Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

to evolve or not to evolve?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

to evolve or not to evolve? Empty
PostSubject: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 22nd 2014, 1:55 am

I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I'm finding it hard to take the plunge on evolving two e3 D&J's into final form.  I just like having double-action AND the chance for pre-battle attack on two e3's, and I feel like it's stupid reducing that to only one even with the increased stats.  What do you all think?  Am I just being silly about this?  I have no other pre-battle attack mercs, and the only other double-action I have is an r1 Muttzilla that I haven't even started to level.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 22nd 2014, 7:22 am

pglandis wrote:
I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I'm finding it hard to take the plunge on evolving two e3 D&J's into final form.  I just like having double-action AND the chance for pre-battle attack on two e3's, and I feel like it's stupid reducing that to only one even with the increased stats.  What do you all think?  Am I just being silly about this?  I have no other pre-battle attack mercs, and the only other double-action I have is an r1 Muttzilla that I haven't even started to level.

When D&J's skills trigger it is a beautiful thing, but when they remain silent they are sitting ducks. My suggestion is to add crystals to both and evolve to the e4/100 (or better if you put crystals in earlier).

As far as other pre-battle mercs, I've got a Junker War Marshall e2 that I can send your way. He pales in comparison to D&J, but I'm sure you could use him until you could afford something better.

PM if you are interested and we can work a deal.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 22nd 2014, 7:51 am

Just evolve them and buy another E4 D&J. You can find them relatively cheap if you keep your eyes open.

For tower, as long as you aren't running Floor 10, you will be better off keeping them both E3 most likely. But evo them as soon as its over.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 22nd 2014, 11:39 am

Thanks for the advice, guys. Are there any mercs out there that are best kept at e3? I think I remember something about blue bot being better in e3 form. Is that correct?

@hept - I have an OPE e4 WR. He's better than a JWM, right? Not a pre-battle attacker, but the debuffers are great.

@legend - I have mostly been running floor 9 so I will keep them together for now. I do have another e3 D&J but it isn't PE. I will keep looking for D&J's as well as other pre-battle attackers to add to my team.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 22nd 2014, 4:48 pm

pglandis wrote:
Thanks for the advice, guys.  Are there any mercs out there that are best kept at e3?  I think I remember something about blue bot being better in e3 form.  Is that correct?

@hept - I have an OPE e4 WR.  He's better than a JWM, right?  Not a pre-battle attacker, but the debuffers are great.

@legend - I have mostly been running floor 9 so I will keep them together for now.  I do have another e3 D&J but it isn't PE.  I will keep looking for D&J's as well as other pre-battle attackers to add to my team.

Yep, WR is better than JWM - I forgot you had a WR.

Also, I saw a D&J e3 on the X that was rather cheap - recent award merc (Nucleo) and a few AC. Jump on it bro!
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 22nd 2014, 8:18 pm

Thanks for the tip, hept. Unfortunately, all my RAID rewards, res, and lots of crystals have been spent on getting Tauruses (Tauri?) and Martials recently. Waiting for Infinity Gates rewards to become trade-able, so that I can offer them.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 23rd 2014, 8:42 am

pglandis wrote:
Thanks for the tip, hept.  Unfortunately, all my RAID rewards, res, and lots of crystals have been spent on getting Tauruses (Tauri?) and Martials recently.  Waiting for Infinity Gates rewards to become trade-able, so that I can offer them.

Dude, you know I'd help if I could, but I just emptied my pockets to pick up the princess merc (w/ the butterfly tattoo on her chest). She's rocking L10 in the tower now that I've got her slotted in.

Maybe another of the crew can step in to grab the trade and work something for you. Doesn't hurt too much to ask. And you might be pleasantly surprised.

Rock on TFB!
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 23rd 2014, 8:31 pm

@pglandis: I have 3xD&J e4-PM me after the event as I will need umbras...Go TFB!
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 23rd 2014, 9:42 pm

@Zoar - I definitely will. I should have a bunch of Umbras to throw in to the trade.
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 25th 2014, 12:47 pm

It would be more beneficial to evo the d&j man. I think I have a d&j left if you have some res.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? EmptyAugust 26th 2014, 9:19 pm

@Tech - I appreciate the offer, but I am currently res-less. All I have to offer are two of the recent rare rewards which is woefully inadequate. If I come across any res, I will contact you, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to evolve or not to evolve?   to evolve or not to evolve? Empty

Back to top Go down

to evolve or not to evolve?
Page 1 of 1