Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On Genebound Items

Go down 
+4
legendslayer
ArgentSix
DaedHead8
Lanseal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 1:45 am

At first, I thought this genebound nonsense was only implemented because it would lead to more purchases (and it probably will). However, there is a lot of potential here to bring out a more level playing field.

If genebound items are made to be more common like during events, it will make the game more fair for everyone as everyone would be able to put more skin in the game, and it has the added benefit of not being exploitable since it can't be traded.

On one hand, making them more common would devalue unbound (this needs a metaterm?) resources and thus the money-grubbing devs might lose out on money. But I think there could balance that could be struck where the regular use of genebound resources could push players to continue that regular use with the purchase of unbound resources. At the moment, only 1 AC is gained at the beginning of each event (250 points). This 1 resource is neither enough to convince nor ingrain the habit of regularly using resources. The "demo length" should be prolonged by providing more genebound resources.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 6:13 pm

I agree 100% and because everyone would be getting the benefit, it wouldn't really upset the current leaderboard trends thus it wouldn't affect sales much at all. Sadly I don't see Dakota doing something like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
ArgentSix
Uncommon
Uncommon
ArgentSix

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 8:04 pm

Yeah I think it's just a way to force more purchases. The rate for finding gene bound items is lower for me than what was previous for rare supply caches giving me regular power shots.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 9:59 pm

My rate has actually gone up as I found 3 genebound ps in 1 day, all in natural regen.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
legendslayer

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 11:00 pm

That's cuz your a pirate. The rest of us get dick squat from chests.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 12:16 am

Yea, us pirates find all the good booty in the treasure chest, lol.
Back to top Go down
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 4:14 am

I too picked up 3 g-ps in on day of regen farming.. id almost go as far to say they have tweaked the rates in our favour! Maybe just me and inter are lucky?!
Back to top Go down
urs4mine
Uncommon
Uncommon
urs4mine

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 22nd 2013, 5:46 pm

I agree with integradragon and d1fferent, it feels like the rates have actually gone up on getting ps. I got 3 one day and another 2 shortly after reset the following day.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 22nd 2013, 6:46 pm

I was getting a lot before they were genebound- had about 10-15 that i picked up in a week of farming the last level of the farthest world.
Back to top Go down
ArgentSix
Uncommon
Uncommon
ArgentSix

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 9:39 am

I used to average 10 shots a week as well. Now I've gotten a whooping 1 gene bound item total since they changed it up.
Back to top Go down
fozziev
Rare
Rare
fozziev

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 9:49 am

Wft I must be doing something wrong I run last level nonstop and think I have only ever got like 5 PS ever! And I have yet to get a gen bound one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On Genebound Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Genebound Items   On Genebound Items Empty

Back to top Go down

On Genebound Items
Page 1 of 1