Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game

Go down 
+17
Zoar1984
sphynx187
souperbean
d1fferent
mamoncrief
darr
Fresh-Fil-A
Arthainius
JoDaHo74
Ravendill
Kendohs
Edwardgrc2
DaedHead8
dokesh123
duavae
aceslifebegins
Strapavelli
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game Empty
PostSubject: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 8:47 pm

It breaks my heart to have to leave, but it a decision I have made 5 minutes ago. I wanted to be one of the top dogs in this game, but the toll it takes on me is just too great. I have been stockpiling res for a month for a shot at an L when it comes, and this event was it. for last 3 days I was inseparable from the phone, it was with me 24/7 and the game was on just as long. I never thought it would actually be the time, and not the res, that is the biggest issue. I really cannot spend 10 days being on my phone for so long, just for a game. To the L hunters, I admire your devotion and your stamina, you all really are greater men then I am.

To everyone here, thank you for the kind world, help, advices, and everything you did for me. I have not yet decided what exactly will I do with my account, but I am sure that I will give out EVERYTHING that is on it. So far, I have decided this:

My best blue bot : to fresh, for he is in need of it just as much as I was when I started and one of the retiring mods (legendslayer) gave one to me.
Samurai: To zoar, since he adressed the retiring issue and politely asked for old school mercs. This one is PE, and served me well.

I have around 300 mags left, and the tittle will be nice, possible 1.3x, since I am at rank 33 atm. Also I will try to give it out to a worthy someone ASAP, it might still have a shot at L. I hope you dont mind wearing my name for an event where you will spend those mags for a worthy L Smile

I made this post now because I am not sure to who I will give out my mercs. I have many high quality mercs, and I Dont want to post them on X for ERKs because I dont want abusing thais to get a single fug bug from my account. You things are the lowest of the low, and it was only RL obligations that kept me from sticking my foot up bosshustler ass 2 days ago when he was in same grp with me, and got double promo for some low ridiculous points. This is pointed out only to the cheating lowlife thais, not everyone. They will recognise themselves in this post, I am sure. I feel more sad then mad, for you have disregarded real life just to be a hotshot in a mobile phone game, making it your profession, and making just enough money to eat the "cheap, broke and wasted" noodles while you farm. You would have a higher quality life working just about any other job in the world.

Back to the thread, post your opinions about who should get my mercs, and who should get my account. After 24 hours I am making the trades and sealing the deal.

The list of mercs for you to take:

Emperor samurai
PE mecha horde
Big rig
Big rig
tigrey pact
Giga primarch pact
PE techno Valkyrie
PE cannonback reaver
Blue bot
blue bot
blue bot
vulture (1 *** and 5 *)
a few rogue assault mechs, some pact some PE, usefull for a agi raid team

Last edited by Laks0n on March 27th 2015, 10:44 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare
Strapavelli

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 9:24 pm

Seems like everyone is quitting, sucks to see you go man even though we never really talked much, you made me laugh lol.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 9:30 pm

Damn Lak it sucks to see you go. Good luck in life and everything you do
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 9:41 pm

thanks for the nice worlds strap, you were one of the people I looked up to in this game, I still have no fuckin idea how you manage to score that many points

thanks ace you too bud
Back to top Go down
duavae
Epic
Epic
duavae

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 9:46 pm

it is sad to see another good man go. good luck and all the best in life and whatever you do man.
Back to top Go down
dokesh123
Epic
Epic
dokesh123

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 9:57 pm

Live free brother...
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 21st 2013, 10:18 pm

I'm starting to fear checking in on the forum these days. Hep, now Laks. Man, TFB is not going to be the same without you. But I can totally relate to those feelings and your decision. Stay frosty and check back in on us from time to time will you...
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 12:32 am

Not what I expected to see upon logging in. You're one of my favorite peeps on this board Laks and I'm sad to see you go. You should really consider playing casually once in awhile when the event rare looks interesting. You don't need to hunt Ls to have fun in the Frontier. Best of luck whatever you do man. Oh and check your PM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic
Edwardgrc2

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 1:00 am

Good luck Laks0n.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 1:09 am

Laks, I completely understand your desire to have a more balanced life.  Perhaps instead of competing in the events and stressing yourself out, you could take a step back and consider what some have said elsewhere in the forum of waiting for the L's to arrive on the X and then buy the one, or more than one, that appeals to you.

