partly due to preparation for the tower event. He should be somewhat useful against the boss hopefully.

Other than that it's just residual post-event craziness. All the decent offers get accepted and only the ridiculous ones are left on the exchange for all to see and gawk at.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 4:22 pm

Hate it. They are bad
Back to top Go down
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 4:49 pm

^ +1
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 4:54 pm

In that case I have 5 mammoths for trade.

I'm giving them away at 20 canisters each! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 5:11 pm

I still have all 7 in my gift from event brand new never opened LOL.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 5:21 pm

I put mine up for 10 res each as soon as they were released, I feel good about it

Denied might make a good feeder skill in the future, but Mammoth needs a significant ATK+DEF stat boost or a skill multiplier of 3-4 to be usable imo
Back to top Go down
Nivaiq
Rare
Rare
Nivaiq

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 5:47 pm

Oh I hate him. So useless. He's not worth buffing to keep alive long enough to deny.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 7:02 pm

Love the art. Horrible squadmate. Would be decent if his skill was like Soul Reaver and defended/countered adjacent familiars as well. Might even find a spot in some teams if he could defend/coutner for your entire team. But sadly he's just trade bait. Been trading mine for crystals.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 8:34 pm

i cant decide if i want to trade off my 8 mammoths or try to make a Pe 8in1 just to see how it works out
seeing as i could run 2000u-mordeo-mammoth-mordeo-2000u
but i feel like 5 resources a piece is way to low so i may end up holding on to them for a couple months till the price goes up (or crashes)
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 8:49 pm

The problem is that he has to survive the hit first to counter. With all the attack buffers like Mordeo, Primarch, and Golem its hard enough. Add in crazy new skills like the 200% mod firestarter and 300% mod Insanity, and chances are you will never even get to counter. My Golem - Golem - Hanzo lineup does auto-attack damage when buffed from 16k-25k. Triple that for a proc. It's ugly.
Back to top Go down
LtButtstrong
Rare
Rare
LtButtstrong

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 4th 2013, 12:58 am

He'd be useful if his skill did what it implied and actually Denied an enemy's attack before counter-attacking
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 4th 2013, 1:36 am

LtButtstrong wrote:
He'd be useful if his skill did what it implied and actually Denied an enemy's attack before counter-attacking
That what my problem was with it
All the mammoth does is counter with atk damage
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 4th 2013, 5:26 pm

I hate it.

I had 8 of them so decided to chance it and make an 8-in-1 and he's awful. Firestarter, Insanity and AGI/ATK-buffed attacks just mop the floor with him. I was hoping he'd be like Graff the Punching Bag, only a punching bag that fights back, but I agree with everyone else, he's pretty useless as he stands right now.

Frankly, I'm surprised the devs thought he was a suitable event rare; it's like they didn't even bother testing to see if he would be any good, yet his manifestation as a Raid Boss/Super Raid Boss was pure hell. During the event, every other hit my guys put on him was denied, but as a PVP squadmate, he never procs when he needs to and that's when he survives the first hit.

As it stands, if I was forced to choose between him or Horde Wall v2 to put in my squad, I'd probably go with the Wall; he's that bad.
Back to top Go down
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic
MortuoRana

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 4th 2013, 6:52 pm

Well after reading these posts I decided to try and trade my mammoths off for resources and crystals
But there is so mammoths out there for trade that its slow waiting

Would be going faster if there was an event to take part in lol
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it EmptyApril 5th 2013, 9:52 am

I faced a "strong" mammoth in PVP last night. The rest of his squad was decimated by my golem and BF. He was the last survivor on his team and denied my incinerator, but then was pounded like a railroad spike by my other four squad mates.

He'd be alot cooler if "denied" was an all-squad or 3-fer attack instead of a 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammoth: Love it or Hate it   Mammoth: Love it or Hate it Empty

Back to top Go down

Mammoth: Love it or Hate it
Page 1 of 1