Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

farming

Go down 
+4
danthepirate
pglandis
caya
nottoc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nottoc
Rare
Rare
nottoc

farming Empty
PostSubject: farming   farming EmptyMay 5th 2014, 3:25 am

I have done search on farming and came up empty, is there a guide on farming for different events any where, alot of people talk about farming but does anyone do it a certain way ? I only seam to get up to 200 were some have 1000 plus. Im think I doing something wrong here lol
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 5th 2014, 4:08 am

Farming in raid is so simple that even me guessed it myself. Just dont collect points from beaten bosses and stay at 0. I tried it for the first time last event and tried to remained at 1000. Failed after collected about 100 wins and decided to rather push hard and win L Smile.
Sorry for spoiling secrets, but some are just too obvious. Smile
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare
nottoc

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 5th 2014, 4:15 am

Ok so if u dont collect u cant use lol any tips for pvp as I dont like playing that as get L on second set so have go full to win so to progress it costs me 6 ammo ..
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 27th 2014, 9:48 pm

How do you avoid collecting on bosses that you kill yourself? And if that isn't possible, how do you stay at zero while still collecting mags? You have to engage bosses, so do you run a six or four man squad or something?
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 27th 2014, 10:13 pm

You can only double your mags + ammo from regen.

Once you run out of mags, you collect all your bosses and play like normal.

As soon as you collect points it stops working properly (from what I have heard you might get away with accidentally collecting 1 or 2 bosses).

The guys seem to wait for their team to hit it once then force quit before you kill it.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 28th 2014, 6:04 am

OK, I guess I did not understand this concept properly. I thought that what you do is hit every boss you discover once as long as you have a regen mag. If you kill it, you are forced to collect rewards. (Don't know how to "force quit" before killing it.) If I don't kill it but have enough for MVP, I let it sit for someone else to kill. If I can't MVP and let it sit for others, I don't get as much but I still turn one regen mag into one stockpiled mag. If I continue on this way, and assuming every boss I let sit gets killed by someone, I could at most (playing every 45 minutes for the whole 7 days) stockpile from 672 to 1344 (MVP) mags on regen mags alone. Beyond that, you could also invest stockpiled mags on the speculation of doubling, but could lose them if no one finishes off the boss. Also, there are mag rewards for points accumulated which depends on how high you earn. If any of this is wrong, please post a correction.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 28th 2014, 6:14 am

I also had a question about not collecting rewards. If I refuse to collect rewards for the entire event, will the game hold the entire list of defeated bosses and give me all the points (and rewards) at the end of the event? I don't see any of the bosses in the Raid Bosses list that were defeated yesterday, but I do realize that they sometimes don't show up even though they are really there. I am just worried that they get timed out and lost. I was looking forward to seeing that list grow to a huge line of "Victory - Collect Reward!" all in green.
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 28th 2014, 6:23 am

Yeah pretty sure it sorts all that out for you from comments people have made.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 29th 2014, 8:28 am

caya wrote:
Farming in raid is so simple that even me guessed it myself. Just dont collect points from beaten bosses and stay at 0. I tried it for the first time last event and tried to remained at 1000. Failed after collected about 100 wins and decided to rather push hard and win L Smile.
Sorry for spoiling secrets, but some are just too obvious. Smile

danthepirate wrote:
You can only double your mags + ammo from regen.

Once you run out of mags, you collect all your bosses and play like normal.

As soon as you collect points it stops working properly (from what I have heard you might get away with accidentally collecting 1 or 2 bosses).

The guys seem to wait for their team to hit it once then force quit before you kill it.

Interesting collaboration, Batman!

Caya: Never would have guessed that worked. Decided to give it a try and I've been getting 1 chevron 10's & 20's since this event started (10's go down, 20's have a small amount left). Must be something in the water ...  drunken 

Dan: How do you "force quit" a battle in progress?  Doesn't the game already calculate the results before the battle dynamic is visible / rendered to the screen?  scratch 

Now I can actually start farming - instead of just pulling weeds ...  flower 

cheers
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 29th 2014, 8:59 am

Hept - how to force close depends on the device. I have an HTC EVO LTE and in the bottom right corner next to my home button there is a button that looks like one square on top of another. When you tap that it shows all your recent apps, which allows you to swipe away (i.e. force close) any recent app that might still be running. So just figure out how to do that on your device.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by KainHighwind on May 30th 2014, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 29th 2014, 6:20 pm

@hept: You are correct about the battle being calculated basically as soon as it is started and all you are watching is a replay of what was calculated. The point is for the server to get the calculated battle but you as the player not accept the points from you defeating the boss.

It's a technique/exploit which I assume has been around for ages and kept semi-secret. Someone on here finally worked it out and posted about it, so I see no need to continue the secrecy.
Back to top Go down
KvHulk
Common
Common
KvHulk

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 30th 2014, 9:32 am

Seems to be an acceptable exploit because it isn't "publicly seen". As opposed to those that create new accounts for tower and get crucified because they can be seen via the leaderboard.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyMay 30th 2014, 10:15 am

Hmm, maybe bad form, but not wrong. Since my phone takes ages to restart the game, I think I'll try something in between killing the task & hitting every boss I cross paths with over an event.

