Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!

Go down 
+7
aceslifebegins
heptathlete
mamoncrief
sphynx187
JoDaHo74
Zoar1984
darr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
darr
Uncommon
Uncommon

alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! Empty
PostSubject: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 6:00 am

I was happily wandering along through the new content, levelling up some tigreys as I enjoyed the scenery. Then out popped these demented lads and repeatedly jumped up & down on me like 5 angry kids in a sweet shop - biting, kicking and scratching until they had their evil way with my tigreys & their friends.

Onto the bat-phone and called in 2 black bots, 2 blues and a canis...for some righteous retribution...or so I thought! One tap on the phone later and the steroid-fuelled Alpha Rexs were happily munching their way through my A team and for dessert had my EVE & Graff.

Managed to capture one of the lunatics just to see what type of stats it has...nothing above 500! From what I remember the tower-minions have their stats boosted during an encounter compared to their base stats. But I wasn't aware that this also happened within regular content. Or is my Rex-fevered imagination playing tricks on me?
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 8:13 am

Nope. You are correct. I got owned as well. Called in the "A Team" and they got owned as well. You are right calling Shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 8:36 am

Yea, my A team got owned as well, lol. I put in blue bot, duke, knuckledriver, giga prim, junker(other than blue, my second line basically) and with a rare full team proc, spanked them rex into submission, lol.
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 9:18 am

I spent all my ERK finishing the new area, trying to level my mercs...Those alpha rex are fkers
Back to top Go down
darr
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 10:15 am

A relief, in a way, that at least some other people are experiencing this also as I could see no other mention of it in the forum.

I don't mind a bit of a challenge while working through content but considering that the remainder of the beasties I meet go heels-up as soon as I look at them, it's a bit disconcerting to fall into a pack of these Schwarzenegger-Rexs and have them get medieval all over my ass. scratch
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 10:33 am

Yeah, those alpha rex will 2-hit kill my incinerate.

And when my blue decides to not proc (almost always against the rex), only my 15K agi lockdown goes before the demented lizards run a train on my A team.

And I can guarantee you that if you made a perfect 8/1 rex they wouldn't have over 13K agi ffs.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 12:40 pm

Haha Schwarzenegger-Rexs want you to get to the choppa' and flee the new content.

But seriously, it is like those annoying robots with the twinslash skill that would always seem to target the merc you were leveling to make you waste erks in the last level of the previous content. These guys are just there to make life a pain and make leveling not only mind numbing, but frustrating to boot.

my favorite is when my A team (blue bot-frozen golem-hanzo-titanfist-hanzo) barely squeaks by a win. I haven't had them lose yet, but I have had fights where two or more have bit the dust before I win.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 1:23 pm

Sounds like it's time for the big boys to pull out the bandages, aloe vera and B-12. How long has it been since y'all have been scratching your collective heads?

Back to the Emily Dickenson poem ... Success is counted sweetest, eh? Shocked 
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 1:26 pm

Whew okay i wasn't the only one like wtf lmao

When i saw my golem and both d&j get dropped like bad habits i knew something was going on

I tucked and ran
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 1:42 pm

Ah Ha! Found the perfect use for the Ashmaker, use him here with your resurrection mercs.

Ashmaker - Blue Bot - - Blue Bot -

Amplify your defense, destroy their defense, annihilate everything, resurrect your squad.

Easy peazy ... drunken Only problem is you have to survive your own destruction. affraid  The downside of mutually assured destruction - we all die. Hence the motto, "kill 'em all & let God sort it out".
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 1:45 pm

oops ... squad line should have been rendered as:

Ash - Blue - healer - Blue - demoralizer

This text editor doesn't like certain key combination.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 1:46 pm

Selling 2x legacy Ashmakers (Denied instead of destruct your own squad skill). 100 ammo cans each! Required for progressing through the PvE content!
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 1:56 pm

Dayum ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 6th 2013, 4:43 pm

I am also selling my legacy Ashmaker..... for 99 AC and 1 crystal. Any takers? Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
darr
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 6:18 am

At least when you hobble by them the very last zone is Schwarzenegger-Rex free so you can get back to levelling some little fellas and replenishing ERKs.

Yep mamoncrief, I remember those twin-slahing fruit-cakes also...didn't do much for my sanity!
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 6:31 am

Only formation I managed to break through those Alpha's was; W-formation

Power Lancer v2 - Giga-Primarch - Cmdr. Brodey - Wasteland Rider - Canis Bulwark v2

And even then they slaughtered all mercs except for my Canis.
My tactic right now is just let all mercs die once and when you encounter those Alpha's again, fight with leader only, so you only need to revive your leader.
Back to top Go down
blandquick
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 6:56 am

Thanks for the info. Why go through if there is no reward? Where is all front row and all back row? I posted already about this...I noticed the new area doesn't scale with the difficulty in terms of xp. I stopped at the 4th area.
Back to top Go down
darr
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 7:12 am

Yep, I was also expecting a new formation to be released so it's a bit strange.

Keep pushing through though and the very last zone has no more Alpha Rex's. What gets me though as it's actual stats are crap when you capture one and have a look...but it hits like a mule on drugs when you meet it in a zone and it's def+HP must be pretty damn high also.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyAugust 7th 2013, 12:49 pm

The tip for this new area has already been posted- get through the content and the last stage of level 4 is a cake walk. No alpha rex's and no twin slashy guys. It is actually a better leveling stage than bitter descent, though I feel like in bitter descent is better for farming chests, since the loot was usually distributed heavily on one or two paths. Still for leveling, stage 5 of final area of new content is the new best zone.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! EmptyOctober 2nd 2013, 1:29 am

alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! 15209d10

Since we started another thread on this- and cause I felt like being a little bit of a necromancer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!   alpha - Alpha Rex - ate my shorts! Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha Rex - ate my shorts!
Page 1 of 1