Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the board

Go down 
+3
DaedHead8
heptathlete
KoRnSteiner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare
KoRnSteiner

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 10:51 pm

Hey guys,

I'm back to the board, as the game seems to be unplayable without FFF, TFB or Pirates support.
Hoped i can just play along with the game till its back on a good way, but i just cant stop pushing these damn Go/Ok buttons Smile
The good side of more and more people retiring is, you can easily finish in top ranks :/

I'll read through the forum to get up to date - let's see how bad it really is with FF.

Love,
KoRnSteiner
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 1:57 am

Korn, I wondered where you wandered off to over the last several events. Welcome back!

I think it's a period of transformation for the board & the game. Not as much vibrancy since Frank passed away, and the bad decisions made by little D (the great nerfing, foolish ban hammers & the genebound res lunacy).

Seems like there is a growing chasm between those with Lethals & those without. And all the mid tier stuff is stuck being the bait for the decent rewards that have come out. Guessing that the brown shirts need to find a way to rejuvenate the X and bridge the divide or the FF players universe will continue to shrink from what might have been to a figment in our collective memory.

Back to top Go down
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare
KoRnSteiner

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 8:03 am

yeah, very sad direction the came has turned to. the great nerf/banhammer made a lot of people wander off and the death of the mid tier stuff of the X is making it unbelievable hard for new players to get competative mercs and get victories/satisfaction from events.

I was always playing the events and tried to get allied with a lot of low lvl guys to help them with advice/allying in events. but this was fruitless too, as most of them quit playing the game after a short while. No chance of getting anywhere for the small people with one good ally, as all higher positions are filled with Pirates, FFF and TFB.

Even for me it was hard to get anywhere, all my former allies were in TFB or FFF by now or quit the game, so im stuck with 2 allys this raid (around rank 200) and added yesterday 3 more ranked 700is (more then 700 people still play this game wtf o0).

A good ingame buddy (IGN koflerk) that was going for the L every now and then has 2 active allies left... this is just so sad. (trying to get him on the board too, as we both got "recruited" by FFF ingame Smile )
Back to top Go down
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare
KoRnSteiner

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 8:07 am

but this means also that even less space is left in the top ranks for new players... dont know what to do about it? stay with the 700ish players to help them become passionate FF players and having no chance in sub 30 ranking, or join FFF and try to get my first L finaly? sub 45 ranking is just so unsatisfying for all the effort you have to put in without allys Sad
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 8:50 am

Welcome back to the Forum! I'd say make a run on tower or raid with FFF, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 10:07 am

Korn, I think the "plan" that the pirates and thai squads use of farming several events, then stepping forward to go after an L every so often is your best play. Save resources and coordinate your efforts.

BTW, I think I still have slot 5 open if you want to ally for this event. Can't guarantee great stats, but I know I'll be better than your other options.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 10:08 am

And I was NOT saying to join them. Just that their model of several easy then one hard looks to be a very workable pattern.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 12:10 pm

Welcome back Steiner! Glad to see a friendly face.
Back to top Go down
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare
KoRnSteiner

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 1:45 pm

Hey guys!

Thx Hep, but i filled up both empty spots alread with them 700ish guys. But np, finishing sub90 should work out anyway. koflerk is always at my side Smile
he is finishing these ranges also always without allies. trying to get him to the board, but if he still refuses, could some of you, that are not always running in full squad, hit him up in game? IGN Koflerk.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 2:16 pm

They made some terrible decisions but the last two lethals have lead me to believe the lethal category is back on track to what a lethal should be. I personally love top 18 when there's only like 3000 people playing. Also the game is very easy for a veteran player to jump back into. The bottom 90% of players are still running teams worth around 30 Res. Its actually a lot of fun to start a brand new account and rebuild to lethal status and now that game is back on track there's incentive to push for top again.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 2:17 pm

Company is still shady as hell but its either we quit or don't. I've done both but I always come back in a week lol.
Back to top Go down
bspervy
Rare
Rare

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 3:59 pm

Sexy Avatar. Wink
Just check the TFB threads for the next events if you want to play casual and successful without feeling committed to hard. Wink
Regarding rewards ... the last 2 Lethals were solid, before we got the Cyclops and the Lurker as rare rewards .... they can't just push it mercwise every event. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kendohs
Rare
Rare
Kendohs

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 4:33 pm

I have a slot left if u want it. I am not pushing for an L but i have some spare time for this event so should finish around 50-120.
Back to top Go down
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare
KoRnSteiner

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 22nd 2014, 10:04 pm

Thx for the warm welcome Smile
I'm good for this raid, but will apply for FFF on the next raid. As the reward isn't too great, sub90 finish should be enough this event.

Very very sad to hear that the json has been encrypted Surprised why? just why??
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 23rd 2014, 11:48 am

KoRnSteiner wrote:
Hey guys!

Thx Hep, but i filled up both empty spots alread with them 700ish guys. But np, finishing sub90 should work out anyway. koflerk is always at my side Smile
he is finishing these ranges also always without allies. trying to get him to the board, but if he still refuses, could some of you, that are not always running in full squad, hit him up in game? IGN Koflerk.

Scraping off a non-performing ally to add your wingman for future efforts.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 23rd 2014, 11:49 am

Arthainius wrote:
Company is still shady as hell but its either we quit or don't. I've done both but I always come back in a week lol.

^^^ and this is why I leave my credit cards firmly ensconced in my pocket...
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board EmptyFebruary 23rd 2014, 11:55 am

KoRnSteiner wrote:
Very very sad to hear that the json has been encrypted Surprised why? just why??

Money, pure and simple. And the fact that several of the folks have been figuring out the nuances of all the data contained in that itty bitty listing of attributes.

Would not be surprised if that starts as a new fee-based subscription or some other revenue-generating nonsense.

... shakes his head and wanders off to post more job applications in the black hole of Applicant Tracking Systems ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back to the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the board   Back to the board Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to the board
Page 1 of 1