Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

retiring

Go down 
+2
mamoncrief
sphynx187
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

retiring Empty
PostSubject: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 1:13 am

I had a profound post with all the sentiment fit for someone who loves this forum and it's participants, but my computer died and I have been drinking. Below is a portion (from what I remember) of that post:

I became a father again for the second time three weeks ago and I need to be focused. I've caught myself thinking of evolutions and PVP/Raid formations during all hours of the day. While still fun, I know this game is taking some of my brain waves that probably should go elsewhere.

Long story short, I started playing because of free time at work, but now I am making (lots) of time for this game. After being a top 125 player for so long, I don't want to go back to being simply a 500+ player. Maybe I'll join TFB and just fart around with whatever doesn't sell (on the market, legally, abiding by the dynamic TOS) below.

Below are the mercs I am offloading:

Primarch OPEx1, NPEx3
UM OPEx1, NPEx3
Burnfrost 7/100
Graff 8/50
Incinerator V2 7/100
Lilith 8/200, 8/150 (still needs last 50)
Archangel 8/150 (still needs last 50)
Niobe 8/200 (plus 8 r1, 4 lvl 70)
EVE 8/50
Nalac 8/200, 8/100
Televangelist 8/50
Blue Bot 4/50 (10.9K), 4/150 (11.03K)
Rail gun r1x7
f-9 mark1 x11
A4z x9 r1
Golem 4/50
Siren 4/50
Turret 8/50
Cannonback 8/200
Overgrown V2 POPE
Switchblade 8/200
Canis 8/50
Big Rig v2 2/50
Tigrey 10k+ wis
Green Vulture OPE
Purple Vulture NPE
Gold Bot NPE (9.2K)
Meta Mutant R1x5
Mordeo 4/50
Particle Plasmablade v2 x3 PE (I was going to make 8/1, never did find another 2 R1)
Ironsight Warlord v2 8/200
Steel Gaigelbuster 6/50

*updated list with more details*

I also have omnibots, knucklebreackers, splicers, gyros and such if anyone is looking to complete one for whatever reason (I won't judge).

Let's start there. Please PM all offers. I'm not really looking for mercs, but if you really want something but don't have any res, I'm sure we can work something out.

Please be patient, I will respond but probably not until after 5PM CST.

Thanks for the ride.

Sphynx

Last edited by sphynx187 on October 23rd 2013, 12:18 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 1:30 am

Hey bud I am real sorry to hear that you are moving into those green pastures of retirement. I hope that life is awesome for you from here on out. What kind of offers are you looking for, since you won't be playing any more. Let me know cause there are definitely some things I could use in my effort to rebuild my team after getting wrecked by the nerf.

I'd love to put an offer on the golem, siren, and na'lacs especially. (Assuming the incin is gone, cause I'd love one of them too)!

Again. Sad to.see you go hope you still find a place to hang out here
Back to top Go down
Orzhov
Rare
Rare
Orzhov

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 1:52 am

So many people are retiring/quitting/banned. What is going to happen to the FF community?
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 2:34 am

It's gonna keep chugging along, new people will come in to replace the old competitive fellows (like yourself) and new newbies will come in to replace you guys. It's how it's supposed to work Smile Doesn't mean we don't miss those that have moved on however!
Back to top Go down
Orzhov
Rare
Rare
Orzhov

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 3:01 am

I know mamon but the forums just seem so empty these days. Been on them all day today pretty much and hardly any activity buzzing about. No fights between love and Art, Frank is no longer with us, it just feels empty right now Sad
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 3:19 am

I know, and weekends are super busy for me too, so not even I have been super active. Lot's of holes to fill around here hah
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 9:30 am

real life takes priority, but when you decide that you want to play again, TFB has a spot for you Razz

Even though we don't compete for the top spots, it's still a lot of fun in our group. It all comes down to the mindset you have for playing the game. I personally would love to compete for Ls every event, but I can't put in the time. My goal is to play hard when I can and earn lots of good event rares, then sell and buy Ls when I can. In it's own sick way, I've found that to be more fun than playing...trying to buy the next L.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 6:10 pm

Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in my "Soon-to-be-better-utilized-elsewhere" mercs. If you sent me a PM and I haven't responded, I will get to you hopefully this evening.

Fresh: I'll send you a PM in about an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 9:12 pm

Glad to hear you got your priorities straight sphynx! Being a dad should always come before ranking top 100 in a silly phone game. When you're ready to rock it casual style come join us in TFB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 11:01 pm

I haven't been shirking daddy duties, I've just been finding myself being distracted.

I was able to figure out my arm/hand placement so that I could rock and burp my fussy baby while playing tower with my left hand. It was 3AM and it helped me stay awake. I suppose I'll have to go back to envisioning dam breach analyses from PMP events.

Thank you to all the TFB'ers for their offers. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 22nd 2013, 10:01 am

Trust me, with my 3 month old, sometimes FF is the only thing keeping me awake when she's up fussing @ 3am and you're going on 4 hrs of sleep from the night before. It's the competitive juices that get flowing that help keep me awake; all while being able to watch/feed/comfort baby girl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring EmptyOctober 22nd 2013, 7:15 pm

Well, I picked up a paying gig so my gaming has taken a back seat to keeping the boss willing to pay me real dollars instead of res. I'll opine when I can gang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: retiring   retiring Empty

Back to top Go down

retiring
Page 1 of 1