Fatal Frontier Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings

Go down 
+7
DaedHead8
mamoncrief
Ravendill
Arthainius
gameremporer2
aceslifebegins
caya
11 posters
AuthorMessage
caya
Rare
Rare

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 5:50 am

Hello every1,
im new here but not so new to the game. I quite like it and wasted unhealthy plenty of time playing it, but am among those who dont like to pay to win. However, it gets a little bit fustrating when newer players can never reach good event record unless they really dig deep into the wallet.
Still I like how i started with my first elites, which got slowly replaced by well trained and better ones. Top100 in event still missed me, but i am getting closer and closer ;-).
See you around.
C4y4
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic
aceslifebegins

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 7:00 am

Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
gameremporer2
Common
Common

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 7:16 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 7:43 am

Welcome to the thunderdome. Also most the top guys here are free players and always have been. I personally have like 15 bucks invested. Is it harder to build your team this way? Yes. Makes it feel a lot more worth it when you do eventually build a top team knowing you didn't spend what others did to make the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 8:36 am

welcome to the best forum in the biz!!!
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 10:30 am

Arthainius wrote:
Welcome to the thunderdome. Also most the top guys here are free players and always have been. I personally have like 15 bucks invested. Is it harder to build your team this way? Yes. Makes it feel a lot more worth it when you do eventually build a top team knowing you didn't spend what others did to make the same thing.
Exactly. But with time, its gonna be harder and harder to achieve that. For example the trading around Lilith surprised me a lot, and for me poor newb its impossible to obtain the 4th Lilith.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 12:51 pm

Then throw in the towel haha. If you had 3 lilliths, you could have made 40-50 cans off those. Farm yourself up to 500 or so mags, take those cans, and get yourself a lethal in raid or pvp (if you have the team)

People who blew cans to put together a 140 can 8n1 lillith are crazy man haha.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
DaedHead8

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 8:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum! Swing by one of the TFB thread if you're in need of some event allies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
caya
Rare
Rare

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 4:50 am

mamoncrief wrote:
Then throw in the towel haha. If you had 3 lilliths, you could have made 40-50 cans off those. Farm yourself up to 500 or so mags, take those cans, and get yourself a lethal in raid or pvp (if you have the team)

People who blew cans to put together a 140 can 8n1 lillith are crazy man haha.
Too late for me. If i predicted this when event ended, i would try to exploit it and sell those three Liliths. Now im stucked with evolved t3 Lilith Sad. Well, she is still better than most of my other mercs.

DaedHead8 wrote:
Welcome to the Forum! Swing by one of the TFB thread if you're in need of some event allies!
Thanks, i surely will.
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 5:47 am

Welcome.

That happened to me with incinerate. I made a 3 in 1 and then paid 20 ac to get another one to make a 4 in 1. I still have him and he still has a spot in my pvp team.
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 8:39 am

P.S. - 4n1 mercs are plain garbage. It doesn't matter if it's still way better than your current mercs, because the stats are way low and if you try to sell it, it will go for a 1/3rd or 1/4th of normal asking price. People only want to buy PE (8n1) or better, unless you find a situation where the merc is just way too good, like frozen golem or bots, but I have a feeling that will never happen again in this game.

Like mamon said, you were better off selling the R1 mercs and making tons of res, but too late now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 9:11 am

What's done is done.

The way I see it is there are 3 options.

1. Keeps it as a 3 in 1 - pretty useless.
2. Sells the 3 in 1. Someone might buy it for probably not a lot as people won't want to create a non 8 in 1 evo.
3. Buys another R1. I saw one for 10 ps not long ago so that isn't too bad.

If he makes a 4 in 1 it will still be useful as Lilith has some pretty nice stats. He can crystal the R1 before he evos it to help out as well. The 3 in 1 is pretty worthless, so the question is whether or not there is a better merc out there than a 4 in 1 Lilith for 10 ps...
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 9:33 am

No there's not.... finish the Lilith for 10-15 Res and you still have a merc with 11k+ agi that can ohko 4 non buffed nercs.
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
Arthainius

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 9:35 am

From now on though try to only build 8*1 mercs as their stats will give you the advantage over non PE and when your done with it you will get 3-4x more Res for it off the X
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 9:44 am

Thank you for all those comments. I have used some crystals on the t3 already and will either wait for the 4th t1 to make it complete or (if prices of Lilith drops enough) get three more T1 to get 6n1. Anyway, Lilith, 2 birds and 2 big rigs 2 are my current most potent combo for damage (looking forward to next raidboss hunt).
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic
Ravendill

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 10:43 am

you're on your way to a decent raid squad. Try to get some PE Keymasters...I'm sure aces can just give you some, he has like 800 of them Wink

They are the cheapest, best raid mercs you can own that will own the raid bosses. Plus, if you can get a blue bot, you'll own even more!

good luck!
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
Zoar1984

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 12:19 pm

You guys need to remember what it's like to be a newbie. I have an Incinerate v2 that is a 4n1. I was a fairly new player during that event and was only able to get 3 copies of blaze. It took months before I was able to find another one. Thus I can totally understand caya and I would recommend making a 4n1 Lilith. The longer you play, the more you have the mercs/squad to do better in events and then you can start making 8n1's. Welcome and good luck caya.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 12:41 pm

^ what he said.

I made 4/1 of Golem, Mordeo, Gormandizer, and Siren because I wasn't so much a newbie but I mostly because I hadn't found this forum yet. I could've made 8/1 golem and mordeo, but sold my "extras" for parts because I couldn't justify the "tiny" increase in stats. Dumb...
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
sphynx187

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 12:43 pm

I did make a 6/1 of the gaigelwanker...so I've got that going for me
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
mamoncrief

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 1:18 pm

I remember very well what it's like to be a newbie. I wish someone had told me to sell off my event rares as r1's rather than spend every resource I had to try and build one every single event.

I ended up with a lot of mediocre epics, when if I had sold them I could have end up with a lot of truly awesome lethals.

That said, if you are interested in selling that 3n1, I might actually buy it and use it as the back end of a lillith evo for myself rather than buy a full 8n1 at these outrageous prices. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
caya
Rare
Rare

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 3:36 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
I remember very well what it's like to be a newbie. I wish someone had told me to sell off my event rares as r1's rather than spend every resource I had to try and build one every single event.

I ended up with a lot of mediocre epics, when if I had sold them I could have end up with a lot of truly awesome lethals.

That said, if you are interested in selling that 3n1, I might actually buy it and use it as the back end of a lillith evo for myself rather than buy a full 8n1 at these outrageous prices. Let me know.
Thanks for the offer but not now. As i said, Lilith is still one of my best mercs (with those two rigs probably the best one) even when its only t3 (and 11k agi). Not even 4n1 vultures with 12k agi give better damage. So ill keep it for now and wait for Lilith to drop in price a bit more. It hopefully will.
As for newbie behaviour... it was not long time ago when i did not bother to evolve mercs with 10% bonus and was just fine with 5%. Then i started to be a bit more patient with leveling mercs for optimal evolution but never went beyond 4n1 (cannonback, raider, primarch). Now i see that i 4n1 is still not enough and ill need to focus in 8n1... geez. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic
Fresh-Fil-A

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings EmptySeptember 12th 2013, 5:19 pm

Haha, yea. You'll learn a lot here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Empty