Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Post Nerf PVP teams

Go down 
+11
Daltigoth
ArgentSix
DaedHead8
caya
Atg729
mamoncrief
Arthainius
sphynx187
Ravendill
legendslayer
danthepirate
15 posters
AuthorMessage
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

Post Nerf PVP teams Empty
PostSubject: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 5:33 am

Since people have been saying it has been a bit quiet lately, I thought it might be interesting to see what people were running pre Nerf and what they will be running post Nerf in PVP. Everyone loves a chance to tell everyone about their amazing squad.

So my squads:

Pre Nerf: Lilith - Blue Bot - D&J

Post Nerf: Lilith/D&J/Incinerate - Niobe - D&J (depends on who I face but at the moment there doesn't seem to be much of a difference)

My pre nerf squad was amazing, my post nerf squad is not.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 8:58 am

How are you only running a 3-man team?

My Pre Nerf setup: Blue bot + Marcus + Lilith + Canis + Battlemaster

Post Nerf setup: 3x Niobe + Kenna v2 + Birdkeeper v2 (possibly switching in F-9 for a Niobe if the proc manipulation gets too bad)
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 9:05 am

Using W formation Merc-Blank-Merc-Blank-Merc.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 9:16 am

Interesting. Does that actually give you easier matchups? I guess I assumed they didn't gauge teams based on number of mercs ever since they forced everyone into 5-man formations a few pvps ago.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 9:22 am

I doubt it gives better matchups, but my guess is he's doing it because he wears sunglasses at night.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 10:13 am

Pre-nerf (M formation): lilith-nalac-golem-incin-blue bot

Post-nerf (W formation): nalac-golem-incin-niobe-nalac (Option 1)
lilith-blue bot-lilith-niobe-F9 (Option 2)

I didn't test option 2, but I think it would get decent results. Option 1 is powerful but slooooow.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 10:38 am

Pre nerf : titanfist V2-primarch-titanfist V2- helio V2- daddy V2
Post nerf : daddy v2- mordeo/ blue wasp- titanfist V2/kenna v2- Hanzo V2- daddy V2
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 11:33 am

Just before the nerf I was running something like, Blue-Nocturnal-Hellcat-Double Gun-Nox, but I was experimenting around with what worked best. I liked this because I could chain buffs to super tank status, while also having buff strips to make my team double strong. I tried moving in a golem, or moving blue bot next to hellcat, but I think this is close to what I would have ended up running.

Now I am playing around with other options, but right now I might be running, Incin-Golem-Hellcat-Wasp-Burnfrost
Back to top Go down
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 2:18 pm

I can see niobe gaining a lot of importance.
I m a mid tier player and had a modest team of
lilith-blue bot-cannonback-giga prim-ultra mut.

Now I run niobe-burnfrost-archangel-giga prim-cannonback. Its a proper mixed team. Gives me better results than pure wis/att/agi teams.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 2:21 pm

I like it atg, i think its a super solid team. I think you are right about niobe, I'm kinda sorta a little bit sad that I sold mine.

And that does look like a really dang solid team. Cannonback next to a primarch is just plain scary no matter what, and with niobe thrown in with the BF and Arch is hard hitting team for sure
Back to top Go down
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 2:34 pm

I have 2 niobe- one OPE 150 crystals and another just pe. I m hoping its value rises or it becomes useful in raid.
I m also planning to put f9 mark v4 somewhere once it's done.

All said the whole setup is futile unless the mercs proc. Recently I lost to a team thrice coz its cannonback proc'd twice in every match.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 2:52 pm

My PvP squad wont be much different from the last one ( i dont have BB). The core will most probably consist of Duke - Tigrey combo. OPE tigrey with >11.5k wis will be good improvement. The other wis bonus receiver will either be Giga primarch or blue wasp, depending on the opponent (whether i need fast squad or not). Then i will have OPE doggie and poor 4in1 (but still hard hitting) Canonback.
I did fine last time and i expect even better results due to nerf and upgrade of my squad. \o/
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 3:04 pm

Gotta swap out duke caya, you will see a huge boost one you get something to replace it.