Then you can play the events as you choose to play, and when you choose to play regardless of the rewards dangled in front of you and the rest of us.  My thought is that will be how I will be able to continue playing the game and enjoying the forum.

Moderation is the key.  May you be comfortable in whatever decision you choose to make.  To play, to retire, to sell off your mercs, to fusion them all into a Lost Priestess.  The choice is yours to make.  Free will is the blessing each of us has during our time on this earth.  

Live joyfully and Godspeed!
Back to top Go down
Kendohs
Rare
Rare
Kendohs

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 6:34 am

Damn laks, another trusted player gone, just as I got my skype working lol.
Gl in whatever comes next for u m8.

Ps. Dont forget the blue bot Wink
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 6:55 am

Thank you all for the kind words. As I said I will give out my entire acc, so I edited the original post with the list and what is left.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 9:01 am

Damnit man! It sux to see you go, but sometimes the best thing you can do is to just remove yourself from the situation.

I wish you well in your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 9:05 am

Jo is sad to see you go, too. I understand completely what you are going thru. Good Luck. I would make good use of your mercs...just sayin...
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 9:41 am

You guys are mistaking my reasons for this wave of grief that is hitting atm. I really like the game, and enjoyed playing it, but after I have seen how much time and devotion it takes to score an L, I just had to admit to myself that I cannot afford it. Guess I'm the first guy that quit cause he got the res, but aint got the time Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 10:02 am

Well I'm glad you seem to be happy with your decision, that's the important bit.

Edit: I responded to your PM but it's sitting in the outbox. I'm hanging out in the wiki chat if you want to talk in real time. I'm going to the lake in a couple hours and I won't be near a cell/wifi connection for a couple days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic
Edwardgrc2

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 10:30 am

Lask0n many FF veterans quit cause they didn't have the time and had toms of resources .
Or had tons of resources and their girlfriends\wives were breaking up.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 10:58 am

Peace lakson
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 12:18 pm

Laks0n, thank you for the best possible gift you could give me. As much as I'd like to have that CXB-2000U, it would be more fun if you kept playing. But that's a choice you'll have to make.
If you ever chose to come back to play the game, make sure you contact me and I'll try to help you out as much as I can !

Grtz
Fresh-Fil-A
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 22nd 2013, 1:55 pm

Laks, I would be honored to "pose" as you for the remainder of the PVP, and with my work situation I would be able to spend the time necessary.

That said, with my home life in turmoil, please consider someone like Aces as your proxy for pursuing another L. Alternatively, I would suggest any of the forum folks currently within the top 50 because they know what is necessary to reach for the L's, the time and talent to succeed, and have a passion for the PVP event. Considering some of the various backstories I've gathered over my time in the forum, in no particular order, my thoughts for "Laks0n champion" nominees would be Zoar, mamoncrief, Duavae, Strap, Art, Ryback, Raven, and a few others. Check with them to see if they would be willing to split duties to win an L across multiple accounts.

Also, if you don't have anyone asking, I would be honored if you were willing to send me your Cannonback for safekeeping. Let me know when / if you choose to return and I'll have a Mecha Horde & the Cannonback ready for you to enjoy the game again.

Godspeed!
Back to top Go down
darr
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 23rd 2013, 6:16 am

Best of luck in the "real world" laks. Sorry to see you go but you raised a good point.

The amount of time needed to play competitively, what should be, a game in your spare time is astronomical. It pretty much can become a full-time job and a lot of players already have one of those ;-) In addition to a girlfriend/wife. Mine refers to herself as a FF-WAG...which some of you based in the UK and Ireland will get ;-)

I would love to see some shorter events being thrown out to us (2-3 days)...in addition to the longer ones for the players with more free time. I've noticed that quite a number of well-respected players are leaving what is already a relatively small community of players. If dakota release shorted events it may encourage those players to stay around and take part in them as I'm sure they would all like to be able to keep playing FF.

Sorry about this being off-topic but what laks was at the beginning rang a bell with me and maybe if there are some shorter events on the horizon he, and others, may be interested in hanging around...

Maybe I should post this in the General forum to generate some debate around this topic and see if the developer who appeared on the forums recently has any opinion on the idea??
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 23rd 2013, 12:23 pm

Suggestions mate, it's a great idea, throw it over there so we can all +1 it and maybe get some attention to it.
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 23rd 2013, 4:24 pm

3 day events wont come, they could not award Ls for is since it would flood the game, and they would lose a lot.