Doubt I'll be as successful as those hardcore farmers, but I'll get a few crops going.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 2nd 2014, 8:17 pm

With about 24 hrs left, I've earned a whopping 6000 points - Boy Howdy! And I'm still ranked close to 1000. But I've got about 25 - 30 wins to collect, with probably double that in mags to receive - beyond the 40 or so that I've collected from the points and wins that I "had" to collect.

Now I see how someone can grab several hundred mags during raid - do what you know, until you know better ... then do better!

cheers 
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:01 pm

Now that I went back and collected the "victory" awards - which was something like 50 or so of the 1 chevron bosses I jumped to better than 500 in ranking & gathered about 150 mags (beyond what I had before the event started).

And many thanks to Legendslayer, my only ally for the event (he tossed me about 70 K in ally points). Thanks bro'!

TFB rocks!
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare
nottoc

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 4th 2014, 2:25 am

Lol I gave up on the farming as was doing it wrong, that said I pulled in 100 plus before the SRBs that was just from playing with the regen ones every 45 mins, does help im suck at home in a paster cast so have nothing else to do :-) would love to know how many sharkgut got as looks like he didnt it the proper way as only had 9 ally point off him until last night lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 4th 2014, 11:58 am

nottoc wrote:
Lol I gave up on the farming as was doing it wrong, that said I pulled in 100 plus before the SRBs that was just from playing with the regen ones every 45 mins, does help im suck at home in a paster cast so have nothing else to do :-) would love to know how many sharkgut got as looks like he didnt it the proper way as only had 9 ally point off him until last night lol

I ended up with just over 550 mags, and finished in 211th place.  If I would have known that I was supposed to use the ammo I already had as well as the regen ammo in the first couple of days, I would have had another 200 or so Sad

So, before collecting points at the end I had about 300 pts (accidentally collected) and was over 1500th. After collecting from around 260 bosses ranging from mostly Lvl 10, 20, and 30 1 Chevrons up to the final SRBs, I was at 354. Thanks to the ally points, I jumped another 140 spots, so thank you very much to all of my teammates! Sorry I wasn't able to contribute more to your cause.
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare
nottoc

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 4th 2014, 12:42 pm

sharkguy wrote:
nottoc wrote:

I ended up with just over 550 mags, and finished in 211th place.  If I would have known that I was supposed to use the ammo I already had as well as the regen ammo in the first couple of days, I would have had another 200 or so Sad

So, before collecting points at the end I had about 300 pts (accidentally collected) and was over 1500th.  After collecting from around 260 bosses ranging from mostly Lvl 10, 20, and 30 1 Chevrons up to the final SRBs, I was at 354.  Thanks to the ally points, I jumped another 140 spots, so thank you  very much to all of my teammates!  Sorry I wasn't able to contribute more to your cause.

dude you were in the farming team lol your not ment to produce lots of points just lots of mags. Like I said I started all wrong so played normally hence my rank. Next time im in the farming team it will be to farm as now know how. I got 6 merc still as was sub 45 so all good.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 4th 2014, 4:50 pm

sharkguy wrote:
nottoc wrote:

So, before collecting points at the end I had about 300 pts (accidentally collected) and was over 1500th.  After collecting from around 260 bosses ranging from mostly Lvl 10, 20, and 30 1 Chevrons up to the final SRBs, I was at 354.  Thanks to the ally points, I jumped another 140 spots, so thank you  very much to all of my teammates!  Sorry I wasn't able to contribute more to your cause.

Way to go Sharky!
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare
nottoc

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 1:47 am

It now make sense why others have thousands of mags if you farm and can pull in 600 to 700 on an event, my issue is I like getting the merc but if I want to push for L at some point I need them lol
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 7:00 am

I might trying farming one future event. The probably is that as far as I know, it's not easy to force quit an app on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Any Farmers out there have this phone and might be able to PM a tip/trick?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 7:04 am

Zoar I have a galaxy note 2. Very similar. I found a widget that opens a window to force quit apps, and put it right next to the game icon. When I want to quit, I press the home button to go to the home screen then open the widget to force quit the game. Easy really.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 12:09 pm

Got a name for that app sharkguy or are you going to make me go search the Playstore?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 12:17 pm

Its a widget called Active Apps Manager. I honestly have no idea if it is a standalone app, or if it is part of something else. I have so many mods to my phone, it could be part of the NextLauncher or something similar. Hit me up on LINE if you need to actually discuss setup or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare
nottoc

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 12:37 pm

Lol I got that on my s3, due to upgrade #soon so thinking of note as I like a big screen. That said I use my gal tab2 to play even at work just tether to my phone for access :-)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming EmptyJune 5th 2014, 12:40 pm

I also use my tab to play, its actually easier to close apps on the new Nexus 7 than my phone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: farming   farming Empty

Back to top Go down

farming
Page 1 of 1