Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Farming

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 10:59 am

Any pro's want to share their thoughts on farming and being able to keep a respectable ranking? I burn through res like there is no tomorrow trying to keep up. Probably is bad planning on my part but would like some idea's.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 11:04 am

I'm no pro, but I'd say tag every lvl3 30 and up boss that has red life indicator with over 5 min remaining. Do this with your free shots. Alternate this with hitting or AO'ing on bosses you discover to hopefully get the 2mag reward.

I finished top 100 August raid while accumulating roughly 40 mags with this technique.

Back to top Go down
trob1831
Rare
Rare
trob1831

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 11:23 am

the first day is key as every boss you can single shot and mvp and get a mag and if you discover it you get two mags. i went +100 on the first day

Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 11:50 am

Yeah, first day is when you do the farming, because they have a max on the highest level boss you can hit. Plus, because it's first day, you can usually leave bosses just below half and still get them cleaned up.

I also encountered less "already found" bosses on the first day than the rest of the competition.

Back to top Go down
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 12:02 pm

Good idea's. I was able to farm about 60 mags the first couple days but throughout the event I burned 50 of those trying to get MVP, SRB and keep rank. Pretty much farm first couple day's, use natural regen and have self control.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 12:28 pm

M: are you asking about farming to have res for later event(s), or farming for use in the current event?  These are very different tactics, as one sacrifices placing in the event to max to collection efforts and the other is the opportunistic poaching routine.

Each of these paths can garner a top 100 placement depending on your squad and the frequency with which you can revisit the game to utilize the free regeneration of ammo shots / mags.

Generally I've been doing the lurking & poaching to grab the mags for early & weaker boss MVPs, single shots on middle bosses for the discovery mags, AO for some of the bosses for discovery & MPV mags before the cynicism sets in during the later days of the events, single shots/AO on strong mercs about to topple for points and possibly the final blow awards, and always hunting for Allies needing some cleanup assistance.

Doing this I've been regularly in the 100 - 150 band, and can either be some mags ahead or behind at the end of the event, with some of the "bright shiny new merc" in hand to sell off or barter for a few more. Also, points generated have kept most of my past allies in their target bands, with some jumping up while a few may have just missed their targeted goals.

Used this during Lilith event and was able to barter for a Cannonback.  Also, used in this event, and am targeting a Blue (and your Gyro) for my next target acquisition(s).

Wishing you much success in your decision to join "Future Farmers of America". jocolor 
Back to top Go down
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 1:16 pm

I would say farming for future events. I probably need to scale it back a bit instead of the "burn everything to place well in every event" mind frame.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 3:18 pm

For me I tried to play as hard and as often as I possibly could. I was able to single mag kill all r1 bosses, and get very very close on r2 lvl 10 bosses as well.

So for me, every blank step I took was a raid boss, killed it, earned a mag, next step another raid boss. Rinse and repeat. I gained about 160 ammo all told in that first day alone. If I was farming for next event I would proceed to single mag hit my own bosses and rely on my allies to clean them up, earning 3 mags every 45 minutes.

I have farmed just short of 400 mags in this fashion in one raid.

Another way to do it that is MUCH less time consuming that I usually do in the evenings when I'm with my family and don't want to sit around waiting for my bosses to clear is to simply use all three mags and all out my boss, hoping to grab 2 mags for the discover and mvp bonus.
Back to top Go down
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 3:41 pm

Gotcha.
So raid is good for farming mags. What about tower and PVP? Sorry my short term only includes the previous event.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming EmptyOctober 3rd 2013, 4:11 pm

Tower isn't good for farming anything. If you want mags, bow out and farm random battles, which is hit or miss.

I typically view "farming" in tower to mean earning enough event rares to make more AC than I would have by fighting out in the real world. The converse is that tower is the THE BEST place to level in the game. And you can make some decent res by leveling mercs and evolving and selling.

PvP is also good to farm. Just use your regen, and get 1-2 per 45 minutes. Not as lucrative as raid, because you can't spam farm, but still good for 150-200 mags for the week if you play hard and smart and don't lose a whole whole lot (or blow 25 mags trying to win hopeless rival battles. When Dakota says your done, your done.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Empty

Back to top Go down

Farming
Page 1 of 1