You could try running, F9-wasp-Tigrey-Primarch-Cannonback in the "V" and probably do pretty wicked.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 3:23 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
Gotta swap out duke caya, you will see a huge boost one you get something to replace it.

You could try running, F9-wasp-Tigrey-Primarch-Cannonback in the "V" and probably do pretty wicked.
Yup, i will see whether wasp alternate Duke or Giga. I really like the Duke - Tigrey combo since 40% chance to do 3x 25k wis damage is pretty cool and 56% chance to boost whole team with about 8k HPs helps too.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 4:03 pm

But if you are looking for a wis multi hit you can pick up a PE green bot for 2 resources and he does TWICE the damage of duke. 6x100% instead of 3x100%
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 6:24 pm

I run a lethal squad and an Epic squad. My epic squad isn't going to change much post-nerf. I still plan on running W formation with AGI Merc - Canis - AGI Merc - Blue Bot - AGI Merc. Currently my AGI mercs are Switchblade Vulture v2, Emperor Samurai and Gyro Destroyer but my angel and f9 are almost ready to go.

My lethal squad is getting a huge overhaul and I'm still not sure where the pieces are going to fall. Pre-nerf I was running m-formation with golem v2 - fista v2 - jackson -fista v2 - golem v2. I don't remember what I had in the backrow with the exception of two siren maidens. Post nerf I think I'm going m-formation with helio v2 - golem - jackson - golem - nox v2. Backrow would be siren maiden - tide slayer v2 - leader - tide slayer v2 - siren maiden. I'm not sure if I should still be using fistas in place of the backrow tide slayers or not. I'm going to experiment and see if fista is still decent in PVP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:05 pm

So lust wasn't able to find a home for all those before the great nerf happened huh? I was hoping he had. I'd still love a chance to trade for them, and maybe now that the value has gone down a little I could put together an offer for jackson Smile
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:11 pm

I wear sunglasses 24/7. I only wear Oakleys.

When I am especially feeling it I just run a 1 man team of Burnfrost. She is the most awesomest merc in the whole game.

Edited to fix the spelling mistake at the request of Moderator mamoncrief.

Last edited by danthepirate on October 21st 2013, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:19 pm

^^^ you misspelled "awsomest"
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:31 pm

DaedHead8 wrote:
I run a lethal squad and an Epic squad. My epic squad isn't going to change much post-nerf. I still plan on running W formation with AGI Merc - Canis - AGI Merc - Blue Bot - AGI Merc. Currently my AGI mercs are Switchblade Vulture v2, Emperor Samurai and Gyro Destroyer but my angel and f9 are almost ready to go.

My lethal squad is getting a huge overhaul and I'm still not sure where the pieces are going to fall. Pre-nerf I was running m-formation with golem v2 - fista v2 - jackson -fista v2 - golem v2. I don't remember what I had in the backrow with the exception of two siren maidens. Post nerf I think I'm going m-formation with helio v2 - golem - jackson - golem - nox v2. Backrow would be siren maiden - tide slayer v2 - leader - tide slayer v2 - siren maiden. I'm not sure if I should still be using fistas in place of the backrow tide slayers or not. I'm going to experiment and see if fista is still decent in PVP.
That's a crazy lethal squad. I hope Dakota doesn't get wind of it.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:39 pm

Can't really remember what I ran last PvP cause I changed squads almost everyday, trying to find that sweet spot, lol. This time I'm leaning toward howitzer v2-helio v2- golem-commando v2- kenna v2 in v formation. Been testing it last couple of days and it seems to be pretty good. I may not go first, but with buffs/debuffs I take little damage till my heavy hitters get thier turn, lol.
Back to top Go down
ArgentSix
Uncommon
Uncommon
ArgentSix

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:52 pm

Pre nerf team: (W formation) Black Bot - Blue Bot - Burnfrost v2 - Siren Maiden - Ballistic Betty v2

Post nerf team Option 1: (M formation) Siren Maiden - Golem v2 - Marcus v1 - Mordeo Mutant - Wildchild

Post nerf team Option 2: (W formation) Golem v2 - Marcus v1 - Mordeo Mutant - Tigrey v2 - War Marshal v2

Option 1 gives me lots of double attacks in addition to solid ATK buffs, as well as a nuker in Maiden.

