Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Rares are interesting...

Go down 
+7
Dukekiwi
-Zzz
bwjoejr
Mise187
Karthunk
legendslayer
Mudflap
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudflap
Common
Common

New Rares are interesting... Empty
PostSubject: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 12:46 pm

I just got a content download and checked it out.

There are 4 new rares:
Snow Sprite R** (Relentless Assault)
Shatai R** (Alien Offense)
Vandin R** (Broad Swings)
Snow Commando R** (Widow Maker)

No new EPs or Ls that I could see.

Not sure how I feel about that. Not sure what kind of event fits having just 4 R**s. Maybe they're just new squadmates.
Back to top Go down
karthunk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 1:16 pm

Only rares with a single evolution? Meh, I don't see these guys changing the current market at all.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 1:39 pm

There's a new winter zone out. Maybe they are just standard game additions and not related to an event.
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 1:50 pm

Ooooo, maybe we will get the 5 man squad at some point with the new area. The exp increase will be very nice.
Back to top Go down
Mudflap
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 1:56 pm

Yeah, 5 man would be nice.

Experience with the 4 man has gone from 117 to 158 (typically).
Back to top Go down
Mise187
Rare
Rare
Mise187

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 2:57 pm

Unfortunatly they are just 2* R so not much impact on the game. Wonder wich FAM they will introduce onto next event since there is no 4* in this content.
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 3:19 pm

The data shows if you look at it on your phone/tablet. The new event reward will have Anzu (bb card) stats with killing spree skill ( meta-mutant skill ) and the lethal will have Collateral Damage skill ( only one this time around ).
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 3:56 pm

More interesting info: the second zone has lots of rares and they are capturable.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:05 pm

bwjoejr wrote:
The data shows if you look at it on your phone/tablet. The new event reward will have Anzu (bb card) stats with killing spree skill ( meta-mutant skill ) and the lethal will have Collateral Damage skill ( only one this time around ).

Only one lethal prize??

I still don't fully understand how to get this info from the JSON, etc
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:13 pm

I meant only one skill this time around unlike marcus and clause.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:20 pm

oO. Thats a relief...I was gonna have to push reaally hard to be the sole owner of the new L

It would be kinda cool if they did that tho
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:29 pm

Im not impressed (surprise) with the new fams

The anzu/killing spree combo is slightly faster than an Ultra Mutant, but the rest of the stats aren't an improvement over mutant

The L will have Aegis stats I assume, which is a horrible fit for Collateral Damage. They should have kept it as a defensive or counter skill like it was designed

Once again we have poor poor selection of skills

I guess I should be happy that my Widow/Santa reign of terror will not be interrupted any time soon, but these dev decisions are baffling Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dukekiwi
Epic
Epic
Dukekiwi

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:34 pm

could b griflet stats then would b awesome
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:37 pm

Quote :
The new event reward will have Anzu (bb card) stats with killing spree skill

So we are getting a Ghislandi for the rare prize. I can live with that!
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:50 pm

Quote :
I guess I should be happy that my Widow/Santa reign of terror will not be interrupted any time soon, but these dev decisions are baffling

Honestly the devs went overboard with both of those fams. It's power creep in 6th gear when you place a fam, in a game that is still full of fairly weaks fams, into the mix that can self buff it's attack over 20k and has a secondary skill that does 300% attack to three targets.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 4:54 pm

Dukekiwi wrote:
could b griflet stats then would b awesome

That would be amazing, but they if they continue the trend of recycling BB pvp event rewards than Anzu and Aegis stat squadmates will be paired together

If thats the case next pvp event L will have DOPPLE stats bounce
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 5:02 pm

^Mobage/DeNA/Gameview know nothing of power-creep and balance, or at least they don't give a shit

I totally agree with you BTW, but the sole design of the FTP business model is to get a small percentage of your playerbase addicted and milk their wallets dry. It seems that FF isn't even doing that correctly tho

This game needs new balanced content and VARIETY. The fact that two of the top ten fams have Killing spree, another two have ATK buff, and ANOTHER two have Torrent of Flame is retarded

These games aren't good, but at least BB PvP seems to have improved since I quit...Ugh

/rant
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 5:42 pm

Here is the new lethal information. Sorry at work, so I am slow on updates right now.

name Hellcat
maxHp 11951
maxAtk 9163
maxDef 12775
maxWis 8585
maxAgi 8160
Back to top Go down
OKRedleg
Admin
Admin
OKRedleg

PostSubject: Fatal Frontier Wiki Updated   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 6:06 pm

I can't get to the images atm, but they will be up before tonight.

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Fatal_Frontier_Data_File_%28JSON%29

New Region with new Areas.
5-Wide Formations have been released
Bunch of new familiars, lamest of them being Hellcat, a Lethal with 8160 AGI and Collateral Damage...and AGI based attack.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 6:42 pm

Oh wow, a Lethal with 8k agility and an agi-baased attack! There's actually a better epic with better stats that everyone can get for free! The Collateral Damage warlord!

Ick. And I was contemplating a run for top 30 too. Meh.
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 6:56 pm

Ya, I know right. I will be mostly be doing the pvp battles to get the title bonus in prep for the next raid event. Which should be Chaotic Magma Giant stat wise.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 6:59 pm

Pfft. It's even worse than I thought
Back to top Go down
Mise187
Rare
Rare
Mise187

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 7:26 pm

Holy shit, that lethal is awful 8160 agi :/. The other guy looks pretty interesting but i guess im not gonna push this event, will save resources for the raid Very Happy

BTW anyone knows when the pvp event will start?
Back to top Go down
OKRedleg
Admin
Admin
OKRedleg

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 7:36 pm

Images are uploaded on the Wiki for all the familiars released today.
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 7:51 pm

Good job bro, at least they look ok.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 8:01 pm

Some first-glance thoughts on the new rares:

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Sprite_v2
Poor man's rogue assault mech @ 5.5k-6.0k AGI. Still great to have for raid events and pvp for anyone, from lower-tier players to even high-tier players who need something to fit in the gaps.

