Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Security question for Marcus

Go down 
+3
-Zzz
bwjoejr
PeaceThroughWar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PeaceThroughWar
Uncommon
Uncommon

Security question for Marcus Empty
PostSubject: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 17th 2013, 7:57 pm

The big thing on everyones mind is the recent hacking of the top Blood Brothers players accounts. Does FF have any plans to make it so this won't happen as this game gets as popular as BB?

The biggest problem I think is that the account names are visible on the leaderboards. As a result, hackers already have half the puzzle. Maybe we should be able to change that to a nickname?

Edit: shit posted this in the wrong forum.... any way a mod can move it?
Back to top Go down
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
bwjoejr

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 17th 2013, 9:45 pm

moved to Q&A
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 17th 2013, 10:27 pm

I am very concerned about this as well

It seems more like a Mobage issue than GV (I realize they are all DeNA)

One thing we can do in the meantime is discourage RMT so hackers have no avenue to sell stolen goods, and hence no motivation to hack
Back to top Go down
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
-Zzz

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 17th 2013, 10:48 pm

WOW. I just read about many more hackings on bbrpg, including some of my old friends

Mobage needs to do something. Freeze accounts. Stop trading. No new events and god damn money grabs until this is fixed.

I will be sheltering my assets on a different account as soon as this event is over
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 17th 2013, 11:20 pm

-Zzz wrote:
One thing we can do in the meantime is discourage RMT so hackers have no avenue to sell stolen goods, and hence no motivation to hack

^ This. Best thing we can do as a player base to prevent hacks.

Unless you have a lucrative BB account on the same mobage account as your FF one, it's probably reasonably safe, since there isn't a ton of RMT here like BB.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:18 am

Use a Facebook login if you plan to shelter. It should add an extra layer of security since FB security should be better than Mobage security due to sheer size and level of importance.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:26 am

That's not a bad idea, Lanseal. I might transfer my team over to a new, more secure account just as you suggested. However I wonder if the FB credentials are transmitted in the clear so hackers can just intercept the packet and grab the login from there? God I hope not. I wonder if any of the hacked BB accounts used FB as login. Can you look into that?
Back to top Go down
redcarpetfish
Rare
Rare
redcarpetfish

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 12:50 am

Then wouldn't it be a good that the FF player base is so much smaller then blood brothers? Or am i the only that sees a conection between the (amount of players / demand of good characters)
Back to top Go down
Karthunk
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus EmptyFebruary 18th 2013, 2:08 am

FF doesn't have the money flow like BB so I wouldn't worry too much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Security question for Marcus   Security question for Marcus Empty

Back to top Go down

Security question for Marcus
Page 1 of 1