Option 2 gives me the same solid ATK buffs and if the Foresight/Demoralizer buffs happen, then my opponent is going to be hitting me with feather pillows.

I plan on using the F-9 Mark 4 once I get it leveled up and 200 crystals put into it. However right now that might not happen until the PVP after this upcoming event.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 7:56 pm

Option 2 is nice, but only if the force is with your buffers haha. Option 1 is much less chance dependant. If only 1 buff goes you still have a solid lineup. If only Tigrey buffs in option two you are going to be hitting THEM with feather pillows.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 8:46 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
So lust wasn't able to find a home for all those before the great nerf happened huh? I was hoping he had. I'd still love a chance to trade for them, and maybe now that the value has gone down a little I could put together an offer for jackson Smile
Nope, lust didn't sell a single merc to my knowledge and he gave me 99% of his good stuff. I haven't discussed with lust whether or not the mercs are mine to keep. I'm not even sure he's even aware of the nerf and new bannable offenses. But those two things combined mean the mercs are worth diddly squat outside the game (which is exactly what Dakota wanted). So assuming they are mine, I have no idea what sort of offer I would entertain on Jackson. I probably wouldn't be interested in res so much as trying out other lethal mercs. Even so, the collector in me would probably overvalue him past what he is worth competitively.

Either way, I see lust tomorrow night, so I'll discuss it with him then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Daltigoth
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 22nd 2013, 4:37 pm

incin - golem - incin - golem/mordeo - nalac/BM/canis

^^That's what I ran last time and that is what I'll start with this time around. I'll play around with the new epics, niobe, kenna and a few others and see if I can tweak it. But I wont be changing much.
Back to top Go down
guimarae
Rare
Rare
guimarae

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 22nd 2013, 5:23 pm

Pre nerf: M formation blue bot - golem - mordeo - lilith - blue bot
Post nerf: M formation burnfrost/f9- golem - mordeo - titan fist- blue bot

So, i will not change a lot, the only doubt is using burnfrost or f9, probably changing between both
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 23rd 2013, 7:58 am

Pre nerf

buzzard - cannis - buzzard - blue- dutch

In W.

post nerf

cannon-prim-cannis-buzz- prob f9

building a rail gun and a niobe atm so still toying around with my final group
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 23rd 2013, 8:41 am

I'm still very happy having a PE Switchblade Vulture v2, does ~12k damage each hit without AGI buff and if they survive that, they can't proc for two rounds. Underestimated merc, one of my favourites though.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 23rd 2013, 9:05 am

^pretty sure they changed vulture to only silence for 1 turn.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 23rd 2013, 10:48 am

Seems like Lilith, blue wasp, vulture, vulture, F-9 will do the job. Just won over Orzhov and Fbjay and it was even when BW did not proc. \o/
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 23rd 2013, 11:22 am

I'm building an all-round squad because full AGI didn't do what I want it to do. Now making something with Ulfr, Siren, Vulture, F-9 and Canis. Really love this squaf, 2 nukes, 3 multihitters and a protector.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams EmptyOctober 27th 2013, 12:26 pm

Pre nerf:
(solo) Cannonback - empty - Switchblade - empty - Gyro
(w/ loaner of D&J) Cannonback - empty - D&J - empty - Switchblade / Gyro

Post nerf: same (but might try out an 8/250 Archangel when he's done)

FYI: pre-nerf I did not have a Blue Bot. Now I do, but he's sitting the bench at present since he caught the influenza bug that all you shared. Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Nerf PVP teams   Post Nerf PVP teams Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Nerf PVP teams
Page 1 of 1