Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Formations

Go down 
+3
legendslayer
mamoncrief
KainHighwind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 19th 2014, 11:20 am

I have not seen any discussion on these yet and with Raid being the next event I figured this would be a good time to try and strike up some conversation.

For anyone that has not gotten them yet, the new formations are...

Ahead 5 (All front line)
Halfway 5 (All middle line)
Rearmost 5 (All back line)
Lance 5 (All back line except the middle spot which is in the front line, like this _ _ - _ _ )

The main question I have, is if anyone has done any experimenting with proc order? I am thinking that most people with use Ahead 5 for raid, but what if you want to throw in a Pulseweaver Cyborg to buff your Primarchs? Do you put him on the left/right, or are we going to have to deal with the random proc order?

Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 19th 2014, 12:27 pm

In the straight across formations on my phone it proc's left to right. But I have heard that on iPhone that order might be reversed, proccing from right to left. Maybe someone with an iPhone can confirm, but I can confirm that on android it goes left to right.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 19th 2014, 12:36 pm

Unless you want to chain buff more than 1 merc, you should be using Ahead 5 for raid for maximum damage.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 19th 2014, 12:38 pm

Ok that is good to know. I don't have an E4 Cyborg yet, but I might try my r2 for the first day.

So something like this...

Formation (Ahead 5)

Leader - Cyborg - Prawn - Overgrown - Prawn
Na'lac - Primarch - Incinerate - Primarch - Cyclops

Also, I wonder if since Overgrown can get more damage from his other ability now (since he will be front row), if it will make him as good or better than using a pack Primarch. That is a lot of math to figure out. lol

Side note: check your PM Mamon
Back to top Go down
Akkabane
Uncommon
Uncommon

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 20th 2014, 8:17 am

that depends on if you have single or multi-atk fams buffed. If I buff single hitters then my pope OC is better than my ope Prim but if I buff multi hitter like the Prawn than I get more dmg if I use an ope Prim.
Back to top Go down
urs4mine
Uncommon
Uncommon
urs4mine

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 20th 2014, 11:54 am

I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 and during the last pvp using "Ahead 5" I noticed 30% of the time my buffs went from right to left. With the squad I was running it did not effect anything in terms of chain buff but I can see how it would totally screw some1 who has a specific squad set for buffs that go left to right. I would suggest doing some testing prior to raid to figure out how this will effect ur squad.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 4:03 am

This is weird.
In full ahead: sentinal - trigrey1 - pulse weaver - tigrey2 - burnfrost, the buff order is like that:
pulse weaver -> tigrey2 -> tigrey1
,which is very different from what i expected:
tigrey1 -> pulse -> tigrey2 (or vice versa).
Any1 knows why?
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 4:56 am

If this is the case, I don't want it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Akkabane
Uncommon
Uncommon

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 5:00 am

looks like it follows the proc order of the v-formation
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 6:28 am

Did some experimentation. The front row buffs like a V formation but the back row buffs left to right. The other thing is that it isn't the case that the front row fully buffs then the back row, the rows kinda of take turns. Someone will have to fill both rows with buffers at some stage to work it out properly.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 6:30 am

danthepirate wrote:
Did some experimentation. The front row buffs like a V formation but the back row buffs left to right. The other thing is that it isn't the case that the front row fully buffs then the back row, the rows kinda of take turns. Someone will have to fill both rows with buffers at some stage to work it out properly.
MY leader who is in front most right position shoots his buff first.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 10:14 am

Ok my observations...

Leader - Cyborg - Na'lac - Overgrown - Prawn
Cyclops - Primarch - Incinerate - Primarch - Prawn

When I am fighting on the normal map, the procs go left to right (Leader, Cyborg, Overgrown)

When I am fighting a Raid boss, the front row procs right to left UNLESS, my leader procs, which at that point it procs first before Overgrown. I have not witnessed my Leader and the Cyborg proc in the same turn so I don't know how that will work. Back rows procs left to right.

Edit: @dan, when the front and back row took turns, was your leader the one that went out of turn?
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 4:45 pm

So I am running:

Oath-Niobe-Tig-Doublegun-Brody
Prophet (1)-Prim (1)-Incin-Prim (2)-Prophet (2)

I was wrong, the front row doesn't buff like a V. My full buff order is:
Prophet (1), Tig, Doublegun, Brody, Niobe, Prim (1), Prim (2), Prophet (2)

That is some crazy order, but it's totally working out for me....
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 4:52 pm

ITs crazy but its true. I have similar experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Formations   New Formations Empty

Back to top Go down

New Formations
Page 1 of 1