Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

is it just me or are coins worthless?

Go down 
+5
Jett-Lagg
-Zzz
legendslayer
Lanseal
Ravendill
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

is it just me or are coins worthless? Empty
PostSubject: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:13 am

I've spent well over 200 veteran and over 200 novice coins since the event started and have only gotten 2 shitty worthless rares. in BB I am almost guaranteed a rare if I hit UC by the fourth or fifth pops up. in FF, I have gotten multiple times where I got 4, 5 or 6 UC and no rare.

anyone else having this kind of shitty luck, or is it just me? IMO, they lowered the rare/ep percentages for veteran and novice, but keep it higher for the paying customers.

I have never had this bad of luck with coins...I really believe they reduced the rates to get them.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:14 am

Rates are 1-2% during any sale that has a time limit. Rates average 5% when there is no timed sale.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:21 am

I got a Meta Mutant* once.... in probably over 3k cells total. Get used to it, the free cell drop rates here suck.

In direct contrast, I pulled a Thor* on my free pact in BB yesterday and made 10 horns off it. Yay.

However, I don't have a problem with paying customers having better odds. In fact, I don't think they are good enough and should be even higher. I think you should be able to pay and get something directly. I probably would drop $20-30 if i could be guarranteed a Junker Warlord each time. But the fact that I have a rediculously small chance to get anything good, even with paying, means I'd rather not throw my money away and feel like I'd just been taken advantage of.

Now the ammo deal on the other hand, I might take them up on that if it runs again during a PvP event that I am making a run for the Lethal in.
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:51 am

I feel like pull rates are especially poor during/recently after pvp events due to all the silvers they give out

I personally haven't used a coin in a few event cycles in hopes that they will add something worth getting (like the Odin 'promotion' in BB, etc) to the coin pool
Back to top Go down
Jett-Lagg
Rare
Rare
Jett-Lagg

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:56 am

It's all about luck. During the Maelstrom event I pulled a Meta v2 with event coins. After the event I used the 10 cells I got and got another Meta v2. After that, I would be lucky to get at least 3 UC in a 10 pact set. Just be patient with them. You're bound get some BA cards eventually if you just keep at it.
Back to top Go down
redcarpetfish
Rare
Rare
redcarpetfish

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 1:01 am

Out of 100 silver coins I've only gotten a few crappy rares and ended trading them off for erks usually durib the raid events you get better luck with recruits cause off event fans

Plus you an just throw 4UC together and just make a rare to flip on exchange
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 1:13 pm

Lanseal wrote:
Rates are 1-2% during any sale that has a time limit. Rates average 5% when there is no timed sale.

how do you know this? does it say this anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 7:02 pm

Numerous trials using thousands of coins by pro BB players using sales as the variable and no-sales as the control.
Back to top Go down
smirch0
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 19th 2013, 12:16 am

I've noticed that pulling them in packs of ten is a lot more effective than doing it in smaller groups. I normally get at least one rare per ten coins, sometimes more. Most of them are insta-sales but every so often something good sneaks through. That being said, I wouldn't mind a slightly better drop rate on the better fams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/snuffshirts
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 19th 2013, 12:23 am

I just pulled 40 radiant and 40 fission cells and only got 1 rare (Horde Blocker**) from them all.
Back to top Go down
Derpa
Common
Common
Derpa

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 19th 2013, 5:59 am

legendslayer wrote:
I got a Meta Mutant* once.... in probably over 3k cells total. Get used to it, the free cell drop rates here suck.

In direct contrast, I pulled a Thor* on my free pact in BB yesterday and made 10 horns off it. Yay.

However, I don't have a problem with paying customers having better odds. In fact, I don't think they are good enough and should be even higher. I think you should be able to pay and get something directly. I probably would drop $20-30 if i could be guarranteed a Junker Warlord each time. But the fact that I have a rediculously small chance to get anything good, even with paying, means I'd rather not throw my money away and feel like I'd just been taken advantage of.

Now the ammo deal on the other hand, I might take them up on that if it runs again during a PvP event that I am making a run for the Lethal in.

Lol, pulled a Rogue Ultra Mech 1* from a free cell.

Never pulled even a UC from BB on the free coin
Back to top Go down
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 19th 2013, 5:36 pm

Gotta use tons at once in sets of 10. I've pulled probably8 meta-mutants from my coins since October
Back to top Go down
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? EmptyFebruary 20th 2013, 12:58 am

just pulled a meta today from a silver, woot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it just me or are coins worthless?   is it just me or are coins worthless? Empty

Back to top Go down

is it just me or are coins worthless?
Page 1 of 1