Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Single Action Lethal Rewards

Go down 
+5
Moba-man
KainHighwind
Arthainius
legendslayer
mamoncrief
9 posters

It is a good thing that Dakota has added a potential for single action lethals as event rewards.
Strongly Agree
Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_lcap116%Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Agree
Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_lcap18%Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Disagree
Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_lcap112%Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Strongly Disagree
Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_lcap164%Single Action Lethal Rewards Vote_rcap
 64% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Single Action Lethal Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 21st 2013, 2:18 pm

I want to get a picture of how the community feels about the new single action lethals, so vote! Tell your friends to vote too, I think that polls are an underused part of this community that consolidate our voice past just forum just random qq into something that is data oriented. If we really like or dislike this, let's vote and let the devs know.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 21st 2013, 5:09 pm

I'm not very fond of either of the two possibilities of why this is currently a single-action lethal...

1. It really is supposed to be a single action lethal. Dakota is further nerfing lethals, making them expensive Epics and removing most of the reason to actually compete for top spots.

2. Dakota is lazy and didn't bother to check or test the character they created before releasing it, when the Lethal is supposed to be a double action but released as a single. (This has happened before a couple times)
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 21st 2013, 11:20 pm

I dont know, in this case seems like all signs point to #1, which is purpose of seeing this poll. I would really love to get reasons from people as to what made them pick their votes.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 22nd 2013, 12:25 am

the one thats a canis with extra ability is fine with me. other not so much,
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 22nd 2013, 8:01 pm

I've mentioned this before, but I honestly think they are trying to slow down the power curve. Not saying I agree with it, but that is the only logical reason I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Moba-man
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 22nd 2013, 8:17 pm

I think it a little from column A & B since the attack proc is way too inconsistent for damage output and when the "kill" part actually triggers it only makes the target flash with a red aura of uselessness.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 9:02 am

Looks like this is a single action merc on purpose. The latest announcement from Dakota signals the death of double-action mercs. I cannot see this working out well for the game.

On the bright side, F-9s just became the new Golems, and I have a stockpile of them to sell off for crazy high prices.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 10:57 am

That announcement definitely made me appreciate my Hardshell even more. And for what its worth he ROCKS in tower.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 11:07 am

^ Could just as good get a Rail Gun Rider for 180 AC less, will give a bigger protection than Hardshell does.
Back to top Go down
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 12:49 pm

Voted "Agree" as i feel closing the gap in strengths between lethal and elite mercs helps newer players to compete for the top.
I feel it's like a spiral and takes so much more effort to get in lethal range than to stay there once you made it as your team simply starts to outscale others from that point on so hard.
While i think to some degree it should be this way i would prefer if it tones down a bit and this change may help to achieve that.

Just my 2 cents as mamoncrief wanted to know why we voted the way we voted. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 12:59 pm

I'm still puzzled why Dakota wants to make Lethals more like Epics. Not that I am a paying player, but what is the incentive to spend the time, res, money for a single action Lethal in an event? Maybe this tactic, combined with genebound res, is to make newer players buy AC/PS/BE?
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 1:00 pm

^ Except for the fact that they won't buy resources as it has no point. People pay money for good mercs, if they make crap mercs they don't spend. Pure logic which the devs of Dakota don't possess.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 3:42 pm

Thank you EVERYONE for your honest opinions. There wasn't a right answer here, I just wanted to get an official, numerically and statistically viable answer to this question. The poll is still open for 1 more day, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you know someone who hasn't voted please ask them to. This is not a question about whether you LIKE single action lethals, it is about whether it is a good direction for them to be heading with the game.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyDecember 26th 2013, 6:58 pm

I voted strongly disagree because double action is always what made Ls special. They were always double action and dual skilled and nobody else except the very best Epics could claim the same thing. Take away the double action and the L might as well be a E. If you want to reduce power curve you should be focusing on not making overpowered abilities, not taking away the very thing that makes Ls unique and desirable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards EmptyJanuary 17th 2014, 10:26 am

Kinda slow at work and I was wondering how the single action Lethals were working out for the people that have them?

I held off voting because I did not believe I had an educated enough experience with Lethals. I didn't really understand what the big deal was cause my only double action experience was Big Rig.....I can now say that I totally disagree with single action Lethals as rewards.

My first reaction was to agree with making SOME single action Lethals for balance purposes. I have now owned 2 different double action Lethals, a D&J, and a Golem (the later 2 I pretty much consider mini-Lethals), and I completely understand now how special double action really is (and addictive, lol). It was crazy the amount of time I put into just saving up/building mercs/trading/waiting to get my first Lethal. I could not imagine putting in the time and effort to win one only to have it be a single action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Action Lethal Rewards   Single Action Lethal Rewards Empty

Back to top Go down

Single Action Lethal Rewards
Page 1 of 1