Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The exchange

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karthunk
Anonymous

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 12:18 pm

I'm on the fence with Fatal Frontier. In BB I was able, after a month or so, to pull together a decient squad because the market is, mostly, fair with 1:1 trades. In this game 98% of the trades are just laughable. You want a widow or a betty for your meta.... really?

I was thinking about trying to 8 x 1* my paindeer but I need one more, so I decide to take a look at the great old exchange....

and there is a list of offers involving metas, tinkers, gorgs, or primarch for a paindeer.... for a paindeer... a PAINDEER.

Outside of silver coins and events how are you guys putting together good squads? Sure there is snipe here and to place well in the events you need the right squad. I'm just not seeing a way to move forward.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 2:34 pm

It can be done. I am making a killing on the exchange. The release of Gorger has really improved things.

I agree that minor stuff like Paindeer and Harbinger get posted for ridiculous terms tho
Back to top Go down
Mise187
Rare
Rare
Mise187

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 3:40 pm

I've started around a month ago so I'm prolly your man.

On my side I've been playing FF pretty much hardocre in the last month and I'm actually sitting on a decent squad made by : Meta-mutant v2 13k+ atk - primarch EP3 (R2+R2) - Primarch EP3 (R1+R2) - Kill Klaus (wohoo!).

Now from my experience I'd say you need to spent some money to reach a decent team for 2 main reason:

- 1 : The familiar pool is WAY SMALLER then BB wich means you really need an INSANE LUCK to pull something usefull from packs

- 2 : For the reason stated above there are only few familiars viable for pvp and events in general.

So what I did is invest some bucks during the last pvp event were i placed 18th with an awful squad, used the remaining ammo packs to get familiars on the market.

Actually if you missed the widow event - pvp event - gorger event you are far behind to compete at a decent level unless you have some money to invest on the game.

My 2cents.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 3:58 pm

$ helps of course. All my mobacoins have been spent on items. never buy pacts unless its for a raid event. As it turns out buying raid event pacts in FF has been even more lucrative than in BB because meta mutant is in the event pool. Ive never bought event pacts tho

Quote :
- 1 : The familiar pool is WAY SMALLER then BB wich means you really need an INSANE LUCK to pull something usefull from packs

^I kinda have to disagree with you here, I think that the smaller fam pool actually means its less diluted with crap fams and you are more likely to get something decent. Idk. Either way it does take insane luck. Hopefully we will see some fresh new content from the devs soon
Back to top Go down
Mise187
Rare
Rare
Mise187

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 4:55 pm

Quote :
^I kinda have to disagree with you here, I think that the smaller fam pool actually means its less diluted with crap fams and you are more likely to get something decent. Idk. Either way it does take insane luck. Hopefully we will see some fresh new content from the devs soon

I get your point Zzz but try to see it from another point of view:

The bigger is the pool the higer is the chance to get a decent familiar, the smaller the pool the lower the chance is to get a decent familiar.

In BB you are able to build a decent team in 1 month or less if you are lucky enough to get something decent from coffins because there is a way bigger variety of familars. So even if you pull something you dont need you can at least trade it for something else you need more.

This cant happen here because there aren't enough familiars yet to build different teams. We all know there are only a few decent familiars in FF right now and they are Widow,Meta mut, Betty, Gorger, Horde chief, Big rig and primarch. If you are lucky enough to pull one of those you most likely keep it for yourself.

Seriously who's gonna trade a meta for a pandeer? A betty for Gutze? A gorger for an Harbinger?
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 5:09 pm

Back when the Exchange first came out, I traded 2 Harbingers for 2 Bettys. From experience in BB, I knew that when the Exchange came out, it would be easily exploitable. People were paying high prices for Infectious Alpha Rot just like they used to do for the now useless Manticore.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 5:42 pm

^ I think the % of good fams in the pool is about the same

Occasionally I see something like a Betty posted for 2x Harbinger in which case I'd go buy 2x overpriced Harb and grab the Betty(<Just an example. I just traded away Gorgers for Reavers so I could grab a Widow, etc). So a few people out there get lucky and their junk trades get accepted that way.
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Anonymous

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 6:03 pm

Sorry for ranting away.

Quote :
So what I did is invest some bucks during the last pvp event were i placed 18th with an awful squad, used the remaining ammo packs to get familiars on the market.

I placed 50 something in that event, the only reason was because of the great deal, and power of the rogue assault mech (whirlwind my old friend). How much did you spend to wind up in the top 20?

Quote :
As it turns out buying raid event pacts in FF has been even more lucrative than in BB because meta mutant is in the event pool.

Is this implying that metas aren't in the normal silver pacs? I've heard this statement before and was a bit confused with it as I've pulled a 1* from a silver.

Quote :
I just traded away Gorgers for Reavers so I could grab a Widow, etc

I saw that posted, was wondering what in the world I was missing about the reaver (three of them).
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 6:21 pm

^Metas are in silver/copper as well, but you seem to have a higher chance to pull them from the event pool because there is generally only two other rare/epic cards (major and minor savage/elite) in there with them

Reavers are pretty good...cloak and dagger can be incredibly useful, especially when buffed, but unfortunatly its no substitute for another powerful offensive card
Back to top Go down
Mise187
Rare
Rare
Mise187

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange EmptyJanuary 14th 2013, 7:07 pm

During the event I spent around 120$ all used to get canisters, just keep in mind at the time i had only 2 primarch and 2 rogue assualt mech (the whirlwind you were using too) so I had to burn a lot to allout my opponents during point boost. After theevent i had still a lot of canister wich I used to build my meta mut v2 (7 card evo) and still having like 10 canister left.

So doing the math I've spent 120$ for kill klaus,meta mut with 13k+ atk and 12k agi and still having 10 canisters open for trades.

Someone may not agree with me, but I feel like I did a good investment Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The exchange Empty
PostSubject: Re: The exchange   The exchange Empty

Back to top Go down

The exchange
Page 1 of 1