Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Dieing

Go down 
+5
JoDaHo74
mamoncrief
Amerame
nlipper1227
Arthainius
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 5:28 pm

This game is def dieing and looks like its fast. With almost no participation last event i was ranked 1500. The exchange has mercs on it right now that 4 months ago would have gone for 120+res that are going for 40-50..... houston we have a problem
Back to top Go down
nlipper1227
Uncommon
Uncommon

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 6:16 pm

Its not dieing its in flux big time. People are still recovering from the nerfs. Between the agi nerfs and res changes no one wants to spend, but for the same reason everyone wants to offload now while everything is still worth something. So the market is flooded with stuff that most players cant afford because everyone is trying to get as much as they can before the market crashes and L are going for nothing because nobody who has any will trade it away. Now with the counters your mostly going to see merc for merc trades for a while. And with the money it looks like some playees have spent on pacts lately i think Dakota has made enough to stay running for a bit. And i wouldn't be surprised to see jacksons in pacts soon so they can make money off that. So its not really dieing its just starting to find itself again.
Back to top Go down
Amerame
Rare
Rare

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 6:54 pm

genebound stuff means much less ressources entering the market, and hence price dropping. This tower event had probably around 20%-25% more competitor than last tower event (based on TFB results this time around, we all ranked 20-50 rank lower than last tower, ranking 50-200 rather than 20-150 last event).
Beside, it's quite obvious that the game is more enjoyable for newcommers now that the ridiculously op bot have been nerfed : they were widespread among veteran and completely game breaking for ALL events.
It's not perfect, but still, it's better than BB overall.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 11:30 pm

I'm kinda sick seeing these game is dying threads all the time, and as much as I respect you arth it shouldn't be coming from a mod for sure.

That said, this event did see two things - less resources overall needed for the lethal, and higher participation overall in the event. This means that the resources are started to vacate the market and that within a few months we should see event costs and merc costs get to a reasonable level which is a huge boon to all players. Also, an increase in player base means that the game is more likely on a road to recover then it is slipping into an untimely grave.

I'm not saying everything is fixed, but saying that the game is ending is pretty uncalled for at this point as well.
Back to top Go down
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare
JoDaHo74

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 1st 2013, 9:15 am

mamoncrief wrote:
I'm kinda sick seeing these game is dying threads all the time, and as much as I respect you arth it shouldn't be coming from a mod for sure.

That said, this event did see two things - less resources overall needed for the lethal, and higher participation overall in the event. This means that the resources are started to vacate the market and that within a few months we should see event costs and merc costs get to a reasonable level which is a huge boon to all players. Also, an increase in player base means that the game is more likely on a road to recover then it is slipping into an untimely grave.

I'm not saying everything is fixed, but saying that the game is ending is pretty uncalled for at this point as well.

WORD.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 2nd 2013, 10:53 am

How is 1500 players an increase
I saw events 5 months ago with 4k+ players......
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 2nd 2013, 11:09 am

And as a mod its a friendly warning that all the hard work people are puting in may all be for nothing soon so yes I do feel a responsibility to inform ESP when I have reliable sources.
Back to top Go down
nlipper1227
Uncommon
Uncommon

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 2nd 2013, 11:10 am

All the bots are gone. Accounts logging in getting enough points for the reward res is pointless so they don't do it now. That accounts for a lot of the event participation numbers falling.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 2nd 2013, 11:16 am

Not even close to all the players lot though. Dude I've been playing since January right after first event. Even the forum has completely different people. When I first started even I remember seeing ranks 2-3k
Back to top Go down
nlipper1227
Uncommon
Uncommon

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 2nd 2013, 12:23 pm

I was around back then too and there were guys (not naming names but if youve been around you know who im talking about) running multiple accounts farming L and epics. Those guys were nuts. Hell in the beginning from what i could tell during my lurking phase, most players were farming multiple accounts. So those numbers make sense. Multiple accounts get you ban hammered now so nobody is willing to risk it.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 2nd 2013, 12:26 pm

Multiple accounts doesn't get you banned. Running multiple accounts for the purpose of botting gets you banned. But now that they have fixed that problem, don't expect them to give you too much hassle for running alts, no matter what anyone tells you, running an alternate is not against the TOS of this game. It might bristle some peoples sense of "Fair" but isn't against the rules. It's like saying I should get more points from shooting from the top of the key than someone sitting under the post, because the key shot is a harder shot. But that is ridiculous. Why? Because that's not in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Everydaynyc
Rare
Rare

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 3rd 2013, 4:45 am

Wow the first event was in December/January? I guess all those events I played in October, November and December of last year were just delusions on my part
Back to top Go down
coronach
Uncommon
Uncommon

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 3rd 2013, 4:55 am

Crappy Lethal..
Crappy Event Reward..
I'm facing Lethals team from battle four..
Procs still annoying..

Really, I can see some progress here Wink
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 3rd 2013, 6:57 am

If the crazies that choose to play this game hours on end also choose to play multiple accounts in the hope of doubling their rewards, then more power to them. Just don't expect tears when you miss a reward due to splitting your effort.
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare
edluv1

Game Dieing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Dieing   Game Dieing EmptyDecember 3rd 2013, 10:39 am

9 fights, as in 3 x 3 off natural regen this morning, and I am ranked 40th
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin