Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but

Go down 
+7
sphynx187
DaedHead8
Nimey
AtomicHermit
legendslayer
xiore
Laks0n
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but Empty
PostSubject: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 23rd 2013, 6:49 pm

Just suprised by the whole "I am beyond lazy but want to make so much money" atitude. I am a man of very broad views, so I am not suprised that they used a code from another game to upgrade this one, but seriously, at least have enough brain to check it before you just put it in.

I found a little gem while a zone was loading. It said "the eastern plaguelands contains goblins..." BB folks will get it. So many times I see and hear stuff like "I got so tired I actually got some work done today". It sucks because you treat it like a sucky thing. I really hope Dakota fires whoever was in charge of this, and starts doing some improvements here that will earn more money because we will want to give it to play the game, instead of them trying to suck it from us like water from a dry wood.

Last edited by Laks0n on June 28th 2013, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Since a lot of ppl are missreading, let me clarify: I do not condemn the fact that they coppied BB code into FF, it's a logical move, but the fact that they did not even bother to even rename the files, or remove the BB loading messages. It is their job.)
Back to top Go down
xiore
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 23rd 2013, 6:57 pm

bb code was in this game since day 1. first raid event npc was asking if you want to drink loroc blood.
whole FF is BB dressed in dif art. i would say thats a good thing but some1 else maybe want something different. check marvel war of heroes for best ex. copy of rob. and with license for marvel chars i would look for bb/ff clone in marvel universe soon.(or at last i hope for one)
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 23rd 2013, 7:27 pm

We know it's a BB clone, but what struck me was the mentally challenged worker who was in charge of transiting the code. You can rewrite a single code line to earn your wage, not just sit around and stare at the monitor...
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 24th 2013, 8:52 am

The back end json code file is literally named 'bb_game_data.json' ... talk about lazy
Back to top Go down
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 1:49 pm

Hey Guys,

I think you guys are over simplifying this and not being fair in the developers.

FF and BB until recently were both owned by the same company: DeNA. So it was natural they used the same engine. So it is no surprise they have similar game mechanics. So do many other games on the Mobage platform.  And it is surprisingly a standard industry practice to use a good proven engine to make more games based on it.

Remember Baldur’s Gate 1&2, Icewind dale 1 &2 and Planescape Torment ? All used the same Infinity engine. Fallout 3 ? It used the same engine as ES Oblivion, both made by Bethesda.

But in each case there is a dedicated team that makes its own art, music, animation and storyline to give you a different experience. Along the way, each game brings its own thing to the mix and make slightly different features adapted from the engine to give its players a new experience. And any refinements that one team makes, it is shared with the other teams.
 Infinity Gates ? It is new to the engine, BB does not have it. BB has one event that FF does not have it. And so on and so forth.

But each game has 30-100 staff  on the team, and takes an average of 3-6 months development time to bring you that game and give that different experience, which a large number of players get to play for free.

So, no they are not being lazy, they are using the tools at hand, to give ‘most of you’ a great game to play, free of charge.Smile
Back to top Go down
Nimey
Rare
Rare
Nimey

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 3:07 pm

Dakota wasn't called lazy for using the BB code but for not adapting the storyline as you called it. In loading times there are the descriptions for the BB regions!
Back to top Go down
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon
AtomicHermit

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 3:20 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. Some things must have been overlooked at a recent code share maybe.Rolling Eyes
That criticism is justified.
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare
Laks0n

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 4:15 pm

AtomicHermit wrote:

But in each case there is a dedicated team that makes its own art, music, animation and storyline to give you a different experience.

As much as I like the idea of "eastern underworld" on Vel-IV, I kind of think it's a lazy overlook rather then a good spice to our storyline
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 4:30 pm

@Atomic Hermit

As a game developer myself, I would like to point out that there is a huge difference between using the same game engine and copy/pasting entire blocks of code.

Also, after the last PVP event, calling FF a "great game" is a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 4:45 pm

@Atomic Hermit

One of the recurring complaints on this forum is the alleged intentional manipulation of the processing rates of FF characters. Also, most recently, the mechanism that select the PVP match-ups seemed to have changed drastically.

