Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card

Go down 
+6
ucantseeme
Fresh-Fil-A
Zoar1984
Akkabane
legendslayer
FatalFrontierDev
10 posters
AuthorMessage
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 23rd 2014, 5:35 am

Please give your feedback and suggestions Smile.

Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card Brutal10
Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card Affini11
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 23rd 2014, 7:36 am

First off, thank you for the post! It's good to see you are committed your promise to communicate more with the community!

Secondly, it's an interesting idea. I like that you have to sacrifice existing Lethals to make the brutal. This should help clean out the pool of terrible lethals like Frailpool and Synergists Revenants.

However, the cost to get the new brutal is a bit prohibitive: $120 for the Brutal Nanomite,  $46x3  = $138 for the Stardust v1 (even more if the affinity recipe requires a v2, I can't tell from the graphic), and call it $20 each for the sacrificial lethals if you can get them for 20ac each off the exchange... That comes out to $298 for a single character for a mobile game. No thanks.

I'm sure a few overly-rich (or overly-stupid) players will bite, but probably no more than a handful. What IS for sure though is that this will NOT breathe new life back into the game. This gimmick will only serve to make Dakota a few thousand dollars and let a few elite players win their pissing contests about who can spend the most money. To really get the game rolling again, we need a paradigm shift... not another power creep. Just my 2 cents!
Back to top Go down
Akkabane
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 23rd 2014, 7:49 am

When I looked I saw that I can only get the UC with ingame credits and even the R requires mobacoins. What do I want with UC? If I could at least get R and EP for credits I would know what to do with my 18kk. The idea to craft a new merc by sacrificing mercs I own is a great idea but you wont find me spending that much money on this game. I'm willing to spend a few bucks here and there on a game I like but it will never be that much.

My 2cents:
- Change the prices for UC, R and EP so you can use ingame credits.
- Change the price for the L and B so its not 300 bucks to make them.

But most important: remove the genebound ress and bring back the normal ress in events so the X actually works again
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 23rd 2014, 8:15 am

Also, the Uncommon affinity lets you select Micro Fusion Cells. When you tap on them it freezes everything up and you have to shut down the game and reboot it.

Akkabane.... why don't you give the uncommon one a try. It only costs you a few in-game credits and you might get a 'prize'... hint hint.
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 23rd 2014, 8:17 am

I can't get the game to load now so my comments may change. In summary since I never purchased merc pacts before I'm not going to start now. You've just discouraged me even more by escalating the power curve. I agree with the above posters-make a fundamental change that helps improve things for everyone. I know that as time goes on I'm playing less and less-you don't have much time left.
Back to top Go down
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 2:08 am

There are few glitches in the feature yet, these will be optimized in next release. And yes, you can get a Power Shot using in game credits Smile. Have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 10:54 am

legendslayer wrote:
However, the cost to get the new brutal is a bit prohibitive: $120 for the Brutal Nanomite,  $46x3  = $138 for the Stardust v1 (even more if the affinity recipe requires a v2, I can't tell from the graphic), and call it $20 each for the sacrificial lethals if you can get them for 20ac each off the exchange... That comes out to $298 for a single character for a mobile game. No thanks.

This is one of the cheapest ( Lethals ) -> Brutals there has ever been in the game. Not quite sure what you're on about but look at the Gigan pacts, Nocturnal, etc. Those were a lot more expensive than this, also remember this is the games first Brutal ! Smile
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 11:50 am

I agree that when you compare it with previous lethal packs, it's affordable (I think the original hellcat came out to something $500 to get one). But for normal people, it's not really reasonable. I work my ass off 40+ hours a week and I only allow myself $200 a month spending money. So am I going to spend that 2 months worth of work on a few pixels? Or would I rather go out and buy a brand new PS4?... I'll take the PS4 every time.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and get them to lower the price or anything. I'm just putting my 'Average Joe' viewpoint out there so they can take it into account when doing their pact pricing.
Back to top Go down
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon
ucantseeme

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 25th 2014, 1:06 pm

I do think it was a very good idea (love the chamber idea and the tradable res prize!) And I think its reasonably affordable when compared to other pacts. My only disappointment in the card was its single action and is the main thing that kept me from splurging for her. Really had no trouble with her when facing her in pvp, and having wavewire hack her was a nice plus, lol. Hopefully, future brutals will be double action. But overall, I like the whole concept of it though.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 25th 2014, 2:03 pm

The next brutal should have 'hack proof' as its third skill Wink
Back to top Go down
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon
ucantseeme

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 25th 2014, 9:48 pm

Or a skill to remove or avoid hack. Put a little strategy back in pvp, lol.
Back to top Go down
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon
ucantseeme

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 25th 2014, 11:56 pm

Ok, she is pretty awesome even if she is only a single action. And the agi buff fits so well in my squad, or will once I finish leveling her.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 26th 2014, 10:18 am

This Brutal does not need double action since she has a Pre-Battle, an On-Death and a normal skill. I like her, nice stats and good skills with nice proc rates & modifiers. ( Don't have her ofc )
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 26th 2014, 1:31 pm

legendslayer wrote:
So am I going to spend that 2 months worth of work on a few pixels? Or would I rather go out and buy a brand new PS4?

I've been saying this from the beginning and it's why I've never spent a cent on this game. The prices are just too high. Why would I buy some 1s and 0s in a mobile game for the same price as several brand new full fledged console or PC games? I've said it before and I'll say it again right now: Dakota should take a page out of Valve's book when it comes to how they price their games on Steam. I'm talking massive discounts in regular sales, free give-aways (that are actually worth a damn) and preferential treatment for their biggest customers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon
ucantseeme

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyJuly 28th 2014, 10:34 pm

Some of us dont mind to spend on this game, and I hope this first brutal is a lesson to Dakota that if it is attractive and affordable there is money to be made. I'm sure my count is low but I have seen at least 30 brutals floating around now wreaking havoc on the game, lol. 2 thumbs up from me guys!
Back to top Go down
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare
TechnicalSpartanism

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptyAugust 25th 2014, 1:00 pm

I thought the brutal was reasonably priced compared to other pacts, but there would be a lot more money to be made if the prices were less drastic for pacts and res. Say 50 ppl bought hellcat for 260 or whatever it was. make it half that, and you probably would've had triple your sales. I would've bought one if they were closer to the $100-$150 mark.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptySeptember 4th 2014, 7:36 am

FYI the new affinity chamber isn't even worth your time unless you want to spend the hundreds of dollars for the brutal. The uncommon only gives you a dark mite and 3 ammo mags this time. Blah.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptySeptember 4th 2014, 5:26 pm

I'd say it's worth the two minutes of tapping to get your 6 free mags but it was very disappointing not to get powershots again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptySeptember 4th 2014, 10:22 pm

Ummmm...I think that I got at least one non-gb powershot. On the first redeem.
Back to top Go down
DaddyCool
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptySeptember 5th 2014, 6:04 am

Brutal pacts is just retarded. The cost of getting a brutal is crazy. Making me certain not to spend any cash on this game. A waste.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card EmptySeptember 5th 2014, 10:51 am

DaddyCool wrote:
Brutal pacts is just retarded. The cost of getting a brutal is crazy. Making me certain not to spend any cash on this game. A waste.

Welcome to the dark side DaddyCool. Team Fug Bug shall survive! HA HA HA ah?

Free playing is how many of us roll these days. A few spend some cash now & then, but some are purists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card   Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Affinity Chambers & First Brutal Card
Page 1 of 1