Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

resources

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fozziev
Rare
Rare
fozziev

resources Empty
PostSubject: resources   resources EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:56 pm

so.....I was wondering how in the world people have enough resources to make lethal runs every event?

I recently made a lethal run and used up all the mags I have been saving for awhile and just barely made it in. There is no way I can spend real money to buy 200 more ac which would equal around the 700 mags I used. That would cost a fortune
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: resources   resources EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 4:00 pm

This is actually something I have been wondering myself. Only thing I could come up with is that they sell the Lethal for the resources they need to make the next run. But if that is the case, where is the point where you actually end up with a Lethal. lol
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: resources   resources EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 4:37 pm

There comes a point of critical mass with this game- at the very very top- where you get a sort of snowball effect with your resources. The players at the top spend very little on events, because they have the ridiculous teams that you can only theorycraft about that let them win with very little overhead. If you are only losing 1-2 pvp matches per event, you can easily get a lethal with a few hundred mags and a couple ps, meaning you make hundreds of selling the lethal.

In one or two months of that, plus event rares, plus a few decent trades, and you could have thousands of resources sitting around. That is pretty much where those players are. I was there too, at one point, so I know how it can happen. It starts building pretty quickly once you get there. I was scraping and saving for 9 months, then all of a sudden in one or two I suddenly had 900 ac in my account that I didn't even remember getting.

I scaled down considerably from there, and now am in a position just below that point, where I can still do reasonably well without large expenses, but like in everything in our world, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. For a free player to break into that level, you are looking at at least 4-5 months of hard and smart playing, with very few mistakes. Ask Legend, he has been doing it since coming back as a free player. Albeit he has had his reputuation in the game to give him so leverage which has helped, but he went from pretty much scratch to running for lethals in about 3-4 months.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: resources   resources EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 4:47 pm

^ This. Mamon has some expert insight given free of charge from someone who has been there and done that.

Once you get a decent team up and running, you can farm plenty of mags in events. I think I farm about 100+ mags per pvp event and still place in the top 50-75 when I'm farming. Of course you can use more regen and less mags and get a lower rank to farm more mags, but then you end up with less event epic rewards, which you can sell for AC. Simple farming for mags will give you enough mags to make a run for a lethal about once every month or two without needing any AC (or at least it could before the Top 15 fiasco). Once you have that good of a team, you don't really need the event epic and can sell them all of for resources every event.

The other way is to play the exchange. This is how I got the snowball rolling again when i started back up. Although the exchange isn't really an option right now with the way the economy is, It usually can be profitable if you know what you are doing (buy low sell high).

The upper tier of players and the balance of resources is in serious flux right now due to recent changes and an influx of organized teams. So in reality we just have to wait and see where the resources-to-lethal ratio lands at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: resources   resources Empty

Back to top Go down

resources
Page 1 of 1