Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tier Listings

Go down 
+2
Fresh-Fil-A
Moba-man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moba-man
Uncommon
Uncommon

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 11:56 am

The listings on the wiki are outdated. What does everyone in the community think about the rankings in the current state of the game?
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 12:51 pm

Is there a reason to update the list when we know the game is shutting down in the next following months ?
Back to top Go down
Moba-man
Uncommon
Uncommon

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 1:12 pm

Is it really shutting down? Why bother making updates to a dying game then? Is there anything official that confirms a shutdown? I have been hoping that it was just the voice of frustration spreading that rumor. This game is too tun to just die out.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 1:36 pm

Nothing official, just predictions based on the bans/retirements of a good portion of the top players.

It most likely will limp on and attract new interest. All the game mechanic changes have some wondering if it will be possible to be competitive as a "free" player, which is what the majority of the current game population is.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 2:19 pm

The game isnt shutting down, don't talk that crap and scare people. Even with 10 players this game can turn a profit. They just paid their salaries for the next 3 months with selling raid savages for people shooting top 7 for a wis buffer lethal.

The player base is down. Before the nerf it was a solid 6k players or more. After the nerf it went down to 3 overnight. Last event was 2500, and this one killing one boss after the first 24 hours put you at rank 1700. The game hasn't yet stabilized. But if the devs CAN get the number of new players coming equalling those leaving, or maybe a little in the positive, the game will quickly rebound. They know they have a goldmine formula in this game, dena didn't make almost 30 billion dollars last year on fantasica or that crap frog game. They are making it on Blood Brothers and GI Joe. But FF, despite sharing the same formula, is their lowest grossing game. They know that the problem isn't the formula, so they are setting the bones and making it right. It will heal, but its not going to be an overnight thing.
Back to top Go down
Moba-man
Uncommon
Uncommon

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 2:28 pm

You cheered me up there Mamoncrief. Any chance you can share some insight into where newer key mercs fit into the tier rankings?
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 3:17 pm

Moba, if you have mercs in mind, simply ask. Mamon and a number of others on here have a plethora of information on just about all mercs worth knowing.
Back to top Go down
Moba-man
Uncommon
Uncommon

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 3:34 pm

Okay. Where does Kinetic v2 and Howitzer v2 rank? Also, any speculation on where a Controller v2 will rank?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 3:46 pm

I've been working for about a week on the tier lists, but it is on a word doc so i can do the edits all at once. I'm doing everything I can to be impartial but hunting down new fresh market data is proving tiring, especially since a merc will go for 500 ac one day and 200 the next. kinetic prophet for example was selling for 400 per L1 at one point, but now L2s aren't selling for 400. I'll get it up asap
Back to top Go down
Moba-man
Uncommon
Uncommon

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 3:48 pm

Thanks mamon. You are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Amerame
Rare
Rare

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 6:49 pm

I think the 1700 players playing this event could be that a bunch of players stopped playing multiple accounts 15 minutes to get the "free" ressource.
Back to top Go down
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
Lanseal

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 8th 2013, 10:37 pm

I came back after over half a year to see how things were going. The state of things can be seen in the threads found here:
https://fatalfrontier.forumotion.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=dakota&show_results=topics

I agree with mamoncrief that game won't shut down because it's still profitable. However, the damage caused by Dakota's actions (removing value from people's prized gains, and that nothing is holy anymore) made people realize that the entire point of playing (collecting powerful mercs) is now held at the brink of weekly updates.

I disagree that this damage will heal. The game still has an identity crisis since so many of the character designs are just Blood Brother rejects. The playerbase will remain small, under 5000 at best, since they are shaping the game into a moneymaker that increasingly requires less labor (layoffs) and the introduction of genebound items (which now limits the exchange to money-bought resources).

Plus the game is just too dark to attract a larger audience. It's boring wasteland after boring wasteland that feels empty and depressing, all the while attacking and being attacked with no visible motivation behind the attacks. The story still has little to no direction (you still don't know why Cardinal is even attacking you in the first place!) and there's nothing other than events and the clearly overpowered rewards to keep people engaged.

Furthermore, a heavy portion of FF players, if not the majority, come as refugees of Blood Brothers resulting from resource hacking, blatant monetary transactions that can best be seen on Neoseeker, or even perhaps because they feel like there are too many players and don't feel special or impactful. After seeing the kinds of BS there and the kinds of BS here, it's not surprising to see these players have lost all faith in this type of formula.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 8:15 am

Exactly. Only thing they do these days is copying from Blood Brothers, they're making skills with WIS-BASED damage and apparently they're making more (Front/Mid/Back) Row Hitters, same as in Blood Brothers. Also the introduction of these resources made me angry.
I only see the playerbase decreasing, don't expect it to increase any time soon.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 12:11 pm

When I said that human nature wouldn't allow people to NOT buy full teams of savages people hummed and hawwed and wouldn't believe that anyone would spend money on this game. Folks, let me tell you, behind the curtains of this game is a system that pulls at everything psychological string possible to get you to put more money into the system. For a player who decides to play free, those strings still pull them into the game. Despite the very actual qualms stated by Lanseal, we are here because we play this game and I assume we are playing because we get some sort of enjoyment out of the game. That trumps all the problems. People get too lost in all the moaning and complaining and forget that this is a game, and at the end of the day people play it because it's fun.

Did you ever think that the reason people aren't joining as fast as in the past is because of that vain campaign some forum members ran to defame Dakota and have their 1 star posts warning people away from the game rise to the top of the download screen in the app market? It would prevent me from downloading the game. I don't agree with what Dakota did, I think it is damnable, and I was hit hard by it. But as a player of a game I enjoy, the last thing I want is for the game to dwindle to the point it isn't enjoyable any more.

You can't sit on the forum and complain about one thing one day, and respond to it by tanking FF's reviews on the market, and then a month later complain that your bad reviews are doing their job.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 12:39 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
Despite the very actual qualms stated by Lanseal, we are here because we play this game and I assume we are playing because we get some sort of enjoyment out of the game.
Actually, to sell the mercs you own is also a possibility. I'm not just playing free so I can one day leave all my mercs to rust on an inactive account. Wink
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 10:19 pm

^^ well that's a crappy reason. This isn't a job, its a game haha.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 3:13 pm

Updating tier lists today! Lethal is done, throw out your comments, I am sure I will need to shake things up some more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tier Listings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Listings   Tier Listings Empty

Back to top Go down

Tier Listings
Page 1 of 1