A little transparency here would go a long way.

For proc rates, an explanation on how seemingly very rare events (like 5-70% skills not proc'ing) can occur with regularity. Even a simple "We don't know but we are working on it" would give Dakota street cred with the forum crowd.

For PVP match-ups, if Dakota's intent is to have each and every match opponent be of equal or greater strength than the player's team, so be it. We just feel major game mechanic changes, especially for those of us who have been playing since last October, should be explained.
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic
iirybackii

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 4:55 pm

Yeah, if the game was balanced and honest like it should be, then I would totally be much more forgiving of little stuff like this, especially if I knew they were working hard on improving other things like fixing the PVP scaling system, process rates and actually providing some content to compliment the artwork (again, some updates on this forum would be nice, Dakota; you're shooting yourselves in the foot by not interacting here).

But really, it's the small stuff like this is where we get the expression, "the straw that broke the camel's back" because the fact of the matter is that we have no idea what's going on with this game.

Here is how I imagined the last update occurring in my head: Developer rushes into the office over the weekend, leaves the car running with the hazard lights on in the loading zone, runs into the office, turns on computer, pulls up the BB 10-man pvp code, jams it and everything else attached to it (including descriptions for BB map regions) into FF game, checks Mobage coin thermometer (in my head, they have a big thermometer on the wall that shows real-time updates on how much cash the game is bringing in; it's right next to the Fug-Bug-o-meter), turns computer off, locks up office, resumes weekend, all in under 10 minutes.

You see? Without any communication, this is what we'll do. We'll demonize these people because they don't seem to care anything about managing public relations and customer satisfaction. This is one reason why this game will fail and it's sad, because it doesn't take that long to post a comment or two per day on this forum to mitigate damage like this or simply tell us that they're reading our criticisms and solutions and taking them into consideration.

It's not that time-consuming and it would go a long way to restoring their heavily damaged reputation, especially after this last PVP event. Because there's only so many times they can shit on a plate, claim it's steak and tell us to eat up before nobody wants to eat their shit anymore. Posting on here would help begin to reassure us that they're not trying to feed us shit, but instead make a game that will be fun for us and profitable for them.

We're not stupid; we know they need to make a profit, but not like how they did this last event. That just showed a complete lack of discernment and branded them as apathetic, greedy (or, at the very least, desperate, I don't know which is worse) game developers.

EDIT: HA! Sphyxie beat me to it. Nice!
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 5:40 pm

Dakota should hire me as their Social Media Coordinator as they desperately need one. I have dual degrees in Game Development and Communications and I'd be more than willing to be the messenger who falls on the sword every time they do something that upsets the community.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 5:57 pm

Could they pay you in Moba coins?
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 6:05 pm

They'd probably have no choice. lol!
Back to top Go down
dansilveras
Rare
Rare
dansilveras

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 25th 2013, 8:24 pm

Ugh no way I would do that job. Working in tech support falling on the sword all the time for the company yeah..... it wears on you.
Back to top Go down
bretfort
Common
Common
bretfort

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 27th 2013, 8:25 am

Most of us forget that FF has some features which are not part of BB. Their code base is different in some places as well. I assume that with the latest code share they were running short of resources and time to merge their changes in the BB.

We need to keep in mind that Dakota is a different company and earlier skinning was done by Gameview studios. I am just taking it as a fresh reskin of blood brothers and hoping that in 2 ~ 3 updates it will be great again, with new features exclusive to FF.
Back to top Go down
AceBurn
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but EmptyJune 28th 2013, 4:19 am

bretfort wrote:
Most of us forget that FF has some features which are not part of BB. Their code base is different in some places as well. I assume that with the latest code share they were running short of resources and time to merge their changes in the BB.

We need to keep in mind that Dakota is a different company and earlier skinning was done by Gameview studios. I am just taking it as a fresh reskin of blood brothers and hoping that in 2 ~ 3 updates it will be great again, with new features exclusive to FF.

It may be that on the tin that they appear different companies but in the inside they are just the same hence why we see the copy paste cropping up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but   So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but Empty

Back to top Go down

So, Dakota literally coppied BB code into FF,but
Page 1 of 1