Well time to wrap this up, I gave out all the good stuff on my account.

Signing off.

Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game Nwld

vacation time!
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 23rd 2013, 4:57 pm

peace homie!
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 24th 2013, 2:45 pm

Cya laks0n,

Shame I never got much of a chance to get to you know you, but its quite obvious that your an asset to these forums and community, im sure you will be greatly missed.

Good luck with what your doing and remember we can all be casual without having to go for L's Smile

Back to top Go down
souperbean
Rare
Rare
souperbean

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyAugust 25th 2013, 3:32 pm

Thanks Laks.

best of luck in the real world
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 27th 2015, 10:42 am

And vacation time is over, I'm back. So many new things to the game, and the best part is I forgot most tactics so I can enjoy this game all over again. Hype!
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 27th 2015, 10:52 am

welcome back. I have a gaggle of recent event r's if you want a new shiny toy to play with.
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 27th 2015, 11:23 am

sphynx187 wrote:
welcome back. I have a gaggle of recent event r's if you want a new shiny toy to play with.

I'll take any help I can get now, since I gave out all my resources and characters before I quit :/ But I got 6 omega cells somehow and pulled a legendary out of it Very Happy it's a Boom Boxer I still dont know the value but it looks like a good support-ish merc.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 27th 2015, 11:26 am

LaksOn? Now that is a blast from the past. You sure you want to play this game again? Make sure you read up on the forum as things have certainly changed over time.
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 27th 2015, 1:50 pm

Zoar1984 wrote:
LaksOn?  Now that is a blast from the past.  You sure you want to play this game again?  Make sure you read up on the forum as things have certainly changed over time.

Yeah I need something to casually play while I'm studying for the next few months at least. I wanted Blood Brothers but I dont like the graphics and the player base is way too high for me to ever get a good event placement without spending 10 hours chained to the game every day. The new stuff I have seen so far is

pay2play affinity chamber
leader cap increased
genebound tradeables (The casual in me is screaming no but the money hungry bastard is screaming YEAH)
not so important after this

I'm interested in a few things now:

It was pretty easy before to make a good pile of ammo cans and syringes. Is that greatly reduced now because of that genebound thing?
I'm making a new account. Should I stay 3 man squad, go for 4 man or 5 man for PvP fights?
Has the playerbase been reduced or increased?
Back to top Go down
Pyronain
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 28th 2015, 1:09 am

In my opinion with the genebound items, I feel like the value of Ammo Canisters and Power Shots has increased, any mercs in the exchange seems quite affordable and cheap to get. On to your question, yes its greatly reduced because of the genebound

The playerbase seems quite small now, so the competition isn't that fierce ( with the exceptions of hardcore lethal hunters)

Not sure how to answer your PvP, so I won't give out my opinions.

Welcome back to the game though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 29th 2015, 9:38 pm

Welcome aboard. I think I started playing around the time you left. If there are any older mercs you are trying to build, let me know as I might have a couple r1 or e1 versions lying around that I am no longer using. e.g. Tigrey, Pulseweaver, Martial, Junker War Marshal, etc.

PVP still seems to be better with a 3 man team, but having the full squad for RAID, Gates, etc events is still very useful. You can typically pick up only one GB ammo can or BE per event, but GE syringes come a little more often when turning in the rare caches at the end of each run than I remember before. (Not nearly enough to restock between Infinity Gates events however).
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 5:53 am

Thanks. I think I'll be going for a 4 or 5 man team. Stacking up syringes, mags, cans etc. Until something worth comes along and then I'll go all out. Last time I tried I finished around 25th place with no allies. Thank you for the old mercs offer but I only have 2 R1 scorpions and a buzzard Smile not worth the effort with all the new rares.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare
pglandis

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 2:10 pm

I guess I was thinking old-for-me but new-for-you. I also have e3 or e4 mercs that are not quite OPE and have been replaced by newer builds which you could have if you are trying to fill out your team. I'll try to put together a list sometime, but I'm pretty busy right now.
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 2:53 pm

Sure, i am interested in any merc with over 10k stats. Let me know what you have when you can.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 8:57 pm

Laks, hit me up & I can set you up with some goodies.

H
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 9:07 am

I added you ingame Heptathlete. Thank you all for helping me out get back on my feet, this is why I want to keep playing this game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game   Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game Empty

Back to top Go down

Game over... Lol nope, no1 can realy quit this game
Page 1 of 1