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Commando_v2
His space marine artwork doesn't reflect his low defense IMO. Widow Maker is good for PVP for lower-tier players.

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Shatai,_Etai_Shaman_v2
Interesting. A purely unique (for FF) 3-man ATK buffer @ 8k WIS. Must-have for lower-tier players. Looks like he came out of a Disney movie.

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Vandin,_Etai_Lord_v2
Cool artwork. Trash stats and trash skill.
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Merc
Developer
Developer
Marcus the Merc

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 8:13 pm

You guys work very fast. Impressive Very Happy

You might want to check on the Lethal's stats and skills when the event actually starts.

Something tells me that they will change very soon.
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 8:25 pm

Question that comes to my mind... " Howww doo you knooow "
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 10:50 pm

The Auto-Turret Engineer doesn't seem to bad at first glance. Nothing game breaking, but definitely useful... http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Turret_Engineer_v2
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 11:37 pm

Wow, I hadn't noticed that. It is very comparable to an Ultra Mutant v2, only slightly lacking in physical attack and defense. Higher WIS makes it more useful against WIS teams.

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra_Mutant_v2

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Turret_Engineer_v2
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 6:50 am

I like the new skills on the lethal.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 8:54 am

Yet another Unstoppable Force. The Foresight makes it unique enough, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 10:25 am

Definitely a WIS team member. The WIS buff is nice, but there are no squadmates worth using, even with the buff. I had a OPE Ultra Harbinger for a while, which hit for a MASSIVE 4-5k damage when it procced. That's about what my Gorger* was proccing for with his Unstoppable Force when i was leveling him. I can't really see where this Lethal will be useful for anything but bragging rights. Especially since he goes dead last to every high-end squadmate that exists.
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 10:45 am

They arent giving the turret as a point reward?
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 11:08 am

They do at 150k pts you will get one Karthunk
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 11:16 am

Cool, they didnt have it listed in the rewards section like usual.
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 11:22 am

The skills on the lethal could be better like since unstoppable force is already op pair it up with a def buff instead of a wis buff.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 2:20 pm

Marcus the Merc wrote:
You guys work very fast. Impressive Very Happy

You might want to check on the Lethal's stats and skills when the event actually starts.

Something tells me that they will change very soon.

I like this guy. I don't know what the heck is going on here...but I like this guy
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 2:25 pm

bwjoejr wrote:
The skills on the lethal could be better like since unstoppable force is already op pair it up with a def buff instead of a wis buff.

I like the WIS buff. Santa is like an assault Primarch and now Hellcat is like an assault Tigrey

Think about an AGI buff L cheers
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Merc
Developer
Developer
Marcus the Merc

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 4:10 pm

Oh, well thank you. I'm betting that the Dev team listens to their core users.

I doubt you'll see another Unstoppable Force for a while.

How are you guys hacking the .json file? It's not cheating, so I doubt the Dev team cares, but I'd be curious to know how you're doing it.
Back to top Go down
Medinforlife
Rare
Rare
Medinforlife

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 4:19 pm

There is no hack... you can read game data as a text file.
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Merc
Developer
Developer
Marcus the Merc

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 4:32 pm

Ah, so you're just extracting it and beautifying it. Got it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 6:27 pm

Quote :
His space marine artwork doesn't reflect his low defense IMO. Widow Maker is good for PVP for lower-tier players.

What is the modifier on widow and off of what stat? Can't find any info on it from wiki. Does it always hit three targets or does it just hit one side of a formation?
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 6:38 pm

Widow Maker is atk based and it's basically 3 regular attacks instead of one when it procs
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 18th 2013, 10:19 pm

The Widow maker is very meh. I encountered a boss, in the snow area, that used it on my crew; it hit for ~1k max on the front row.

I was looking forward to some new fams taking the pressure off of everyone wanting metas and event fams; would be nice to have an active market! To make fams that are a step backwards from a rogue assault is a huge waste of time.
Back to top Go down
OKRedleg
Admin
Admin
OKRedleg

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 19th 2013, 12:39 am

Marcus the Merc wrote:
Ah, so you're just extracting it and beautifying it. Got it, thanks.

I've written a few programs to simplify the tasks, it's what I use to parse the JSON file into a spreadsheet I keep on google for you all to use, then I use it to generate templates I've been uploading to the Wiki. I finished my 3rd program tonight which leeched all of the familiar's "Miniature" images off of Blood Brothers Servers. I'll be getting Fatal Frontiers done next. My next trick will be to parse out the Event, Step, and Result traffic that I'm getting through Blue Stacks and a packet sniffer.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 19th 2013, 12:52 am

Karthunk wrote:
The Widow maker is very meh. I encountered a boss, in the snow area, that used it on my crew; it hit for ~1k max on the front row.

I was looking forward to some new fams taking the pressure off of everyone wanting metas and event fams; would be nice to have an active market! To make fams that are a step backwards from a rogue assault is a huge waste of time.

Those new fams are just to fill up the new story map/area and not necessarily to be used. At least they look pretty and the new content stands apart from the whole desolate planet color scheme. They do serve to dilute the coin pool though.

I agree that some nice new pact fam "promotions" like we see in BB are in order
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... EmptyJanuary 19th 2013, 12:59 am

I pressed X to JSON.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rares are interesting...   New Rares are interesting... Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rares are interesting...
Page 1 of 1