Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overgrown Colossus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare
orionpfaff

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 9:20 am

Is it just me or is this merc bugged?

It's auto attack damage is always about 50% of its attack stat and Parasitic blows does the same x3. Additionally, when Strengthening Spores buffs it should significantly increase the damage of self as well, but as far as I can tell that never happens.

This might make some sense if Dakota had meant to make this a dual action merc, but it is single action. Even if that were the case it wouldn't make a lot of sense though.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 9:25 am

Strengthening spores is 60% of Wis (Around 11K max), which is significantly less than a PE Giga-Primarch v2, which is 100% of a max WIS of 13.6K.

Still, you should see about a 33% increase in damage output of the Overgrown.

Given the track record of Dakota, it is probably bugged.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 10:03 am

I was noticing this in the raid event. I was just thinking my math was wrong, but now that you are experiencing it I believe he is slightly broken. I can see a difference in the adjacent familiars damage, but not in his damage.
Back to top Go down
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare
orionpfaff

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 10:12 am

I'm running a POPE colossus in the middle row.

Stats

I just ran a simple analysis on GK's on the 10th floor

Hitting Keys the avg damage per hit w/o a buff is ~6800

Hitting Keys with a buff the avg damage per hit is ~7200

This was the result of the 4 battles w/Keys. Not a large sample size but the results seem fishy nonetheless. The minimum w/o buff was 6300 and the max w/buff was 8500.

First off, his attack damage in either scenario (buff or not) is significantly lower than advertised. Secondly, I think as a result, his self buff is not working correctly either.

Does this make sense? I usually forget something when I run the match on mercs.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 10:34 am

I am no programmer, but it is entirely possible that an increase in ATK is not a 1:1 when it comes to damage inflicted. It is possible that ATK is reduced by a percentage based on target defense/wis/atk.

So a 33% increase may only increase damage output by a fraction of the increase.

Then again, it all should be relative. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyNovember 25th 2013, 4:41 pm

@orionpfaff, What formation were you using and what position was the colossus in? I just ask so if I ever happen to hit a gatekeeper again Rolling Eyes  I can try to add to the sample size.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyDecember 16th 2013, 11:20 am

I can verify that the Colossus is bugged. Buffed and un-buffed damage are identical.

This has effectively earned a spot on the bench. I was going to replace a Primarch with this guy, but the no-buff option killed it.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
KainHighwind

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyDecember 16th 2013, 11:26 am

I had to bench mine for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
sicXs
Uncommon
Uncommon
sicXs

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus EmptyDecember 16th 2013, 12:23 pm

yeap. no dmg increase even if buffed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overgrown Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overgrown Colossus   Overgrown Colossus Empty

Back to top Go down

Overgrown Colossus
Page 1 of 1